Thread: Lines on Strat Map

Default Lines on Strat Map

I've discovered mysterious lines running east-west across my strat map. They seem to be showing up everywhere but are only visible over near-black terrains or against the backdrop of the edge of the map. Pictures below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Seen over dark terrain in Mordor.

Over the edge of the map.

I know for a fact that I never had this issue with my old PC (and old monitor) but I don't know if this problem is due to my new PC (or monitor) or if I've induced it somehow in the last couple months when I started to notice it (got the new PC almost a year ago). Has anyone seen this before?

Default Re: Lines on Strat Map

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    I've discovered mysterious lines running east-west across my strat map. They seem to be showing up everywhere but are only visible over near-black terrains or against the backdrop of the edge of the map. Pictures below.

Seen over dark terrain in Mordor.

Over the edge of the map.

I know for a fact that I never had this issue with my old PC (and old monitor) but I don't know if this problem is due to my new PC (or monitor) or if I've induced it somehow in the last couple months when I started to notice it (got the new PC almost a year ago). Has anyone seen this before?
    I have similar lines, but only outside the map and only when using the toggle_fow command.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

The lines are definitely more visible when fog is toggled off, but they can still be seen with it on. Are you seeing them on all mods or just one in particular? For me, it's happening for all mods, full screen and windowed mode alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    The lines are definitely more visible when fog is toggled off, but they can still be seen with it on. Are you seeing them on all mods or just one in particular? For me, it's happening for all mods, full screen and windowed mode alike.
    Yes, I have this in all modifications. It looks something like this:

This happens in both windowed and full-screen modes.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Hm. Maybe this is just something that happens for everyone? I could have sworn I never saw these lines on my old PC.
    Last edited by Callistonian; July 27, 2020 at 12:29 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I remember i used to have this glitch in the past. I dont exactly remember but it had to do with some graphic settings i think.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's fairly common outside the map, very likely related to graphic settings\driver\hardware. Never noticed it on the map itself, but then large areas of very dark ground type is barely used.