Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolutum Dominium

Icon6 Absolutum Dominium

ABSOLUTUM DOMINIUM

In the mid 18th century the mighty armies of the great European empires are led into the first global war, the Seven Years War. While Prussia struggles for existence against a superior alliance in Europe the fight for the colonies between Great Britain and France arises to gather dominance over the North American continent. From the heart of the battlefield to the campaign map, you will guide your nation to glory and wage war, negotiate or invade. You hold the power to tip the very balance of the 18th century.

Command mighty European powers looking to conquer new lands in the New World; or jump eastward to Asia and determine the outcome of its struggles for power.

It is 1700 AD, endless war leaves three continents divided. Forty great nations strive for supremacy as conspiracies and conflicts smother the world. Only one will rise above all to forge an Absolutum Dominium... All others will die by his sword!

Build your empire on a stunning campaign map of beauty & treachery

Conquer 18th century Europe, North Africa, America and India with over 120 brand new units in breathtaking real-time battles.

Command the seas and colonize new frontier with beautiful historically accurate warships

Master the world as one of forty playable factions in the Grand Campaign, from the mighty Mughals to the humble Knights of Malta

Scheme cunning battle tactics with unique generals, spies and assassins to adapt to the ever changing wars of the 18th century

Relive the greatest wars and achievements of legendary heroes like Tsar Peter the Great, Duc de Villars, Prince Eugene of Savoy and 50 unique historical characters.

Rewrite 200 years of history and create the greatest empire man has ever known. Use diplomacy, espionage and military power to outwit your foes and dominate the world. This is

Absolutum Dominium

Last edited by Sacrebleu!; December 04, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Absolutum Dominium

I was impressed by this mod at first glance, but then I saw the re-textured units for the cut factions of Holstein-Gottorp and Mecklenburg. After that I was very impressed by this mod. Beautiful skins. I'd love to know the sources for some of those less mainstream factions like Genoa and the Papal States.
    Lead (and only) Developer of the Succession Mod for Total War EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lord_Snow View Post
    I was impressed by this mod at first glance, but then I saw the re-textured units for the cut factions of Holstein-Gottorp and Mecklenburg. After that I was very impressed by this mod. Beautiful skins. I'd love to know the sources for some of those less mainstream factions like Genoa and the Papal States.
    Have fun & enjoy. I initially made this mod for personal use because I really hate the ugly vanilla models.

Most source are from:
    http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Armies
    Vinkhuijzen collection
    Osprey publishing

Here are some recent sneak peeks:

Hessian Guards

Savoy-Piedmontese Heavy Cavalry

Hessian Hussars

Danish Hussars

Prussian Fink Grenadiers

Polish Grenadiers

Dutch Hussars

Great skins, Sacrebleu! They capture the detail and distinct colors of that age very well.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Thanks, here are some more. Enjoy

US General

Prussian General

British General

Swedish Grenadiers

great work thx !!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this fully compatible with overhaul mods? I'm playing Goutlard's Wind from the East mod and I was wondering if this would be compatible with that mod. Thank you!

Anyone able to get followers on their generals , ministers etc while playing this mod ?

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

The only thing that this mod lacks is the Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations mod as that makes battles much have more realistic fire fights for sure.

@Sacreblue This mod is great because it keeps most things vanilla, while enhancing the graphics, skins, and adding a handful of units etc. Too many units detract from the enjoyment of the game.
    Also your art style really fits in well with the original game, bright, colorful. So many of the mods try to make things dark and moody. Really enjoying this so far. Portraits are also really impressive with how well they blend into the game compared with other mods that try to do old artwork.

I am experiencing two bugs (and yes I did a clean install, removed and deleted Empire and reinstalled before trying your mod)
    1. The music, no matter which faction I choose plays the Native America music. Both on the Campaign and in Battles.
    2. When playing as a minor faction the names of buildings does not show up in the Campaign UI either when you hover, to select a building to upgrade or when you right-click for the expanded description UI.

Any advice to fix either of these?

Quote Originally Posted by nox_plague View Post
    @Sacreblue This mod is great because it keeps most things vanilla, while enhancing the graphics, skins, and adding a handful of units etc. Too many units detract from the enjoyment of the game.
    Also your art style really fits in well with the original game, bright, colorful. So many of the mods try to make things dark and moody. Really enjoying this so far. Portraits are also really impressive with how well they blend into the game compared with other mods that try to do old artwork.

I am experiencing two bugs (and yes I did a clean install, removed and deleted Empire and reinstalled before trying your mod)
    1. The music, no matter which faction I choose plays the Native America music. Both on the Campaign and in Battles.
    2. When playing as a minor faction the names of buildings does not show up in the Campaign UI either when you hover, to select a building to upgrade or when you right-click for the expanded description UI.

Any advice to fix either of these?

@Sacreblue! Thank you for replying on Moddb.com For anyone reading this the music fix is here:Moddb
    It's the missing patch2.pack causing the issue from the complete mod.

Florian de Saltes's Avatar Foederatus

Great work! Congratulations Sacrebleu!

Greetings!
    tried this mod and wow

this is majestic.

I'm not so good with modding myself, is there a way to incorporate this mod with
    Empire Realism?

I mainly just want the tight formations and mechanics from that mod.
    I tried but it overrides the aesthetics of this mod.
    They both mess with the strapos.

How do i more or less overlap them so i'm just taking the battle mechanics of that mod.
    thank you for any wisdom.

wish you all the best
    cheers

Formation and combat modifications are not within the scope of this mod and so unit size, combat stats, morale and formation all remain vanilla. But I think to mod tight formations and combat mechanic modification it probably involve editing each units entry under unit_stats_land_table, specifically the following columns:

- Deployment_rank
    - File_spacing
    - Rank_spacing

You can find out more here: https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...dex#Formations

thank you for the reply Sacrebleu,

I will study the link information, and start applying the changes that conflict with the other mod.

with respects

All the best, feel free to upload your resulting mod to share. I'm sure there are many Empire Realism players out there who'd enjoy this additional mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast