Thread: Strat model

Default Strat model

Hi,
    Can someone be so kindly i tell me how to transfer strat models ( generals and captains ) from one mode to another?
    Regards

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Strat model

Hello, well....the easy way is to substitute in descr_model_strat.....exemple:

you have a new ambassador model found and the new model is called new_ambassador.cas....so you change the cas in...

model_flexi_m models_strat/northern_ambassador.CAS, max change to
    model_flexi_m models_strat/new_ambassador.CAS

and the correspondent texture like this exemple:

texture france, models_strat/textures/ambasador_france.tga to
    texture france, models_strat/textures/ambasador_new_france.tga.

Then delete the map.rwm in...wourld/maps/base and start the game....
    If you create a new model with a new name you have to change too in descr_character....exemple:

descr_model_strat

type new_northern_ambassador
    skeleton strat_diplomat
    scale 0.7
    indiv_range 40
    texture france, models_strat/textures/northern_ambassador_francexxx.tga
    model_flexi_m models_strat/new_ambassador.cas, max
    shadow_model_flexi models_strat/shadow_scroll.CAS, max

descr_character

faction france
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_ambassador

to

faction france
    dictionary 2
    strat_model new_northern_ambassador

Well i think is all, i have not my computer in front of me but i think is all you have to do, i made a new game just changing all the strat models in all the campaigns.
    I hope it helps, i´m a litle rusty in moding i may be back in moding again because of the covid and will help more, sorry if i missed something...just try it if you need help just call i always came here when i have some time......
    Here some of mine to exemple.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exemple.jpg  
    Last edited by HELLEKIN; July 22, 2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add something...
    Homo Homini Lupus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice instructions, the deleting of map.rwm however is not required. It's only necessary when you change files in the maps\base folder.

Nice seeing you back.

I would never think it is so easy. It worked, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Nice instructions, the deleting of map.rwm however is not required. It's only necessary when you change files in the maps\base folder.

Nice seeing you back.
    and sm_factions... she says from sad past experience

though I'd not entirely trust anything in EDB to do with resources, or sm_resources stuff either

swapping models/text descriptions/textures though is obviously fine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    and sm_factions... she says from sad past experience
    I was under the impression that it is not save game compatible (region coloring can go all haywire) but otherwise fine. After all it only has influence on the map via the RGB values applied to regions.

Any specific part of the entries that give a problem without deleting map.rwm? It's not those RGB values because I just tested that (gave England squeaky green colors without map deletion) and had no issues.

EDB trading resource conditions get read from descr_strat, descr_strat changes do not require a map deletion. Hidden resources get read from descr_regions and a change in that file require a map deletion. Changes in the EDB itself do not require a deletion.

descr_sm_resources changes concern trade values as well as model references. Changes here do not require a deletion.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 23, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

Thanks Gigantus, it´s an honnor , i always delete map.rwm when i change strat models in any way, because through the years i had some "twilight zone" issues that i solved with the deletion of this file after days of waste searching....so just in case i always delete it, this one is a case...i decided to have a crew in my merchant ships, and always had an error...after 02 days of lost searching just came in to my mind to delete the map and...solved....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error transport.jpg  
    Homo Homini Lupus

Blog Entries

Given that the merchant ship is a simple CAS model (data\terrain\aerial_map\ships) like other strat resources and has no entry in EDU how did you approach adding a crew? Editing the model? Changing the model doesn't require deleting map.rwm - I simply copied the above folder from my RotK mod into Bare Geomod and had no issue:

So I am assuming you did something else as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I was under the impression that it is not save game compatible (region coloring can go all haywire) but otherwise fine. After all it only has influence on the map via the RGB values applied to regions.

Any specific part of the entries that give a problem without deleting map.rwm? It's not those RGB values because I just tested that (gave England squeaky green colors without map deletion) and had no issues.

EDB trading resource conditions get read from descr_strat, descr_strat changes do not require a map deletion. Hidden resources get read from descr_regions and a change in that file require a map deletion. Changes in the EDB itself do not require a deletion.

descr_sm_resources changes concern trade values as well as model references. Changes here do not require a deletion.
    RE sm_factions - my issue was I'd changed the order of the factions - acquired an unexplained crash after 4/5 turns of new campaign - which eventually (after the usual mod re-build + swearing at M2 stuff) turned out to be fixed by deleting the map.rwm - I've been a bit more superstitious about it ever since

sorry to drag this off-topic!

Blog Entries

Changing the sequence will change the sequence of processing during turn end. Nothing else, surely weird. I could imagine an issue caused by a script that requires a certain sequence, that's all.