Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uighurs in China are Blindfolded and Led to Boxcars in Drone Footage.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Uighurs in China are Blindfolded and Led to Boxcars in Drone Footage.

Drone footage from the Xinjiang region of China shows Uighurs being blindfolded and led to trains. Of course, the Chinese ambassador is on the defensive, denying everything.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-as...ent-of-uighurs

Here is a clip of that drone footage. Youtube footage...no masks on the prisoners and blindfolded and shackled before being led away. Makes you wonder if they are returning or being disposed of somewhere.

China seems to represent elements of WW2 Japans militant expansionism and Germany's ruthless efficiency. "Education" camps are about as close you can get to the gas chambers without the smoke. And to many they have been engaged in asymmetrical warfare for some period of time and we just haven't recognized it (i.e. biological weapons, electronic surveillance, etc.). China, then, seems hell-bent on leading the world into WW3.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; July 19, 2020 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Add Information - frame the debate

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Default Re: Uighurs in China are blindfolded and led to boxcars in drone footage.

Auschwitz similarities are uncanny.

This story deserves more attention then it is currently getting.

Default Re: Uighurs in China are blindfolded and led to boxcars in drone footage.

Its perhaps one of the largest ethnic sufferings of our time. Meanwhile, even the Muslim world is silent over it. Their principals are likely bought out by Chinese money...
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Youtube footage...no masks on the prisoners and blindfolded and shackled before being led away. Makes you wonder if they are returning or being disposed of somewhere.

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; July 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Youtube footage...no masks on the prisoners and blindfolded and shackled before being led away. Makes you wonder if they are returning or being disposed of somewhere.

They're being shipped to re-education camps where they possibly used as a forced labor force.

The Fate Of Uighur Muslims In China: From Re-education Camps To Forced Labor
    According to a recent report published by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI), between 2017 and 2019, the Chinese Government facilitated the transfer of Uighur Muslims and other ethnic minorities from Xinjiang to factories in various parts of China.

The allegations come several months after the situation in Xinjiang hit the headlines with reports of the mass incarceration of Uighur Muslims in so-called “re-education camps.” According to them, there are an estimated one million (if not more) Uighur Muslims detained in so-called “re-education camps” which are designed to strip them of their religious and ethnic identity and replace it with absolute loyalty to the state.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; July 19, 2020 at 01:56 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

The end state of radical leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    If China was radical right leaning state Uyghurs would have a different fate?
    The Armenian Issue

Campidoctor

Nothing new to know something's up in Uighuristan. Pardon, Xinjiang. The means do not matter much. The response of the world, however, does. But it is busy with Corona (made in China ™), and to upkeep relations because of these cheap products.

Blog Entries

I updated the OP on request of moderation to present a better framework for debate. My overall theme then is China is dragging the world into WW3.

​​

The House of Baltar

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    If China was radical right leaning state Uyghurs would have a different fate?
    Extreme left or extreme right....doesn´t matter, result si always extreme..

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    I updated the OP on request of moderation to present a better framework for debate. My overall theme then is China is dragging the world into WW3.
    Well China is dragging stuff into many interconnected things.

Nationalism, extreme fear of anything different...religion (Muslims - Uyghurs, Christians), foreign culture, foreigners, total control over even internet and attempt to control 100% of everything. Let´s wait how this social credit system will turn into mass persecution tool...1984 is nothing in comparison what this will be. It is sign of strength or paranoid weakness, that the regime is fearing anything ?

Then extreme attempt to look good, strong, to be leader and to whom all must bow... Nothing bad can be said or publish about China. Like they cannot show weakness? Lost any competion over anything even South Sea, Indian borders or no matter what? Because weakness might lead into starting chain reaction and whole house of card would fall down?

I think China is heading into North Korea style total isolation, self caused as nobody will have enough credit to leave the state except loyal thralls And then conflicts are the questions...South China Sea, controlling many rivers flowing down from Himalaean..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Praeses

Default Re: Uighurs in China are Blindfolded and Led to Boxcars in Drone Footage.

Its bloody horrible.

I think the Chinese leadership cracks down on ethnic and faith groups with non-CCP leadership, eg Tibetans, Muslim Uighurs in the North West and the Falun Gong (who were mostly Han IIRC), to crush perceived threats to one party control. I thunk many Christians get harassed although Christianity has a strong "render unto Caesar" caveat that might mollify the party bosses, as well as potentially powerful supporters.

In my country we share wealth and opportunity (to an extent) to basically buy citizen's loyalty: they own the state and the state serves them by and large. Given there's a strong money-making ethic in China too this may be a group that's victimised to provide slave labour? I mean several countries enslave their prisoners, this may be a corrupt party ploy to lower labour costs as much as suppression of potential dissent.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Uighurs in China are Blindfolded and Led to Boxcars in Drone Footage.

Its a scary picture to see, but nothing can be done about it. Nothing but condemnation is possible. Dont you remember Tiananmen Square massacre all those years ago?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

It will hit ground sooner or later...Majority of states around globe has other problems to solve but China is on best course for dictatorship, current "president" is for life and social system will slowly transform people into feudal class system. Or anybody thinking social score of president won´t be anything like fixed maximum? What about those directly udner him? Can you achieve such score if you are beginning as commoner? Unachieveable for those under him and not thinking about commoners or people falling into underground..undesired ones.

"the empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide"

China will tighten control to the point that the system will fall apart sooner or later or they will be forced into conflict to not show weakness, then the long list of enemies and debtor will take their share...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Great example of ignorance.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Mainland China is in a terrible state as far as 'good Samaritanism' & 'human rights' etc. are concerned. The CCP seemed to have ripped the very fabric from mainland Han Chinese culture, totally different situation to Taiwanese China (the original Han Chinese that exiled to Taiwan after WWII -after exhausting themselves with fighting the Japanese & then getting crushed by Mao Zedong's' CCP).

The one child policy created terrible social problems in mainland China, their economy is tanking (well that can also be said for the rest of the world), poverty is ripe...I suspect it's more likely the country will self-implode rather than cause WWIII.
    CCP has really showed its true face in last 6 months. I suspect now that the rest of the world knows, the next few years will be interesting for the CCP in terms of maintaining control in mainland china...
    Last edited by Stario; July 20, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Great example of ignorance.
    Conformism and authoritarianism are the inevitable products of systems predicated on revolutionary Marxian (ie. radical leftist) thinking. The evidence - which includes this latest attempted ethnocide by the CCP - is overwhelming. I wonder how many more millions will have to suffer because people who ought to know better refuse to learn this lesson.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Dont you remember Tiananmen Square massacre all those years ago?
    Ye I remember back in my University days, not one of my University colleagues (from mainland china), ever heard of 'Tank man' & 'Tiananmen Square massacre'. These were meant to be some of Chinese brightest & most educated minds....
    but I suspect with the advent of the 'Internet' things are a little different today...
    Last edited by Stario; July 20, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

Civitate

Conformism and authoritarianism are the inevitable products of systems predicated on revolutionary Marxian (ie. radical leftist) thinking. The evidence - which includes this latest attempted ethnocide by the CCP - is overwhelming. I wonder how many more millions will have to suffer because people who ought to know better refuse to learn this lesson.
    Wow i didn't think you could double down on it but you managed. Are you aware of the history at all of the Uyghurs in China? They've had problems with Chinese rule going to the Qing Empire who massacred and oppressed them. They had uprisings against the Nationalist Chinese government and when Mao took over it continued. It isn't like the government only suddenly started hating them once communism took hold.

The communist ideology of the Chinese government is largely irrelevant when it comes to this issue. They've oppressed them before under non-communist rule. The difference is now China is a much more developed country that can commit ethnic cleansing much easier (also done previously under non-communist rule) while trying to hide it from the world and largely being free of any real consequences for it. It being entrenched in the world's economy helps that. Only possible with reforms to the communist system to where its not really communism anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Wow i didn't think you could double down on it but you managed. Are you aware of the history at all of the Uyghurs in China? They've had problems with Chinese rule going to the Qing Empire who massacred and oppressed them. They had uprisings against the Nationalist Chinese government and when Mao took over it continued. It isn't like the government only suddenly started hating them once communism took hold.

The communist ideology of the Chinese government is largely irrelevant when it comes to this issue. They've oppressed them before under non-communist rule. The difference is now China is a much more developed country that can commit ethnic cleansing much easier (also done previously under non-communist rule) while trying to hide it from the world and largely being free of any real consequences for it. It being entrenched in the world's economy helps that. Only possible with reforms to the communist system to where its not really communism anymore.
    I neither claimed nor implied that ethnic cleansing was perpetrated solely by the radical left. Your belief that the CCP's authoritarian ideology, rooted as it is in Marxist thinking, is unrelated to this ethnocide is delusional. The erasure and/or suppression of national or religious identities is a common theme among communistic regimes for dogmatic reasons; the Politburo isn't trying to destroy the Uighur Muslims out of a desire to find continuity with the Qing dynasty. You might as well be arguing that because institutionalized anti-Semitism existed in central and eastern Europe prior to the 1930's, the fascist "ideology of the natsoc government was largely irrelevant" to the Holocaust.

Civitate

I neither claimed nor implied that ethnic cleansing was perpetrated solely by the radical left. Your belief that the CCP's authoritarian ideology, rooted as it is in Marxist thinking, is unrelated to this ethnocide is delusional.
    It isn't delusional. History shows this has happened before regardless of the government's ideology. This isn't as simple as an evil communist government doing bad things.

The erasure and/or suppression of national or religious identities is a common theme among communistic regimes for dogmatic reasons;
    Yet as i showed the oppression of the Uhygurs began long ago. Its about control more than simple ideology. Case in point being the Hui Muslims of China who aren't oppressed like the Uhygurs. They're Muslims too but China doesn't really bother them because unlike the Uhygurs they're not separatists. So explain. If its simply a Communist regime erasing religious and national identities (as you described their ideology to inevitably ends up at) then why aren't they doing the same to the Hui?

the Politburo isn't trying to destroy the Uighur Muslims out of a desire to find continuity with the Qing dynasty.
    No they did it for the very same reason the Qing did. To quash separatists and have absolute control of a region which has historically been problems for Chinese governments and dynasties to control in the first place. The difference is the methods they are using now. And the fact the current Chinese government seems to be more successful than previous government's before it in doing so.

You might as well be arguing that because institutionalized anti-Semitism existed in central and eastern Europe prior to the 1930's, the fascist "ideology of the natsoc government was largely irrelevant" to the Holocaust.
    Godwin's law won't save you. Arguing this oppression is a result of the communism is just ignorance and you blatantly ignoring the history of the Uyghurs and their history in China. I'll ask the same question POVG did.

Would the fate of the Uyghurs be different if it wasn't a communist government ruling over them?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast