Thread: public order campaign

Icon5 public order campaign

Hello,

I'm playing a campaign as France in VH campaign.

i'm alone against 5 other factions (austria,holland,prussia,wutemberg,savoy)

I think that in this mod the resistance against foreign occupation is increased,i justed conquered one town (it's wurtemberg) and i can't move,there are -25 public order with resistance to occupation at 18,even if i remove universities,repair gorvernment building, i have a lot of rebellion in this region,my army can't move so this campaign is really boring...i'd like to find a way to decrease this in DB tables but i searched everywhere i can't find the table

Do anyone know where i can change that? it would be cool!

Thanks!

Default Re: public order campaign

A thing I have noticed is to use "genocide" when you conquer a territory. It's a quite a violent word but it proved to be efficient.
    It could be "understandable" when you invade a territory with a very violent or unstable and unwelcoming population but... That is something that could be examined in this mode to make it more... I don't now... more appropriate?

Well, @MacDonald, I think simply butchering the people was frowned upon in this era. You could blockade and starve them out to force a surrender, but not directly target civilians.

Is this genocide option you talk about a suggestion, or something in the V&D submod?

I admit, an exterminate option might be welcome in some instances, particularly when Religion is different. In Medieval 2 Total War, though, extermination was very rarely a good idea since it ruined the city.

Edit: Public Order is more difficult in this mod, yes. Some reasons, most buildings unhappiness is doubled, Clamour for Reform is now everywhere, and ALL nations are considered major (except American Indians) .
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; November 08, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Well, @MacDonald, I think simply butchering the people was frowned upon in this era. You could blockade and starve them out to force a surrender, but not directly target civilians.

Is this genocide option you talk about a suggestion, or something in the V&D submod?

I admit, an exterminate option might be welcome in some instances, particularly when Religion is different. In Medieval 2 Total War, though, extermination was very rarely a good idea since it ruined the city.

Edit: Public Order is more difficult in this mod, yes. Some reasons, most buildings unhappiness is doubled, Clamour for Reform is now everywhere, and ALL nations are considered major (except American Indians) .
    I agree that History has known a lot of massacres that are considered (by some of by all) like genocides today.
    It's just the word "Genocide" that pops up when you have to choose how you will handle the just conquered territory: Occupation - Looting - Genocide

It's a word that even didn't exist in the 18th century. It was invented or created by a certain Raphael Lemkin in his book "Axis Rule in Occupied Europe" in 1944.
    History certainly witnessed genocides before the second Wolrd War in the 20th century (Armenian and Assyrian by the Ottomans, The Hereo of Narma by ther Prussian Empire) but even before like Carthago by the Romans, the Aztecs by Hernan Cortes, the Hurons indians by the Iroquois in the Bever Wars (17th century).
    Here I would use more a term like "repression or assimilitation by force"

Quote Originally Posted by MacDonald View Post
    It's just the word "Genocide" that pops up when you have to choose how you will handle the just conquered territory: Occupation - Looting - Genocide
    What? I have not seen that in the game. Can you post a screenshot?

Medieval 2 Total War had Occupation, Sacking, and Extermination. But in Empire all you can do is occupy.

Interesting fact about the word genocide.