Thread: Couple inquiries for running the mod

Icon4 Couple inquiries for running the mod

So firstly thank you for the brilliant mod that allows a Viking conversion and invasion of England.

My first question is how do I upgrade my current version (3.06{I think}) to the newest version? I download it from the site and I cant figure out how to download it.

Secondly, my current version I open the Pagan version but for some reason whenever I win a battle or kill a enemy general they say praise our god(not gods as they have multiple deities) Im trying to play the Pagan version and take over the christians!

Thirdly, for trading with other factions I get the franks and wessex to agree to trade and it shows 0 turns and I have to attempt to trade again. Is it for lack of trading posts?

Fourth, The cost of everything is extremely high. Like exponentially. Maybe it would be fixed with the current version? Please help all knowing folks of TW!

Default Re: Couple inquiries for running the mod

To clarify with my first question; I download the file and I cant figure out how to make it work as it saves as a torrent file. Do I already have a program like utorrent downloaded and running and then click download? Cause it downloads through my browser. The version of mod I got is from Moddb and is a earlier version than the current. Please help!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The small download first needs to be unpacked: 7Zip is freeware
    It contains a so called torrent file which enables you to download the mod's installation file. To do so you will need a torrent client like utorrent, simply run\double click the torrent file.

The download in your browser will be the small file mentioned at the beginning.

Before installing this version make sure you have either removed or renamed the old folder name.

----

Voices - Unfortunately the sound files do not change when switching.
    Trading - this will always happen automatically unless you are at war with a faction. Making trade agreements will increase the value of trade. There is no direct trading, eg no screen like the diplomacy screen. The 'zero turns' display indicates for how many rounds the agreement is already in place.

Soo The current one I have is 3.06 is there an upgraded version? I have in installed and working so Im able to play. Just wasn't sure about if theres an upgraded version.

And thank you for the tip on the trade agreement! Bunch of trial and error for myself lol.

Now if there is a 4.0 version should I remove my current version re-download and continue on the way?

When I tried to use the utorrent it kept looking for seeders and wasn't uploading. :/

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Sorry about the seeding - the mod is pretty old. I have activated my torrent seed but my connection is pretty crap.

If you succeed in downloading then you need to rename or remove your original installation - here is the reason why:
    This download contains the basic installation, patch 3.06 plus the quick fix. Underneath the version history:
    Version 3.06b (10th July 2015)
    - merged all previous installation and patches
    - corrected numerous formatting errors in txt files
    - made mod steam compatible
    Version 3.06a (24th November 2012)
    - corrected error in historic_events