Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.2.6 Released!

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.2.6 Released!

IF I'm playing a campaign on 1.2.5 with Romans and update to 1.2.6 will I have any issues?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

You should be fine.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'll be doing a Head 2 Head with my comrade. salute to all the modders I'm sending medals in the mail!

​~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hey all, first wanna say thanks for the amazing mod in general, had maybe 100 hours in Rome 2 before discovering DEI and now approaching 2000 lol, really appreciate all the work that’s gone into it and the sub mods.

Just wanted to ask if Cretan Archers were supposed to lose their fire arrow ability in the 1.2.6 update? I had started my Rome campaign on 1.2.5 and had a ton of Cretans with fire arrows recruited and moved up north to take care of those wooden arrow towers but now they don’t have the ability at all.

Also, are you supposed to lose the ability to recruit Apulii Extraordinarii after Marian reforms?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Fire arrows will be added back in next patch tho they did not lose it in 1.2.6 but long before, just forgot to add them fire arrows when I overhauled Cretans.

Apulii Extraordinarii would now be part of regular legions after reforms.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Fire arrows will be added back in next patch tho they did not lose it in 1.2.6 but long before, just forgot to add them fire arrows when I overhauled Cretans.

Apulii Extraordinarii would now be part of regular legions after reforms.
    That's great, I found myself forced to switch from Cretans to regular cheap archers when playing any civilized faction west of Syria (bar Carthage), because of the lack of fire arrows.

Also, while we are on the issue of next patch, the Armenian Thureophoroi are drawn from 2nd tier pop, while to the best of my knowledge all other factions draw them from the 3rd tier. Unless there is a specific reason, it's probably an oversight.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Was the logistics indicator in the summary page removed? Im playing an Alexander campaign and dont see it, was wondering if my campaign is bugged.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yes if you don't have supply army/faction effects then the game is bugged, you just have to check if icons are there, bottom of army panel (screen bottom left) and inside faction screen where you have the faction leader effect too
    are you using any camera mod?

As Jake said every army should have an effect bundle associated with the supply system, so if thats not there then its bugged. Is the population system active?

Hi, I have a question, I just started a Parthian campaign, I noticed that a unit, more specifically the Shivatir-I Zrehbaran (Parthian Cataphract Horse Archer) shows up as recruitable since the very start, on the basic stable, but I cant recruit it, it does not even show up. Is it a reform unit? because normally they are greyed out and it says different reform level required but in this case it does not show. Its a very high tier unit so I found it strange that the basic stable allowed its recuitment. Also the third stable lvl does not unlock anything yet the 4th one does, is this intended?

Its probably a reform unit if its not showing up.

Edit - I looked up the unit, it is a reform unit. Most reform units don't show up in recruitment. The ones that do show up (grayed out) are usually factions that have special reform systems rather than using the main reform system.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 10, 2020 at 01:35 PM.

Good day.

Is there a location where i can recruit chariots from ? Playing as Rome. I checked the map with the area of recruitment, have not found chariots. Meybe missed them. Also sorry for if its not the right thread to ask this.

Not all factions have access to chariots.

Ok, thanks Dresden.

By the way, i am around 260 turns into the campaign and so far have not noticed anything unusual, the mod is top-notch.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusDecimus View Post
    Good day.

Is there a location where i can recruit chariots from ? Playing as Rome. I checked the map with the area of recruitment, have not found chariots. Meybe missed them. Also sorry for if its not the right thread to ask this.
    AFAIR there are mercenary chariots on the Britsh Isles. But I don't know if they were transfered to the 1.2.6 version of DEI. But you should definately go there and have a look anyway. Not invading Albion as Rome is most barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoten View Post
    AFAIR there are mercenary chariots on the Britsh Isles. But I don't know if they were transfered to the 1.2.6 version of DEI. But you should definately go there and have a look anyway. Not invading Albion as Rome is most barbaric.
    Thank you. I will try to sail an army there and check.

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Just want to highlight my guide to naval combat explaining the changes in this update and for those who want to learn how to minimize bugs
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Combat-Guide

Awesome thanks for posting the guide. I can link to it also in our guides post if you want.

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Sure, that would make it convenient to find!

Civis

Now that melee cavalry and shock cavalry have been combined how do we tell which is which at a glance? This makes for great confusion if you aren't very familiar with all units for everyone. What are the stat dividing lines? How can you make a quick evaluation of a situation without having a hugh mental spreadsheet of every cavalry unit stats in your head?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast