Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KCC Unit Cards by Nemesis

Default Re: KCC Unit Cards by Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Ok. I will add this update to my current functional version
    (for now, version 0.9.7 is not yet ready to integrate my units).
    Looking forward to seeing your units in the new version of sship, hopefully.
    As you know, an important and immersive part of the game for the player is the visual part of the units and their "variety and diversity" according to the factions and their culture.
    For example, with the new unit roster and new units for the Byzantines, there is even more desire to play with them and rebuild the ancient Roman Empire!
    Keep it up guys and this mod will be immortal.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Nemesis : Thank you for the improvements in your corrected version. Mercenary crossbowmen are better this way.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

@Nemesis : Thank you for the improvements in your corrected version. Mercenary crossbowmen are better this way.
    Thank you .

From yuck

To nice (or at least i hope so)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I think the first foot knight will look well in-game, but the second one is bad lit and it will become a dark blur in-game. Actually, same for the horse versions.

they all look great
    getting older

I really like the new TGC unit cards:

I also think that the DLV were very good:

Indeed , Jurand. The ones from DLV are indeed made by pros , i think they used the fancy way to make it using milkshape3d and other tools . I tried doing this , and unfortunately i cant make it work , i cant find the right textures , something doesnt work sadly. It is also preety time consuming . Yes, they look beatufiul.

What i am doing now is try to copy their stances at least , as best as i can , and unfortuantely i dont think i will get close to DLV's level .

Those are the latest tests i made , i think they look much better than my average work so far. They also look well ingame and are not blurred or anything , unfortunately i dont think i can get closer than those for now , at least not until i figure out why the fancy method doesnt work for me . I even asked on TWC discord but i couldnt get a straight answer....

I also think the heads of the DLV soldiers are more bigger (unnaturaly) than in the other pics. The helmets are more distinct. All in all, there're tricks that make them look better in the game.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 05, 2020 at 02:04 AM.

Frankly, I adopt your latest models without hesitation. I don't know what method you use, but when the soldier is clearly visible and his weapons too, your job is very satisfying.
    I tried the Milkshape3D method on my side but I did not understand how to animate the character. And it is true that this is a very time consuming method.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    they all look great
    Frankly, I adopt your latest models without hesitation. I don't know what method you use, but when the soldier is clearly visible and his weapons too, your job is very satisfying.
    I tried the Milkshape3D method on my side but I did not understand how to animate the character. And it is true that this is a very time consuming method.
    Thank you for your kind words ! Indeed , maybe i will get into the fancy making when i got the time , however pandemic will be over soon and college will start so i will have my hands full for a while . I will keep doing what i can until now. I will start reworking some of the already existing cards , however it will have to wait for the 0.9.7 version of your Kostic , since some units got replaced with the sship ones because of the file swap or smth like that.

Your link to the submod no longer works ...

Your link to the submod no longer works ...
    Yes , i will repost a new link with my new stuff when its finished , i will begin reworking almost everything i did so far since i belive i can improve them by a big margin now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Yes , i will repost a new link with my new stuff when its finished , i will begin reworking almost everything i did so far since i belive i can improve them by a big margin now.
    I'm glad to see you again! and see that you continue with your minimod! It would be a great addition to sship when it is upgraded and done.
    The only thing I think that you should talk to Kostic and sship team in case they plan to restructure the units rosters of the game, eliminate units, create new ones, modify other units ... I say this so that you do not do double work or useless work, that you make a unit card for example,for the peasants when they are going to be totally eliminated from the game or that you create current Byzantine unit card models when Nikossaiz units are going to be added in the future ... I hope you understand me friend.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I'm glad to see you again! and see that you continue with your minimod! It would be a great addition to sship when it is upgraded and done.
    The only thing I think that you should talk to Kostic and sship team in case they plan to restructure the units rosters of the game, eliminate units, create new ones, modify other units ... I say this so that you do not do double work or useless work, that you make a unit card for example,for the peasants when they are going to be totally eliminated from the game or that you create current Byzantine unit card models when Nikossaiz units are going to be added in the future ... I hope you understand me friend.
    I get you , bro . Don't worry, i dont mind re making previous cards if they decide to remove or change roosters etc (big work anyway , not in the near future i suppose). I am also fully focusing on KCC units and existing sship ,,vanilla'' cards that look bad . Nikossaiz units are made by him and i wont touch them , they look good in my opinon.

Looks great. Link says, "File Not Found."
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Hi Nemesis, long time no see, are you still interested in revamping the cards?

While SSHIP seems better than ever, the unit cards look really bad. I mean, they make pretty nasty impression when you come back to it.
    I've tried some baby steps on how to do them but it really is hard.

What's your method Nemesis?

I've tried this green screen mod but cannot get it to work under SSHIP:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-fast-method

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Hi Nemesis, long time no see, are you still interested in revamping the cards?

While SSHIP seems better than ever, the unit cards look really bad. I mean, they make pretty nasty impression when you come back to it.
    I've tried some baby steps on how to do them but it really is hard.

What's your method Nemesis?

I've tried this green screen mod but cannot get it to work under SSHIP:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-fast-method
    Yooo JLMP how are you , indeed its been a while since i saw you around. Yeah i am positive i will release a first version of this soon , i am trying different methods in my (kinda inexistent) spare time in order to find what it looks best.

The green method could have worked but we dont have a ,,test'' map to use it and i didnt bother trying to understand how to make one.
    I am using the classic method of placing units o a hill , mostly in the desert ( foliage off in textures anyway) , with good lighting ( mid-day and no rain or storms) and then i try to crop the unit card using Snipping Tool. It takes a few tries to get the right size and shape of the card and lastly i apply a bit of sharpening (editing happens in GIMP).

Right now i am actually trying to crop weapons separately and add them to the unit picture similar to photoshoping , i am having interesting results. I understood there is no rush since Kostic is also working on his mod and the 0.9.8 still needs time in the oven.

I'm doing great, well, I even managed to make the greenscreen usable (by renaming a bunch of textures)

Kostic's models are already in the beta, so we could do it, but there is never rush involved (I'm a best example of this hah)
    Anyway, to get greenscreen:
    1. download this, put into SSHIP's folder
    2. use Cuman Steppe custom battle map
    3. ??
    3. profit

To revert, just delete the added .textures

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I'm doing great, well, I even managed to make the greenscreen usable (by renaming a bunch of textures)

Kostic's models are already in the beta, so we could do it, but there is never rush involved (I'm a best example of this hah)
    Anyway, to get greenscreen:
    1. download this, put into SSHIP's folder
    2. use Cuman Steppe custom battle map
    3. ??
    3. profit

To revert, just delete the added .textures
    This might actually help me in editing the unit cards easier , thank you JLMP , you are a hero !

Ah thx, you are too kind - I can also help you making the cards (if you missed some, that is) or should I say can try to help as making cards is really hard job (btw hats off to you!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast