Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Hotseat Awards: Discussion Thread

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default 2019/20 Hotseat Awards: Discussion Thread

Hotseat awards!
    Welcome to the 2019/20 TWC Hotseat Awards!

Please use this thread for discussion about the Awards, about people that got nominated and for questions or general comments. Before nominating please read through the rules found in the Nomination Thread.

There will be a discussion channel in our partner discord, the Hotseating Hub aswell, where you will be able to discuss awards there or about the nominated people.

Some things to remember:

You can only nominate players who have played in a hotseat in TWC community in the last 6 months.
    Remember that it is not allowed to create new accounts and vote on yourself, if we detect this then you will be banned from the entire hotseat area forever.
    All players from all communities may participate.

Have fun and may the most worthy contenders win!

Last edited by General Dragon.; July 17, 2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Fixing copy-pasta errors

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: 2019/20 Hotseat Awards: Discussion Thread

Some comments on my nominations...

Well, so:
    Most Feared Commander: I think Potatoto has been getting pretty good (or I have been getting pretty bad ). In "Like Rain on The Mountain" he (Mordor+Harad) slowly and systematically took me and cap out (Rhun+Dwarves). He likely had some kind of advantage over at he beginning of the fight (especially that cap has been subbing me for summer ), but that doesnt mean much without skills. And before he defeated us, he also took out Ramble12 (Gondor), so yeah. And in "Black Drake" he has been doing extremely well, considering he has been under attack from almost all sides... Took me thousands and thousands of khajiits in several waves to take one castle...
    Mergor is old classic, we all know him... Recently he has been giving me pretty hard times in "Westeros Awakens", despite me and allies being supposedly more powerful
    Not sure whom I pick third yet... Many competent players to pick from, will see who will need a third nomination...

Most Competent Tactician: Well, I picked vetarans for this one, I dont recall being surprised by some "younger" players in terms of slaughtering the enemies in manual battles. But yes, I would rather not join a HS with manual battles with any of these three guys as my neighbors

Most Chivalrous Commander: I dont think PeaMan would just betray anyone, neither I recall he did betray someone. I think he is the kind of ally you want to have at your back in a hotseat.
    While paladinbob usually plays kind of more with his faction than with other players, if he is on your side, he is definiteky not gonna backstab you, and you can rely on him. Of course, if his characters traits tell him to not support you, he might not (and you would see it from his RP)... but from a certain angle its not his fault And in he feels his faction ought to support you, he will do it, even if its a certain defeat. But he would definitely not just backstab you in any way.
    And for the third nomination I think I will pick Tulkas. He has been a true newblood in terms of skills, eventhough he seems to have launched a pretty solid surprise invasion at YTWM in "It is better to be a lion for the day,...." However is definitely not the type of person that would backstab anyone, and I think he values comradeship and alliances more than victories.

Most Devious Commander: Well, funnily enough, I think Im gonna nominate captainnorway, eventhough he usually used to be the chivalrous candidate . In "Gods of Old America" he mercilessly slaughtered a poor newblood neighbor varrun., eventhough they were kinda meant to go fighting the Aztecs together... And I heard he has been pretty nasty in other hotseats too...
    Second one would be Mergor. While I dont think he is the kind of person who would betray you for no reason, he is the kind of person that would do absolutely anything to win. Kill you by any means necessary if you stand in his way...
    Not sure on the third yet...

Most Promising Newblood: Well, there is relatively many promising newbloods right now. For now Im gonna go Aexodus, Isenbard and Curtis Le May. Aexodus has shown some decent skills recently, and he seems to be very interested in committing himself to the community further... Isenbard is probably better fighter than Aexodus, and also interested in stuff like roleplay and so on... Curtis Le May has been doing pretty decently as well, he actually defeated HouseStarkFTW (orcs) in "The Great War" as Skyrim, at least it seems so...
    Though I can think of several other names I could easily propose as well, might swap them later, to give more newbloods a chance. Such as francisco, RustyLoon Marco, boernin, varrun., Speeda, Tulkas, Rubenz...

Best Roleplayer: Yea, there is the usual crew of "The Isles of Chaos" (+zender). Who havent checked it out, you should, its pretty amazing what the guy are doing there. Apart from them, Im also considering several other people, who puts realism/lore in the firts place, such as Librarian. Might switch some names in the end to give them all a chance ...

Best Diplomat: Im pretty sure about proposing Librarian and Mergor. While Librarian has still a lot to learn in the art of war, he is definitely very good in diplomacy. He orchestrated a complete rebellion against Mergor in "Black Drake", making Tribunal (Mergor) vastly outnumbered and caght off guard. If it wasnt for very experienced Mergor and Dragon agaisnt them, the victory would have already been theirs easily...
    Mergor is also very completent in this regard, via what I said in most devious. If he is in bad situation, he usually manages to to turn it by his diplomacy skills anyway...

Best Hotseat Admin: Definitely nominating Dragon and Mergor. They have been making and running amazing hotseats for a very long time. They have modified mods for better hotseat use, added unique rules, admin factions, missions and rewards for players, varuous events and so on. Simply all you could think of for a perfect hotseat.
    As a third nomination, I cant decide whether I should nominate themzr for his endurance, he usually doesnt admin more than one hotseat in the same time, nor is he playing much, but he has been around doing that since the long before I joined... Or whether I should nominate HouseStarkFTW, who is new to admining, but recently he took up a lot work, to allow several hotseats running and he is trying to be very active admin and improve himself...
    Last edited by Jadli; July 19, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Or whether I should nominate HouseStarkFTW, who is new to admining, but recently he took up a lot work, to allow several hotseats running and he is trying to be very active admin and improve himself...
    I appreciate the kind words. I promise to stop talking bad about you behind your back <3 (kidding)

And Dannyalex, I appreciate the vote for me being a promising newblood… but I have been playing in hotseats longer than August 2019 . I get the confusion though, I do still kinda play like a newblood xD

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

I started in October of 2019 in ytwm discord,I join the first hs in twc at december of 2019

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    I started in October of 2019 in ytwm discord,I join the first hs in twc at december of 2019
    Ah, then it makes it even harder to pick the most promising newblood... I was under impression you are one of the discord veterans...

Gaming Emeritus

BTW, Seems people are proposing for newbloods lot of people who are not, so I though I would write there a list of those who actually are, so your nominations dont go in vain. (its by no means official, just who I can think of right now, we will of course be checking each of the nominated ones thoroughfully after the nominations phase end, so feel free to fix my list)
    - Aexodus, Isenbard, Curtis Le May, varrun., boernin, Rubenz, Francisco, DannyAlex, Eugenie, Danius_98, RustyLoon Marko, TulkasTheValiant, Jangles, TheGameMaster, Jorven Greshnar, Akar, Lynx7411, LeP'titlu, GodOfTotalWar, TheSenate, Nightwolf_17, Speeda325, NOMINAL, Black_Titan

While Im pretty sure that PeaMan, HouseStarkFTW and Epic Total War are not newbloods

A lot to pick from...
    Last edited by Jadli; July 19, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Unfortunately I discover(join) hotseat after 14 years...which is far better than single player,there you can loose

Default Re: 2019/20 Hotseat Awards: Nomination Thread

Most Devious Commander - Epic Total War / Potato

Lol I did not broke single deal so far. I wonder what for I did get that nomination xD

@paladinbob for some reason everyone believe I am old at hs but im not,not even a pro....trying...but the road is full with thorns...

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    @paladinbob for some reason everyone believe I am old at hs but im not,not even a pro....trying...but the road is full with thorns...
    my apologies..as many people come in and out of playing....and with a join date of 2008 ..i think many will be confused on that issue
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Most Devious Commander - Epic Total War / Potato

Lol I did not broke single deal so far. I wonder what for I did get that nomination xD
    not sure if i was correct but i was refering to a rome total war game on discord , where if i was correct ..i think it was you and epic total war, that was manipulating factions behind the scenes...doesnt mean to say of course, you didnt break a deal...but it was still devious [winks]

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    not sure if i was correct but i was refering to a rome total war game on discord , where if i was correct ..i think it was you and epic total war, that was manipulating factions behind the scenes...doesnt mean to say of course, you didnt break a deal...but it was still devious [winks]
    I did not play in that HS at all bro

I did not play in that HS at all bro
    my bad... i better checkup and see who it was....although i must admit to losing the discord link to the old game

Gaming Emeritus

The last day is almost here, so dont forget to add your nominations or edit them, if you have been planning to!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Best Hotseat Admin - Jadli, Mergor, YTWM. Jadli imo is the best TWC admin, and Mergor and YTWM are very active on discord and are always ready to help or just chime in.
    I will remember this Ramble.

Most Devious Commander - Captainnorway, Potatoto, Epic Total War
    For anyone asking, because I can't nominate myself (not even 3 times, imagine that) I picked my "meme list" for this. Captainnorway just because he also pulled one, Epic for shamelessly betraying me in RTW hotseat and Potatoto for that overkill revenge in AoC.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by General Dragon. View Post
    I will remember this Ramble.

For anyone asking, because I can't nominate myself (not even 3 times, imagine that) I picked my "meme list" for this. Captainnorway just because he also pulled one, Epic for shamelessly betraying me in RTW hotseat and Potatoto for that overkill revenge in AoC.

We actually did not have neither alliance nor NAP by the time I atacked you so in fact I did not broke any deal. In fact relations between our factions by the time were as bad as it can get from well known reason

Gaming Emeritus

We actually did not have neither alliance nor NAP by the time I atacked you so in fact I did not broke any deal. In fact relations between our factions by the time were as bad as it can get from well known reason
    You don't need to break a deal to be "candidate" for most devious in my opinion. The reason I would consider you a valid choice is your actions/behavior you showed. After I accepted the peace, payed around 50k amount of gold as compensation and I literally sent most of my forces to their death againts the turks, while you were holding back still in Italy with the simple claim, that "I will just attack you on the way", when a simple scouting would tell you I literally had nothing at home, then when you actually commited into fighting turks, you showed up at sicily homelands and literally wanted to destroy the faction, the only reason you didn't get away with that, was because of Mergor's ruling, however you still took Pamplona away from Sicily and put them as a vassal. At this point this is a clear "devious" category in my opinion for this great amount of "hate" showed to sicily/me.

As for the awards itself I closed the nomination thread as of now. Will count the number of nominations and decide on aswell, if they are valid ones in sunday and I will start the voting phase in the next week's monday, which will go for another 1 week before we announce the winners.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; July 25, 2020 at 05:46 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Voting Phase now officially started! (don't mind the few thread remake I made with small mistakes). In case anyone is interested Mergor got successfully nominated in 6 different categories while Epic Total War and humble myself were nominated successfully aswell in 4 separate categories. Epic Total War was allowed to participate in the voting phase of the award event, regarding his past TWC contribution, presence and the fact, he was nominated very much by many people.

Don't forget everyone, the polls last only 1 week, so go and vote on those you think are worthy in the many categories!

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

God I miss this place. Still going strong I see.
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Gaming Emeritus

Welcome back

Well, perhaps if you miss it so much, you should visit us more often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast