Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

  1. #101
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    This 1619 Project is openly counterfactual and revisionist; a fact known across the political spectrum. It’s being taught to kids with official public sanction, much like the Smithsonian’s attempt to repurpose and normalize race realist talking points. There is certainly more than nothing wrong with that, whether or not one agrees with its falsehoods.

  2. #102
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    You aren't challenging the "dominant culture". You're part of it.
    Indeed I am part of a 'dominant white culture', though definitely, and thankfully, not the American version of it. I'm not the one challenging anything, but at least I'm open to the arguments of those who do. It is unfortunate such an attitude seems to have become completey marginalized in American politics. I'm more and more left with the impression that if you tell an American that 1 + 1 equals 2, they will agree with you or not based on whether you're in their political corner or not.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  3. #103

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    This 1619 Project is openly counterfactual and revisionist; a fact known across the political spectrum.
    Revisionist, not counterfactual.

    It’s being taught to kids with official public sanction, much like the Smithsonian’s attempt to repurpose and normalize race realist talking points. There is certainly more than nothing wrong with that, whether or not one agrees with its falsehoods.
    It's inappropriate because it's not a scholarly work, not because of its content.

  4. #104
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Revisionist, not counterfactual.

    It's inappropriate because it's not a scholarly work, not because of its content.
    It is counterfactual and revisionist, as has been well documented at this point. You can move the goalposts wherever you like in response.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    It is counterfactual and revisionist, as has been well documented at this point. You can move the goalposts wherever you like in response.
    False. The article you posted in another thread has been addressed and replied to. Furthermore, your posts suggest that history doesn't have a significant component of interpretation to it.

  6. #106
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    False. The article you posted in another thread has been addressed and replied to. Furthermore, your posts suggest that history doesn't have a significant component of interpretation to it.
    You may choose to lie of course, but public information is public.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    You may choose to lie of course, but public information is public.
    It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.

  8. #108
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.
    Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.

  9. #109
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.
    I see. People can make up their own mind, but unless they draw the same conclusion as you they're liars.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  10. #110
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I see. People can make up their own mind, but unless they draw the same conclusion as you they're liars.
    Nah. Documented false assertions are counterfactual. That’s a fact.

  11. #111
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  12. #112
    Legio_Italica's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Magistrate Gaming Staff

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    img
    The narrative morphs as needed to avoid the facts. “The 1619 project historical narrative is counterfactual and revisionist.” > “Well it’s not history, it’s just a story.” It’s the recurring theme common to Jones’ yellow journalism or the racist Smithsonian web series on “white culture.” Drop a pile of lies. Let it percolate. Gauge the reaction. Readjust. Rinse and repeat. When Trump does it, he’s a threat to mankind. When NYT does it, they turn the lies into a curriculum. Imagine a whole curriculum called “Little Orange Book” of curated Trumpisms

  13. #113

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.
    Well, the 1619 is fundamentally racist and contrafactual. It implies the African contributionn isnthe most important contribution to Americsn society, more important than any other, which is contrafactual.

    1. The predominate language of the US is not of African origin

    2. The majority or largest minority of the population is not of African origin, nor was it in the US nor was it at any time.

    3. The legal system in the US was not of African origin

    4. The ships that transported the people to the Americas were not of African design nor build.

    5. The countries that founded the colonies in the Americas were not Africa.

    6. The first non native settlements in the US were not built by Africans nor were they named by blacks.


    So how can 1619 be the most important date in US history? 1619 claims that the bringing of a handfull of black slaves was more important than the earlier founding of English settlements in America which is why the slaves were brought there innthe firsr place, and that is not just revisionist, but contrafactual.


    In neither numbers or influence on US culture and society, Africa has not been the greatest. It is racist to assert that black contributions were more important than any other group, so much so that US history didn't begin until they arrived, which is what 1619 is claiming. It isn't true and it is contractual.

    Jamestown was already established, and it was because English had already establisued settlements, which is why the slaves were brought there in the first place. The slaves were not dumped off in an empty wilderness. Why not start America from the founding of St. Augustine Florida or the Spanish settlments in the West of the US, which have far more justification than the date of 1619 which is just racially motivated.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; July 30, 2020 at 03:44 PM.

  14. #114

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.
    Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.
    When even the creators of 1619 admit it is not history, I think we can safely accept it is counterfactual and dismiss it as history https://thespectator.info/2020/07/27...e-twitchy-com/ https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2...t-not-history/ Even its creators don't try pretend it is factual, it is just a story (narrative)
    Last edited by Common Soldier; August 13, 2020 at 08:48 AM.

  16. #116

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    What is the criteria for dominant culture? You seem to be saying the dominant culture is the current consensus of certain majorities, but that seems to misunderstand the complexity of what the word culture means. Its vastness. Its ancient ritualized creeping pervasiveness. How slow, even at its quickest, to change.

    The dominant culture isn't what is happening in the moment. That is the darkness that comes before. Slavery was the dominant culture. It still pervades us to this day. All the accusations made against BLM were made in their way against the Abolitionist movement.

    The rioting is not nearly the worst in our history, nor rare in the world today. Protests have been on an arc towards violence across the Earth for some time for reasons various heavily favored towards economic inequalities.

    Your arguments approach change in a fashion not to your liking as ineffectual but again. The darkness that comes before. Freedom is often wrested from power with violence. Justice too.

    Gays can marry now. Women have voted for 100 years. Would you say their agendas dominate culture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    You aren't challenging the "dominant culture". You're part of it. There's a reason why BLM's narrative is regurgitated ad nauseam by corporate America, the cosmopolitan press, the entertainment industry and academia. The Washington elite literally kneel for it.

    Debating the criminal justice system, police reform or the leading causes of African American mortality was never the objective. The priority for the liberal establishment and their activists has been to launch irrational, hyper-critical attacks against "whiteness" (itself a term typically used as a racial pejorative), American icons and various western institutions. So instead of discussing the substantive issues and consensus building (which might actually threaten the status quo) we've been dragged into another one of the left's poisonous culture wars, complete with riots, looting, vandalism and other forms of violence.

  17. #117

    Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    One of those things one of the Evergreen students said to Weinstein when he was trying to have a discussion about the request that whites absent themselves from campus 'You're gonna use your rational bull[censored]. Wub you', and 'You need to stop demanding that people use logic and reason, and white forms of knowledge'.
    I called that this will be a thing for a while now. Logic and reason are now "white forms of knowledge" and appealing to them is now racist.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

    Yeah. We live in sad, sad times. I mean, how is one supposed to destroy WAP without LOGIC & REASON?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •