Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

Default Re: Smithsonian Group Museum Engages in... White... Supremacy?

This 1619 Project is openly counterfactual and revisionist; a fact known across the political spectrum. It’s being taught to kids with official public sanction, much like the Smithsonian’s attempt to repurpose and normalize race realist talking points. There is certainly more than nothing wrong with that, whether or not one agrees with its falsehoods.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    You aren't challenging the "dominant culture". You're part of it.
    Indeed I am part of a 'dominant white culture', though definitely, and thankfully, not the American version of it. I'm not the one challenging anything, but at least I'm open to the arguments of those who do. It is unfortunate such an attitude seems to have become completey marginalized in American politics. I'm more and more left with the impression that if you tell an American that 1 + 1 equals 2, they will agree with you or not based on whether you're in their political corner or not.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    This 1619 Project is openly counterfactual and revisionist; a fact known across the political spectrum.
    Revisionist, not counterfactual.

It’s being taught to kids with official public sanction, much like the Smithsonian’s attempt to repurpose and normalize race realist talking points. There is certainly more than nothing wrong with that, whether or not one agrees with its falsehoods.
    It's inappropriate because it's not a scholarly work, not because of its content.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Revisionist, not counterfactual.

It's inappropriate because it's not a scholarly work, not because of its content.
    It is counterfactual and revisionist, as has been well documented at this point. You can move the goalposts wherever you like in response.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; July 29, 2020 at 08:28 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

It is counterfactual and revisionist, as has been well documented at this point. You can move the goalposts wherever you like in response.
    False. The article you posted in another thread has been addressed and replied to. Furthermore, your posts suggest that history doesn't have a significant component of interpretation to it.

False. The article you posted in another thread has been addressed and replied to. Furthermore, your posts suggest that history doesn't have a significant component of interpretation to it.
    You may choose to lie of course, but public information is public.

You may choose to lie of course, but public information is public.
    It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.

It is indeed public. You posted an article critiquing the 1619 Project. I posted the Editor's reply to that criticism that referenced the historical information the Project based their statements on. All of these things are public, the fact that the articles were posted on the Forum, the information in the article themselves, and the hyperbolic accusations that the 1619 project is counterfactual. People can read everything and draw their own conclusion.
    Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Yes indeed people can. Meanwhile I’ll continue to highlight your lies and gaslighting wherever you persist in spreading them.
    I see. People can make up their own mind, but unless they draw the same conclusion as you they're liars.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I see. People can make up their own mind, but unless they draw the same conclusion as you they're liars.
    Nah. Documented false assertions are counterfactual. That’s a fact.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    img
    The narrative morphs as needed to avoid the facts. “The 1619 project historical narrative is counterfactual and revisionist.” > “Well it’s not history, it’s just a story.” It’s the recurring theme common to Jones’ yellow journalism or the racist Smithsonian web series on “white culture.” Drop a pile of lies. Let it percolate. Gauge the reaction. Readjust. Rinse and repeat. When Trump does it, he’s a threat to mankind. When NYT does it, they turn the lies into a curriculum. Imagine a whole curriculum called “Little Orange Book” of curated Trumpisms
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; July 30, 2020 at 06:31 AM.

Well, the 1619 is fundamentally racist and contrafactual. It implies the African contributionn isnthe most important contribution to Americsn society, more important than any other, which is contrafactual.

1. The predominate language of the US is not of African origin

2. The majority or largest minority of the population is not of African origin, nor was it in the US nor was it at any time.

3. The legal system in the US was not of African origin

4. The ships that transported the people to the Americas were not of African design nor build.

5. The countries that founded the colonies in the Americas were not Africa.

6. The first non native settlements in the US were not built by Africans nor were they named by blacks.

So how can 1619 be the most important date in US history? 1619 claims that the bringing of a handfull of black slaves was more important than the earlier founding of English settlements in America which is why the slaves were brought there innthe firsr place, and that is not just revisionist, but contrafactual.

In neither numbers or influence on US culture and society, Africa has not been the greatest. It is racist to assert that black contributions were more important than any other group, so much so that US history didn't begin until they arrived, which is what 1619 is claiming. It isn't true and it is contractual.

Jamestown was already established, and it was because English had already establisued settlements, which is why the slaves were brought there in the first place. The slaves were not dumped off in an empty wilderness. Why not start America from the founding of St. Augustine Florida or the Spanish settlments in the West of the US, which have far more justification than the date of 1619 which is just racially motivated.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; July 30, 2020 at 03:44 PM.

When even the creators of 1619 admit it is not history, I think we can safely accept it is counterfactual and dismiss it as history https://thespectator.info/2020/07/27...e-twitchy-com/ https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2...t-not-history/ Even its creators don't try pretend it is factual, it is just a story (narrative)
    Last edited by Common Soldier; August 13, 2020 at 08:48 AM.

What is the criteria for dominant culture? You seem to be saying the dominant culture is the current consensus of certain majorities, but that seems to misunderstand the complexity of what the word culture means. Its vastness. Its ancient ritualized creeping pervasiveness. How slow, even at its quickest, to change.

The dominant culture isn't what is happening in the moment. That is the darkness that comes before. Slavery was the dominant culture. It still pervades us to this day. All the accusations made against BLM were made in their way against the Abolitionist movement.

The rioting is not nearly the worst in our history, nor rare in the world today. Protests have been on an arc towards violence across the Earth for some time for reasons various heavily favored towards economic inequalities.

Your arguments approach change in a fashion not to your liking as ineffectual but again. The darkness that comes before. Freedom is often wrested from power with violence. Justice too.

Gays can marry now. Women have voted for 100 years. Would you say their agendas dominate culture?

You aren't challenging the "dominant culture". You're part of it. There's a reason why BLM's narrative is regurgitated ad nauseam by corporate America, the cosmopolitan press, the entertainment industry and academia. The Washington elite literally kneel for it.

Debating the criminal justice system, police reform or the leading causes of African American mortality was never the objective. The priority for the liberal establishment and their activists has been to launch irrational, hyper-critical attacks against "whiteness" (itself a term typically used as a racial pejorative), American icons and various western institutions. So instead of discussing the substantive issues and consensus building (which might actually threaten the status quo) we've been dragged into another one of the left's poisonous culture wars, complete with riots, looting, vandalism and other forms of violence.

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    One of those things one of the Evergreen students said to Weinstein when he was trying to have a discussion about the request that whites absent themselves from campus 'You're gonna use your rational bull[censored]. Wub you', and 'You need to stop demanding that people use logic and reason, and white forms of knowledge'.
    I called that this will be a thing for a while now. Logic and reason are now "white forms of knowledge" and appealing to them is now racist.

Yeah. We live in sad, sad times. I mean, how is one supposed to destroy WAP without LOGIC & REASON?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Default The implications of "whiteness" and "white culture"

I wanted to share these images with you:

This got me thinking. If concepts such as "politeness", "stable nuclear family", "scientific method and rigor", "success through hard work", "respecting property rights" are values exclusive to a society majority composed of "white people" with a "white culture" and these values are to be condemned, then I ask the following:

"If you're obviously discrediting and rejecting these concepts, then what concepts do wish to be preeminent in your ideal "non-white", "no white culture", "no whiteness" society? How do you expect such a society to function?"

I ask this because it is extremely insulting to non white/causasian people. It's a narrative saturated with an inferiority complex and a bigotry of low expectations, as if non-white/non-western people were inferior in their view of the world and were unable to be prosperous and autonomous under their own terms.

I don't think I have found a more frontal and openly racist propaganda than this one from leftism/woke-intersectional culture/cultural Marxist so far.

If this isn't evidence of a superiority and mesianic complex from "white-leftists" towards the "minorities" they have deemed to be under their control, according to their narrative, then I don't know what else it can be.

(edited)