Thread: Novgorod campaign - very hard, with Gracul and all the good stuff in place - longest campaign ever

Default Novgorod campaign - very hard, with Gracul and all the good stuff in place - longest campaign ever

As the title suggests, this is the most time I spent in any campaign ever. (about a year ago) Killed the mongols (which was very very hard) then waited for the timurids, which were dead in a couple of turns). All with the almost infinite spamming of armies. The russians have some excellent archers, horse archers, heavy cav, heavy cav with throwing spears, then the mercenary longbows and the bizantine archers(and mercenary elephants with cannons and guns). Kept the Papal State alive and as an ally, but well guarded by 6 full stacks, to keep the campaign going. In the end. I had so much money, I couldn't count it all.

So, it was a fun campaign.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1318 Waiting for the Timurids 4.JPG   1318 Waiting for the Timurids 3.JPG   1318 Waiting for the Timurids.JPG   1318 Waiting for the Timurids 2.JPG  

Default Re: Novgorod campaign - very hard, with Gracul and all the good stuff in place - longest campaign ever

Man... Looks like the map for COVID.

Default Re: Novgorod campaign - very hard, with Gracul and all the good stuff in place - longest campaign ever

Nicely done. I am a bit struggling fighting larger empires at the end. Do you have any advice to spare?