Thread: MAARC LXXXVI - The Winners!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default MAARC LXXXVI - The Winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXXVI

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is New Town by Alwyn. Alwyn's New Town takes the victory. This AAR about the tidings of the Carthaginian state told through the lense of several different and unique individuals is an all-time favourite among Writers' Study goers. Alwyn rightly receives 4 Competition Points for his first place victory leaving him with a splendid 30 Writers' Study Competition Points in total!

In SECOND PLACE is An Uruks Tale by Maltacus. The long anticipated sequel to An Orc's Tale immediately affirms itself and takes second place. The story picks up the story of the Orc Malthur after the events of An Orc's Tale and delivers the same quality and enjoyment its predecessor did. Maltacus receives 3 Competition Points bringing his total to 14 meaning he also earns his silver Writers' Study Competition medal! Congrats Maltacus!

In THIRD PLACE is Derc Plays Through World History, by Derc. In third place we have an AAR we all know and love, the witty Derc Plays Through World History. Currently bogged up in the mire that is the jankiness of Napoleon TW, Derc continues to entertain us and bring an AAR that continues to grow in quality. Truly a phenomenal project! Derc receives 2 Competition Points bringing his total up to 15 points.

Thanks to all those who submitted and those who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the voting thread is here
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; July 12, 2020 at 07:01 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: MAARC LXXXVI - The Winners!

Thanks to Turk and everyone who took part, and congratulations to Maltacus and Derc!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Congratulations to all three winners!

Thanks to everyone who entered, everyone who voted, and, of course, to Turk for running the competition.

Congratulations to you all! I am enjoying the continuation of these AARs greatly, and am glad to see them getting the recognition they've so clearly earned!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Campidoctor

Glad to see Alwyn on #1 this time. All AARs are very different, and yet share one common attribute: They are all fine works of art.

Great work from the staff too. These winning texts nailed it. Ty.

Great competition overall, but you know how it is. There is always one thing. One thing that has to spoil the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Thanks to [...] everyone who took part [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Thanks to [...] everyone who voted, [...]
    You are not thanking many people. 6 votes is ... not much.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks for your kind comments! I'm enjoying all of the other five entries very much and recommend them all!

You're right, Derc, six isn't many. We had six votes for the previous MAARC in June, and eight for the two MAARCs before that. I imagine that fewer people are around in June or July - even so, I'd like to see more voters. This MAARC was close, it could easily have gone a different way.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Thank you for your kind words Derc. They are much appreciated.

Indeed six is not a great amount. More voters are always welcome, where to find them however is the question of the century.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Sorry this is a bit late. Congratulations to our worthy winners and thanks to everyone who took part. All fine tales indeed!

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.