Thread: Ireland Campaign CDT

Default Ireland Campaign CDT

First, brilliant mod, my favourite mod so far. In anticipation I even did a fresh install of Kingdoms (from disc)
    At the start I didn't want a long, drawn out conflict with England given the amount of stacks they had on the Irish mainland, so I made peace in return for regular tribute and trade rights. I spent some time building my economy, securing alliances and trade rights and concentrating on the merchant scene in France, upgrading military buildings until I could begin to recruit enough mounted javs to give the English a good battle in the open. They were particulary strong in the north so while I could have taken a few cities to the south early game, I didn't want to lose my northern cities and then have to battle my way city after city as their heavy inf behind walls is a hard nut to crack. So finally I was ready to attack, only to see that Edward had returned from the crusades with his crusading army and landed back in England. Oh
    Undeterred, I created a raiding party and sent it off to Cornwall Viking-style to sack a few cities, by this time my coffers were running low and I hoped it might draw some attention away from Ireland (it didn't).

The blitz on the mainland began, Dublin was a huge boost to my economy and within a couple of turns the English were left with only four cities, all cut off from each other. They still have Kildare in the centre with a 3/4 garrison along with another nearly full stack in the nearest fort (under seige), Athenry to the west under seige, Castlebar to the north west lightly defended but with a fortified full stack nearby and Derry in the North east with a full stack garrison. Another full stack has landed near Dublin but appears to be making its way north with one of my full stacks in hot pursuit, and a few forts spread around with smaller garrisons of mostly heavy inf. Of those remaining cities and forts which are well garrisoned, the plan is to starve them out to fight in the open, as much as I'm enjoying the seige battles and coming up with tactics that I've never used before, fighting their heavy inf behind coty walls is taking too big a toll on my armies.

The year is 1268, I'm on turn 33. I'm about to raid the last Cornish city before bringing the boys home to help with the final push, I end turn and I get a CTD. Noooooooooo!!!! Each time I try to end turn the AI goes through the moves and it always crashes on the Welsh turn. I've tried moving around the map in case it's an animation problem but it makes no difference. I'm running the latest version (1.7), Kingdoms is up to date and a fresh install, and I have the Britannia and Teutonic campaigns installed.

Any idea? I'd hate to have to give up on such an epic mod. BTW I have no idea where to find the log to post, or if there even is a log (I found a 'log' folder within Kingdons but it's empty).

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Ireland Campaign CDT

I've got the RB installed, if you'd upload a save, I can investigate.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've got the RB installed, if you'd upload a save, I can investigate.
    Thanks, not entirely sure how to upload a save though

I do not have an ad attachment option, maybe due to low amount of posts?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JJON View Post
    I do not have an ad attachment option, maybe due to low amount of posts?
    upload to eg. mega.nz, generate a link on that drive, then provide here a link.
    You may also use any other site providing upload possibilities.
    Don't do it on the TWC webpage, it's inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    upload to eg. mega.nz, generate a link on that drive, then provide here a link.
    You may also use any other site providing upload possibilities.
    Don't do it on the TWC webpage, it's inefficient.
    Thanks again. And now I have the option to upload an attachment

https://mega.nz/file/KkhDzb6J#IP9VLs...JD3yUuf_sIe2X8

So I gave up with the Irish campaign and started an England game. This time I got to turn 37 before the CTD. A shame as this is my favourite mod so far.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So it is not stable currently? A shame I would like to try looks good

It does not appear to be stable for everyone. I am unable to get past approx turn 50 with the English. When I defeat the Welsh, CTD. Every time.

Very sad, as I love the mod concept.