Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Editing Names of Generals and Politicians for a Faction

Default Re: Editing Names of Generals and Politicians for a Faction

Thanks @Athanasios I just want to put a name in the game, I've already overwrite one name on of the names_tables at the data pack. But when I see the name of the general (the one I overwrite) there is no change.

How did you "overwrite" the name? Did you go to the local_en.pack and changed the text of a specific name? Or did you go to the startpos and changed the character's name ID value?

If you did the latter then you may have accidentally targeted the wrong character, with the addition of family trees many same-name chaarcters exist and some of them are deceased. I have made a few mistakes myself because of this.

If you overwrote the text then you should add your mod on top of other mods and specifically for text edits the table itself, if it is fragmented, should have a more prioritized name than the original table. In this case the names.loc should be named @names.loc for example and not wnames.loc. For some reason this is a thing. I had done edits to texts and because of my table's name, they wouldn't overwrite the vanilla values.

Let me know if these fix your issue

I didn't overwrite names. I created a new list for Athens. All new characters spawned after the start of a new game use the new names. My personal pack includes the following tables:

Faction_tables
    Name_orders_tables
    Names_groups_tables
    Names_tables

Hi
    Athanasios55, It worked, thanks for your help.

Hello everyone, I'm having a similar issue with names here except instead of editing a name I am trying to add a name into my startpos using AK. Everything in AK seems to work, I created a new ID for Romulus inside the Names table then put it in my character in start_pos_characters (see pic) and exported using BOB.

But afterwards the game didn't recognize it and just inserted a randomly generated name. So next I tried fragmenting the names_table inside PFM and added my newly created ID with the other columns matching, then created the local file for it so it would show up on screen -- but still nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Your mod pack contains the changed names table?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Yep, I fragmented the names_table and then added the new name and its ID in the mod pack. Also named the ID in the local text file too. But still the game outputs a randomly generated name

Hm, did you try giving Romulus a family name? If it will show up then, you can't give Romans only a forename.

I tried giving Romulus a family name but the game is still generating the random name.
    I've seen it's possible in this thread to create an entire new list of names so I figure it's possible to just add one name to the Roman list. Hmmm

Yeah should be no problem. I'm confused, that it is not working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12