View Poll Results: Shall Vladyvid be Citizen?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Artifex] Vladyvid [Patron: Flinn]

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default [Artifex] Vladyvid [Patron: Flinn]

My bit

"And just who are YOU, again?"

Drasek Riven to Rivalen Tanthul

Yes yes, it's me again This time I'm here to introduce you Vladyvid the Maker and to ask you to reward him with what I consider to be a well deserved Arifex badge.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Forgotten Realms setting for D&D, but it is really popular and not just among the D&D players, since the world has expanded into fiction and novels and many popular books and video games have been made out of it (I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of the epic Drizzt Do'Urden the Drow or Elminster Aumar the Mage, or at least have once played any of the Baldur's Gate or of the Neverwinter Nights games..). However, as I said the franchise is pretty popular and the first time I noticed Vladyvid's mod, Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW like 5 or 6 years ago, the mod was still in a very early stage. For years I've been following its development, eager to see the day that I could try it.. this 30th of June Vladyvid eventually released its 0.1 version... for the records I'm downloading it as I'm writing this, and I swear I'll find the time to play it, should I divorce from my wife and get fired from my work!

Not much I can add from my side, IMO his mod is totally worth the Artifex badge, but he of course has done other stuff here at TWC, as he's gonna tell you himself

Vladyvid's bit

I joined TWC in 2011. Earlier I would visit as a guest and read about games and mods people were working on. Before that, I used to be the Org's member since about 2006, so I was a part of some sort of TW community already before. I decided to make a mod of my own and the Org was pretty dead by then, so I registered on TWC with the hope that my idea could interest other people. Long story short, it worked.

My modding didn't start on TWC, but here it developed into something that can be appreciated by others. My first modding attempt, that actually was released, was a Winged Hussars unit that I made for a Medieval 1 mod called Pike & Musket. That was a sprite file and I remember I made it using Napoleonic mod sprite as a base, Ancient Times. Later here on TWC, I learned step by step more skills. First starting with some 2d images, then learning M2TW mapping, and later also 3d modelling and texturing of units.

My own mod was always my priority, because I would never have many helpers, so I had to learn how to do a lot stuff myself. Still, I would often think of working on other mods, helping to develop other ideas that I've seen as interesting and worthy of my time. So, over the years, I was involved in helping some other modders here at TWC.

I tried to do something for Azeroth Total War, I think ended up with some units icons:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...roth-Total-War

Here I joined a small team for Dragon Age Total War, and actually made a working map of Ferelden for them:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...view-Released!

Last year, I did one small job for TATW unofficial patch 4.0, I'm listed as one of contributors. (I made I think 3 orc helmets with textures for Gundabad orcs)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...cial-patch-4-0

Last, but not least, I managed to release the first verion of my mod Faerun Total War:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...the-first-post

As a 'fun fact', I guess, I can add my involvement (involuntary) in a Civ5 mod, where my faction symbols from an ealier version of Faerun mod were used (I was later credited):
    https://sourceforge.net/p/faerun/cod...n%20for%20BNW/

I am still developing the mod, and there will be new releases.

Apart from those modding efforts of mine, I would sometimes also try to help modders in need who would post their questions/problems in the mod workshop section for m2tw mods. First I used to help with map issues, later also with model/texture issues. I was never very regular with that, but its hard to be quicker to answer a question than lets say Gigantus. Anyway, I tried to help when I knew the answer.

My other activities on TWC would also include posting in some topics in the Arts section, about some movies or tv shows. I would also post in the topics of other mods that I'm following, or occasionally in other parts of the TWC. The thing is that my work, private life, and my mod, that all takes up so much time that I often just have no time to browse the forums, so my activity is limited.

Recommendation letters
    We have asked few well known and respected modders to express their opinion on Vladyvid and his work

Quote Originally Posted by Razor
    I think that Vladyvid deserves citizenship, because of the work that he has done for Faerun Total War and by extension the continuation of the M2TW community within TWC. His efforts into bringing about his mod and releasing it deserves lots of praise.
    Besides that he also seems to be a decent person and therefore I think he's an asset to the TWC community.

- Razor (old duffer of the TWC community since 2004)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo.civi.uefs
    Here is my 50 cents about Vladyvid.

I've been modding since 2011 and though I received help from some good souls here in the Forums, I must say they're rare.

Its always surprising when someone says: Hey! I would like to help.

And that's exacly what Vladyvid said when I asked for help.

If his good will is not enough to prove his valor, then one can also consider his talent and skills, something I had the opportunity to check when he
    delivered me some awesome 3d models and textures to be used in my mod.

This guy is a good soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    I first came across Vlad all those years ago when he posted the opening for his Faerun mod WIP back in 2011. Since then I have had numerous encounters in the workshops, with him seeking advice in various modding fields. Given the length of time since inception it comes as a pleasant surprise that after all these years his mod is now released, even if it's a beta - that's top perseverance, in my eyes totally worthy of a citizen.

Greets
    Gig

And that's all; the Faerun mod for Med 2 is really a well done and big work and I'm sure in the future it will win Vladyvid a large award, but since we like to do the things well, let's start by slapping him the Artifex badge.

Flinn
    of the Church of
    the Latter Day Dude
    Last edited by Flinn; July 07, 2020 at 06:59 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] Vladyvid [Patron: Flinn]

Support.

Nothing but good things to say from all my interactions with him .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Same here. Easy support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Support.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

You have my musket
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

This I can support. Hope I don't forget to vote again, I'm a bit busy with other stuff right now.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Support.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Poll added.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Voted.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Support, its easy when I see such high recommendations.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Voted.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted in support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Support and voted.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Voted
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

My thanks go to everyone who voted and supported me here. Cheers guys!