Thread: Ennio Morricone died at 91

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Ennio Morricone died at 91

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/o...cone-dead.html

Quote Originally Posted by incipit of the linked article
    Ennio Morricone, the Italian composer whose atmospheric scores for spaghetti westerns and some 500 films by a Who’s Who of international directors made him one of the world’s most versatile and influential creators of music for the modern cinema, died on Monday in Rome. He was 91.

His death was confirmed by his lawyer, Giorgio Assumma, who said that Mr. Morricone had been admitted to the hospital last week after falling and fracturing his femur.

To many cineastes, Maestro Morricone (pronounced more-ah-CONE-ay) was a unique talent,crafting melodic accompaniments to comedies, thrillers and historical dramas by Bernardo Bertolucci, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Terrence Malick, Roland Joffé, Brian De Palma, Barry Levinson, Mike Nichols, John Carpenter, Quentin Tarantino and other filmmakers.
    [..]
    For an Italian like me, he was a sort of a hero, someone who brought our creative talent everywhere in the world, who fought against the prejudice in many forms, who produced a LOT of great music

You'll be missed, Maestro
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Ennio Morricone died at 91

A great loss

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

The man knew how to do epic.

What a crappy year 2020 has been.

Now this.

He will be always immortal trough his fantastic music as far im concerned.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Great componist.

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

tnx everybody for the kind comments and for sharing such great music

as for me.. it was not just the music, which was great per se, but the fact that when you couple it with the visuals it is intended to go together, it becomes epic

just a perfect example!

also, as the metal-head I am, I cannot but post this Metallica's video

Last edited by Flinn; July 07, 2020 at 03:12 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Morricone, a best film music maker of all times.

Last edited by DaVinci; July 08, 2020 at 01:44 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

RIP to a legend. Morricone was undeniably ahead of his time when composing those unique scores for Sergio Leone's western flicks starring Clint Eastwood, but Morricone transcended that role to produce a truly remarkable variety of compositions. I'm just glad he was still working until recently doing what he loved, and had collaborated with Quentin Tarantino.

@FLINN: Funny that you mention Metallica, because I've seen them once in concert in California back in 2003 I think, and they opened their entire set by playing the graveyard scene of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on giant monitors on stage before playing "Battery" from Master of Puppets. It was beautiful.

@FLINN: Funny that you mention Metallica, because I've seen them once in concert in California back in 2003 I think, and they opened their entire set by playing the graveyard scene of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on giant monitors on stage before playing "Battery" from Master of Puppets. It was beautiful.
    Yep i seen Metallica twice ( 2008, and 2010), in my life, they always open their concerts with Morricone Ecstasy of Gold, it was, is, their signature intro on live shows.

On both shows they followed that intro with Creeping Death from Ride the Lightning.