Thread: 50 turns to build a siege ram

Laetus

Default 50 turns to build a siege ram

I am playing as Makedon,turn 2,and I am sieging Pella(with a general)and building any siege equipment such as a ram or siege tower takes an absurd amount of seasons.This is definetely a bug,I've encountered it in the mod broken crescent buff and shine as well if it helps with anything.Is there a fix?

Default Re: 50 turns to build a siege ram

It's not a bug. You're building siege equipment with only one unit, that would be impossible even in real life. Don't be lazy and add more troops to the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by eesoos View Post
    I am playing as Makedon,turn 2,and I am sieging Pella(with a general)and building any siege equipment such as a ram or siege tower takes an absurd amount of seasons.This is definetely a bug,I've encountered it in the mod broken crescent buff and shine as well if it helps with anything.Is there a fix?
    I don't think it is a bug. It has to do with the traits of your leading general. Right now I don't remember the exact trait, but if he starves quickly on enemy territory he and his entire army would get just 1 build point - hence the 50 turns for a ram.

The way to avoid this - try sieging the town with a different general. If no general can do the job, siege without a general. An army without a general will have the full building points. Of course with this latter option you run the risk of the army rebelling, if your treasury is not positive.

Get some infantry, add them to the besieging stack.