Thread: Does the Hetairiae Recruitment Center really do anything in SS6.4?

Default Does the Hetairiae Recruitment Center really do anything in SS6.4?

I looked in export_desc_buildings but could not find the Hetairiae Recruitment Center listed. If it does actually effect recruitment, in what file does it appear?

Also, speaking of buildings, does anyone know how the +-50 / +-100 / +-150 / +-200 in the barracks line of building works. Sometimes barracks seem to add income and at other times they don't.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: Does the Hetairiae Recruitment Center really do anything in SS6.4?

Yes, I can see know that the Hetairiae Recruitment Center allows for the recruitment of Skythikon, Latinikon, and perhaps other units as the game advances. The problem was that for years I have only played SS6.4 with BGRV, and with BGRV the Hetairiae Recruitment Center, like all of the barracks line, are useless and don't allow for any special recruitment. I am now playing 6.4 with BGRIV, and the Hetairiae Recruitment Center is now once again of value as intended. I've wondered about this for years, and now I know the answer, which as in now clear to me should have been obvious all along if one is playing with BGRIV.

As to the second question, I guess I may never know for sure exactly why the barracks line sometimes seems to add revenue to the settlement while at other times it doesn't, nor what the logic behind this +- revenue formula is/was. So it goes. Thanks to all who even considered this post.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: Does the Hetairiae Recruitment Center really do anything in SS6.4?

I think the second question refers to their upkeep or building maintenance, like the build costs more and more as it gets larger and larger, it adds -100, -200 to your treasury per turn. I think?
    Last edited by phylosopher stoned; August 27, 2020 at 08:23 PM.