Thread: Republican System and Religious Orders - Historical correction

Default Republican System and Religious Orders - Historical correction

My version is SS 6.4, I don't use sub-mods that fix bugs, but I intend to use it.

I want to correct the problem with factions that historically are Republic (like Venice) or Religious Orders (Teutonic Order) that shouldn't have a family tree, or at least how to be able to rename it as in the case of Venice of 'Venetian Family Member " to the "Venetian senator".

I found it strange that Venice had a family tree, considering that Venice did not have a family tree and was a republic with a senate and council for the entire medieval era.

I also observed the Teutonic orders, they have their own type of family tree and in the extended family members they must be renamed as a 'council member'. But how do I do that and what files should I edit.

I also noticed problems with the Mongolian family tree, it is totally incorrect, with family members who are not children of Genghis Khan historically.

Are there mods that fix these problems? If there is no way to edit the files to correct them?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Republican System and Religious Orders - Historical correction

Have a look at Titanium, it's included, afaik.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Is it really worth migrating to this SS mod?

I am interested in the map that appears to be much better than vanilla. I haven't seen the battles yet, it should be the same as the SS 6.4 with some details.

---Edit---

Looking at the Titanium mini-mod, I'm excited about the map and the 4 shifts a year, it looks better and I'm intending to move on to it. But the only problem is if it goes wrong with SS and M2TW Kingdoms and I will have to reinstall everything again.
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; July 02, 2020 at 01:37 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Titanium was unfinished. I've found some problems, in the balance as well.
    Battles are much better than in the SS6.4, imho. Balance is much better. Historicity is much better.
    I don't like 4TPY.

Has the submod been completed or is it being finalized? Anyway, I will test it.