Thread: Field of glory empires

Default Field of glory empires

hey, is anyone interested to make a mod for field of glory empires which will rename the units to something more historically appopriate?

Default Re: Field of glory empires

While that is a very good game, there are other places in the forum where you can ask for help as this is just the thread for a mod.

took the liberty of asking here because if there is an authoritative place of historical authenticity its this mod.

empires is a dream come true, tactical turn based battles with a strategic management lvl of great depth.
    its a pity that the units are pretty basic.

I and another guy had made an Ode to Europa barbarorum mod, i changed faction colour and names and he changed the unit names and even their graphics. However the mod is very outdated in terms of patches and since there wasnt much interest we didnt keep working on it. Whilst i worked on the mod just for myself, as it improved a lot my singleplayer experience. However since then i am only playing field of glory empires on multiplayer, so there's no point for me to continue on the mod (nor do i have the time though)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

im aware of your mod wulfburk, actually asked in the siltherine/steam forums of any news about an update.
    what files need tweaking to make it compatible with current version?
    Last edited by sarpedon21; July 04, 2020 at 05:47 AM.

In data/text, Text 31 for all the faction names, text 32 for the unit names, and text 47 for the diadochi faction names. Also we changed FACTIONS(changes faction colours), SQUADS, UNITS AND UNITVISUALS excel files. in /data.
    I dont know how he changed the unit visuals, but i imagine if you just copy the lines he changed from the last available mod download, and insert in your own files, you can manage to do it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

thanks wulfburk.