Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AWARD] Akar for Asterix's Loincloth

Default [AWARD] Akar for Asterix's Loincloth

I propose Akar, known also as TWC's most loveable scamp, for the Asterix's Loincloth award. As well we know, Akar is not only one of this site's most exuberant youngsters (despite having been here far too long already) he is also one of its great amusements, keeping us all jovial spirits during these dark times. Indeed, so great is his penchant for comedy that not only was he rewarded for being TWC's funniest member in 2019, but I have designated him as my personal jester in real life - an honour I'm sure that you can all agree his wit and pleasant demeanor is deserving of.

And while he may be a mischievous fellow, keeping our spirits up, distracting us and entertaining us both in the TD and in the many game threads in which he participates (and has founded), Akar has also made significant contributions in other areas too. I think it no exaggeration to say that the work he has done as censor and as a content artist - which alone surpasses the contributions made by almost all other members - has been truly exemplary and demonstrates that his scandalous persona is but a mask for his pure, dedicated soul. Many of us felt that his elevation to such positions of authority and responsibility would surely doom this site, but alas, the opposite has proven to be the case.

This boy, who despite his lewdness and flagrant criminality, is blessed with a virginal heart, is surely deserving of this accolade.

Due to popular demand (it is laughably felt by some that Akar's self-evident comicality, loveability and spiritual purity needs proving) I have decided to include some of his most memorable recent moments and contributions for your enjoyment. Feel free to add your own Akarian tales in your responses.

Akar founds a new game for TWC.
    Akar founds ANOTHER new game for TWC.
    Akar introduces us to his cat, Lily the cute.
    Akar becomes a janitor of the TW Wiki.
    Dr. Akarl Marx leads the resistance against Spanish Influenza.
    Akar regales us with the tale of the Tragedy of the Biscotti, known in the common tongue as Cookiegod.
    Philosophy with Akar.
    Akar's coup: the rebellion against Flinn.
    Palaeography with Akar.
    Akar's campaign to Make Disney Great Again.
    Counting with Akar the drug baron (allegedly).
    Edgy linguistics with Akar.
    Akar asks: who's your favourite member of the dead Kennedys?
    Akar Trolls the Establishment: The triggering of GED.
    Akar's mighty health prank.

Edit: I have heard it is customary for adorable animals to be included in these threads to promote the nominee's credentials. In keeping with this tradition, I give you Happy Cat!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit II: To meet Brewster's request for pupper pics (what a big softie), I give you Ari, a creature most beloved by our champion, Akar!

Last edited by Cope; June 19, 2020 at 10:25 PM. Reason: To appease the mob, again.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: [AWARD] Akar for Asterix's Loincloth

I will be so mad if he gets it. Seething even.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Opposed, as I already said in the other thread, he's not there yet, IMO.

I think it no exaggeration to say that the work he has done as censor and as a content artist
    This in no way qualifies him for the Loincloth.. if you have to go to look for extra contributions to justify this award, maybe you should consider my position that it's still too early to grant a Loincloth, eh? Besides, why not putting some links, some examples of his comedy?

- which alone surpasses the contributions made by almost all other members -
    please..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

@Cope: I will totally support this the moment you make a better nomination by actually highlighting Akar's hilarious threads, at least his most recent ones for a general example of what he's about. He's undeniably made the Thema Devia a lively place for satirical and sardonic comedy, joviality and hilarity. If I got the Loincloth simply for threads like the one where I impersonated Vladimir Putin, then Akar deserves one for the sheer amount of content he pumps out, even if more than half his threads are low effort posts with tersely-written OPs. Link to numerous examples of his brand of humor and I'll vote to support, but only after you do that.

@Flinn: I think Akar is ready, but this nomination needs to be thoroughly rewritten and presented in a coherent manner like an essay with specific points and examples as to why the nominator thinks Akar should have the award. Vague praise of Akar is nowhere near sufficient for a candidacy like this.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Akar is extremely hilarious and warrants my support.

Cope has failed with this nomination though. There's a lot of quality stuff that he let out.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

OP UPDATED.

I would like to personally and officially reprimand cope for stealing my thunder. In spite of his thunder theft, I halfheartedly support

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

No support because of the lack of dogs. If one copies my tradition, copy it good.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    No support because of the lack of dogs.
    Pooch added, Gampy.

If one copies my tradition, copy it good.
    If one copies my language, copy it well.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

What a good boy Ari is, and you too Cope.

Citizen

The thread is funny, but as far as applications go it's pretty lacking. I can't support until more substance is added.

Opposed.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Cannot support without at least one full sentence in bolded pink.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Fair amount of evidence to support the nomination. I seem to recall Akar's infraction count is as notable. It's a tough one, since the award has changed over time from it's original intent to something leaning more on comedy and nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix
    This award was much needed, because it is a higher order for the really model citizens who grasped what TWC was and managed to focus their constructive energies from very early on.

I firmly believe that converegent interests insuffice to build a community like this one... it needs people with good energy and a free-spirit as well.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Fair amount of evidence to support the nomination. I seem to recall Akar's infraction count is as notable. It's a tough one, since the award has changed over time from it's original intent to something leaning more on comedy and nonsense.

In a more wholesome sense, there is an argument for Akar as much needed community glue; his initiatives and drive are something rare to come by these days. He provides cohesion. He dips into and maintains the life of multiple fields. He keeps the thread listings active and he reliably gives food for others to respond to where they'd otherwise pass by. But this is an aspect the nomination simply doesn't address, instead leaning towards the comedy.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

In the past, the award was given to larger-than-life personalities, anyone remember Captain Argg? Others have obtained the award because of their unique posting style and humorous approach.

Unfortunately Akar doesn't really meet any of those criteria. However, he has done alot of good work in the Curia lately, and I suggest he would make a great Consul in the future.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Majora View Post
    In a more wholesome sense, there is an argument for Akar as much needed community glue; his initiatives and drive are something rare to come by these days. He provides cohesion. He dips into and maintains the life of multiple fields. He keeps the thread listings active and he reliably gives food for others to respond to where they'd otherwise pass by. But this is an aspect the nomination simply doesn't address, instead leaning towards the comedy.
    Which sounds more in line with Asterix original 'spirit of TWC.'

Unfortunately the threads - 'Akar Trolls the Establishment: The triggering of GED.' Akar's campaign to Make Disney Great Again. Edgy linguistics with Akar.

Are the exact opposite.

Edgy sarcasm is something we need more of, not less of. TWC takes itself way, way too seriously.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Majora View Post
    How does him attaining the Asterix loincloth provide the community with cohesion? If he gets the loincloth I'll have to pack my bags and leave with tears in my eyes.

How does him attaining the Asterix loincloth provide the community with cohesion? If he gets the loincloth I'll have to pack my bags and leave with tears in my eyes.
    Oh . Guys? Guys, who is gonna tell him guys? Ah man.

I kid

Abdülmecid I's Avatar ¡Ay Carmela!
    Moderation Overseer Civitate Patrician

Glad to see that the OP was updated, in the beginning it was rather post-modernist for my tastes. In my opinion, Akar is a very soft-speaking and gentle member, who tries his best to lift the spirits of his fellow comrades in Thema Devia and elsewhere. For example, in the various competitions hosted in Coliseum, Vestigia Vetustatis and the Arts, he contributes quite productively, encouraging other participants to avoid confrontation and take these games in a more light-hearted manner. His sense of humour is often a tad puritanical and his rap lyrics too cute to sound menacing, but nobody is flawless and, after all, the candidates of such awards are supposed to generate controversy. Personally, I consider Akar to be a faithful disciple of living legends, like Heinz Guderian, so I'm going to support this application and wish him a happy loincloth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast