Thread: How to remove unit SP Campaign unit caps?

Default How to remove unit SP Campaign unit caps?

I'd like to remove the SP Campaign since I like spamming armies. I've downloaded PFM and tried to edit .PACKS but I realized that there are so many files with unit_tables and I do not know which one to edit. My PM's are open if anyone wants to help.

Thanks

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: How to remove unit SP Campaign unit caps?

just go to the units table. One column is "Total Cap". Set that to 0, and no limit in SP.

Last edited by Lord Davn; July 01, 2020 at 07:54 AM.

Where can I exactly find that specific .db file? Is it the one in the NTW3->Campaign->Packs->Europe? Since I also found a similar db.pack inside the Version88 folder

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Yes that is the db.pack file that you want to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Yes that is the db.pack file that you want to mod.

Still getting caps on my campaigns after i edited the cap to 0.. NTW3->Campaign->Packs->Europe\db.pack right?
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

NTW3->Campaign->Packs->Europe\db.pack file
    units_tables> ntw3_land_units> unit limit column (17th from left)

Icon5 Re: How to remove unit SP Campaign unit caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    NTW3->Campaign->Packs->Europe\db.pack file
    units_tables> ntw3_land_units> unit limit column (17th from left)
    Hey there, I tried editing the total_cap and total_cap_mp values for all the Mecklenburg artillery pieces (from 1-2 to 2-4 for each) in the units_tables/ntw3_land_units in the db.pack located in that folder and it has not changed any artillery unit caps in my existing save or a new single player campaign. I've checked the box in the PackFileManager app for "Show All Columns" in case there was something I was missing.

I've got 8.9.1 installed, opening the game via the NTW3 launcher and clicking Main Campaign. Once the game launches, I click Single Player > Campaigns of the Coalition. I'm picking Mecklenburg. Maybe this post is partially spurred out of ignorance. How does anyone get more than 1 or 2 of a given cannon unit? Does each captured region add to your cap or provide access to different artillery units (ie, if I capture another province, I gain the ability to recruit any local/regional units?)? Sorry, I am new to NTW and NTW3, just got it on Steam sale and the only thing I don't like about NTW3 so far is the fact that I can't make multiple armies with 4-5 artillery units each despite having thousands in the bank and money to burn early game (made some good diplomatic choices that prevented war with Prussia and the other German states while warding off any other hostilities via this new alliance, so I went 100% economy the first 30 turns). I created a second army with a general and the game did not allow me to recruit additional artillery, so only one army had any artillery. That doesn't seem normal given the battle summary screenshots I've seen with 40 card battles and like 12 cards of cannon.

Regardless of my new-ness to the game, I'd like to know how to manipulate the unit caps effectively.

Update! I was able to figure it out with the help of the NTW3 discord tech channel. I was editing the db.pack located in data\NTW3\Campaign\Packs\Europe, but it turns out that I had to edit the db.pack located in data\NTW3\Version87\Campaign\Packs\Europe for the changes to work due to the later patches not messing with the campaign values established in the Version87 db.pack.

Where do you put the db.pack file?
    thank you!