Thread: Schwert und Speer Ultimat 2.0 (die Wollmilchsau)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Schwert und Speer Ultimat 2.0 (die Wollmilchsau)

Introduction

This mod has originally been only available on German Total War sites even though it has a English translation. The method of changing the language was a bit cumbersome and the installation also lacked Steam compatibility - all of that has been addressed with my installer.
    The mod features the original campaign with 8 additional factions (Litauen, Deutscher Orden, Königreich Jerusalem, Kiew, Irland, Norwegen, Fürstentum Antiochia, Mongolen playable) and a long list of improvements\additions otherwise.

The German forum version can be found here and as usual all rights remain with the original authors

InstallationThis is one of my 'click through' installations.
    • As long as your registry is fine the installer will find the correct installation path. If not, simply follow the instruction displayed in the installer.
    • At the end of the installation a file verification will take place, allow it to finish, check for error messages (see #1 in picture), close it and finalize your installation. Leave the launch tick box checked (see #2 in picture).
    • Steam users: no need to do anything - simply start the mod with it's desktop shortcut

Spoiler for installer picture

• In the launcher simply choose Spielen\Play as the default language is English:

DownloadMediafire
    Strategiezone

Quickfix
    20200106 - adds missing code for agent limit script, extract into the ...\mods\sus_ult\data directory
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 20, 2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: link to translated improvements

Default Re: Schwert und Speer Ultimat 2.0 (die Wollmilchsau)

nice job!

Many thanks Gigantus,
    Just one question, is the quick fix integrated in your installer, and if not, how is it to be implemented?
    Thanks again,
    FFJean

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Gig but ... I can't understand the long list of improvements.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Gig,
    what happened then to the mod? It seems it was finished like in 2010 and then nobody continued?
    It is very neat, some parts made with attention to the historical details (many events), while other not so (map and settlements...).
    It is not up to the current standards of graphics, the units are also not so good, the coding errors are there, but the mod was probably a blast for 2010?
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Many thanks Gigantus,
    Just one question, is the quick fix integrated in your installer, and if not, how is it to be implemented?
    Thanks again,
    FFJean
    It's not: "extract into the ...\mods\sus_ult\data directory"
    (7Zip is freeware)
    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Thanks Gig but ... I can't understand the long list of improvements.
    Time to learn German

Being a 2008 mod it introduces a number of new factions, strat models plus AI modifications and other assorted changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Gig,
    what happened then to the mod? It seems it was finished like in 2010 and then nobody continued?
    It is very neat, some parts made with attention to the historical details (many events), while other not so (map and settlements...).
    It is not up to the current standards of graphics, the units are also not so good, the coding errors are there, but the mod was probably a blast for 2010?
    JoC
    At the time (still is to a certain extent) it was the most popular German mod, introducing a number of new elements considering it's release date. Given graphics card and processor capabilities at the time it did a fair job - you simply couldn't run the game with the excessive vertice count models and huge texture files that are being used now.
    Feel reminded of the PDeR mod, the first large mod I worked on. Modding was still in it's infancy - we were the first to introduce the zone of recruitment (ZoR) principle if memory recalls, the 'need governor to build' script was pretty nifty then as well.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 10, 2020 at 08:43 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    At the time (still is to a certain extent) it was the most popular German mod, introducing a number of new elements considering it's release date. Given graphics card and processor capabilities at the time it did a fair job - you simply couldn't run the game with the excessive vertice count models and huge texture files that are being used now.
    Feel reminded of the PDeR mod, the first large mod I worked on. Modding was still in it's infancy - we were the first to introduce the zone of recruitment (ZoR) principle if memory recalls, the 'need governor to build' script was pretty nifty then as well.
    Yeah, it is still impressive: how finished it does feel.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you like it.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Here's the translated version of the improvements:

Sword and Spear Ultimate
    The Mod aims to improve the Vanilla campaign and increase gameplay, below is a summary of the main features:

-8 new playable nations: Lithuania, German Order, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Kiev, Ireland, Norway, Principality of Antioch, Mongolian stake.
    -New Ship Models, General Models and Castle
    Models on the Campaign Map -Bautable Mercenary Camp (after DetscheibareM
    Event) -Historically Correct Banners, Buttons, Flags
    -Any Amount of New Skins
    -Many New Loading Screens, Event Images, Interface and In-game Graphics
    -Graphic Improvements (Dust Clouds, Simmer Traces, Longer Down Arrows, etc.)
    -New units and newly
    integrated for all
    factions -A lot of
    new buildings -Over 100 new Ancillaries -Changed launch conditions and
    positions -Rebels appear reduced
    -Alliance structure improved, Longer-holding alliances
    -AI is no longer quickly destroyed by enemy AI/does not die out
    -Saxony integrated
    as another horde fraction -All features integrated
    from Kingdoms -Stone forts with 10 maintenance-free units
    -New triggers and traits
    -Different support scripts for The AI
    with which, among other things, the difficulty level can be customized (field costs, building costs, garrison script, etc.)
    -Active Rebel AI, builds buildings and strengthens regions
    -Revise all unit values, unit upgrades and maintenance costs and adapted to the new SuS AI.
    -Optimized Campaigns
    AI -Improved Battle Mechanics

-AI Recruitment Behaviour
    Revised -Over 100 New Events
    -Integrated Heroes
    (William Wallace, Richard Lionheart,
    Saladin) -85 new Provinces -Mod available

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Blog Entries

Danke schön.

Changed the link in the OP to link to your post instead of the German forum.