View Poll Results: Which TWO are your favourite AARs? (2 VOTES)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Earn a Kingdom

1 16.67%
  • New Town

4 66.67%
  • Derc Plays Through World History

2 33.33%
  • Written in Sand

1 16.67%
  • Toutatis Favours the Brave

1 16.67%
  • An Uruks Tale

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: MAARC LXXXVI - VOTING THREAD

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default MAARC LXXXVI - VOTING THREAD

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

The Writers' Study Presents:
    MAARC LXXXVI

Voting

You have TWO votes. You must use BOTH votes; you need to cast BOTH at the same time.

If you use the wrong number of votes, please send a private message to the competition organiser before voting ends,
    indicating which submissions you wanted to vote for.

If you use the wrong number of votes and do not contact the organiser before voting ends, then none of your votes will count.

Advertising

Advertising of the competition is allowed. Inviting people to vote for their favourite AAR is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Submission 1 To Earn a Kingdom

To earn a Kingdom is the tale about the Northern Dúnedain and their rise to power. The war in the North is over and our heroes set out on a even more perilous quest to save Middle-Earth. Eldarion takes the lonely road south, following Anduin the Great. Having reached Nen Hithoel, the Prince must now make his choice, West or East.

Submission 2 New Town

The daughter of the Carthaginian Emperor arrives in a city of merchants to try to prevent a war,
    while armies march to the borders and spies plot the downfall of an empire...

Submission 3 Derc Plays Through World History

My pictures are many, my creativity is none. In the shade of olive trees, they said Italy could never be conquered. In the land of Pharaohs and Kings, they said Egypt could never be humbled. In the realm of forest and snow, they said Russia could never be tamed. Now they say nothing. They fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in pictures and words! I say: I am Derc, I am playing through world history!

Submission 4 Written in Sand

Alexander's armies broke the might of the East, but the greed of Greek hearts could not be contained, and with Alexander's death his empire was consumed by rivalry and ambition. As the western invaders worry one another in their long-standing feuds, a new power is rising, a power born of the sands and hot expanse of the desert. Out of Rekem the Nabati are rallying. They will unite the tribes of Arabia and lead them in a final stand against the arrogant Greeks who dare to call themselves "master". They will show them the price of tyranny.

Submission 5 Toutatis Favours the Brave

"The story of the Nervii continues. Boduognatus and his warriors have survived their first challenge, but their future is still not set in stone. Prophecy says four men are destined to decide the fate of all Gaul, and it is said that Boduognatus is one of them. But prophecy is a fickle mistress.... Now the Nervii must face the might of the southern tribes as they advance into the lands of the Suessiones. A tribe with a proud history they will not take kindly to the Nervii's approach. Battle awaits!"

Submission 6 An Uruks Tale

Malthur the orc acquired an army and walked out of Mordor. Now he's dealing with leadership and inhuman resources administration issues and wondering if camping in a pleasant location on the edge of an ancient forest might have been a mistake.

Best of luck to all the entrants!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: MAARC LXXXVI - VOTING THREAD

Voted, good luck!

I am glad to see a full competition here, and these are all solid entries! Voted!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great to see a full competition! Very excited... and voted! Best of luck ye merry writers!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Voted. Good luck everyone, and as others have said its nice to see so many entries.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.