Thread: I come to propose a NEW MOD about Sir Francis Drake

Default I come to propose a NEW MOD about Sir Francis Drake

I had heard about Sir Francis in the Uncharted game series but never really researched it. And recently I did some research on your travels and I am fascinated! And I wonder, "how did someone not make a mod about it for Medieval II?", And therein lies the question, of making a mod about this fascinating story.

Historical basis:
    In 1577, Drake is instigated by a secret mission from Queen Elizabeth I, to invade Spain's peaceful coast across the Pacific Ocean. And on December 13, 1577, Drake sets out on his mission to plunder the Spanish treasury in the New World with 5 ships and 164 men. On the route to the New World, Drake captures Portuguese and Spanish ships, in these ship captures, Francis captures a Portuguese navigator who knew the South American coast well, and became his guide.
    In January 1578 he docks on the island of Cape Verde. In February, after a tough 63-day trip across the Atlantic with no land in sight, Drake arrived on the coast of Brazil in April of that same year. Descending to the coast he found it difficult in the South Seas to reach Porto San Julian in June. Then he decided to wait for the winter storms to pass. Drake faces a riot and executes the leader. In August, now with 3 ships, he continued to the south, faced storms in the Strait of Magellan. In the midst of storms, Drake misses a ship named Marigold. And another ship, Elizabeth sailed back and fled home. Only the Golden Hind was left.

After that historical basis. The mod starts in November 1578, with Drake supplying his supplies on an island calledIsla de Mocha, off the coast of present-day Chile, but right away a confrontation with native tribes has already begun that confused the English with the Spanish. The rest of Drake's adventures can be seen in the documentary that I will leave below.
    Like Rome 1 mods such as EB and FRRE, it should contain scripts with missions in chronological order for Drake to complete, example:

On the north coast of present-day Peru (location of Drake and his fleet)

"News spreads and reaches Drake's ears that a galleon containing the Spanish treasure has been seen near Panama. Drake must win the battle against him and capture the treasure."

This is just an example but this big mission will have to be fought at sea, probably by the mechanics in Medieval 2, it will be in self-solving.
    Drake will make several plunder to the coast of the Spanish Empire in the Americas and eventually in another scenario he will go through the complete tour around the globe, passing through Indonesia, the Indian Sea passing through the Cape of New Hope and arriving in England. This will be the basis of the mod I proposed.

My knowledge in creating mods is almost nil, if anyone proposes to make it real, I will be grateful for the help, but my collaboration will only be guiding with the events in chronological order.

I know that books on the subject have not yet been read to indicate.

Link:
    https://youtu.be/WiwEwSdKh0c

(Anyone who wants to make this happen, talk to me here or in private)

Default Re: I come to propose a NEW MOD about Sir Francis Drake

I plan for him to have battles on land and at sea and around the world. It will begin in 1578 and end in 1581, with Drake completing the world tour.
    The campaign map will have to be made almost from scratch, following the lines of the Americas expansion map and will have to be as detailed as possible.

Who is a molder, help this happen ...
    Other sources in Drake:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Drake

[IMG]americas1.jpg[/IMG]

Pensei no mapa da campanha nas Américas assim. Começa no Chile e termina na Califórnia. Claro que com missões.

Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; July 02, 2020 at 12:01 PM.

With a greater number of shifts per year, I thought in all 12 shifts that is equivalent to 1 month and the 12 is equivalent to 1 year.

Family Tree

Drake will only be in the family tree and his wife in the mod will be dead to represent that he had no children (with her at least)

Battles

In Drake's looting on the Pacific coast, there were not many naval battles, but looting of coastal cities rich in gold, silver. If you have the option of plundering and leaving the city it will be ideal to represent the historic view of the mod, but if not at least conquer and paeta for another.

Retrato de Drake:

Name: Francis Drake

Considering naval battles in this game are what they are, you want a mod in which you just sack a few cities? I don't think anyone is going to make a whole new map for something so limited in scope. This game's engine doesn't seem like the one to use for such a mod.