Thread: Unit Variant Color for Lion Chariot?

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

Default Unit Variant Color for Lion Chariot?

Trying to get the Chracian Lion Chariot to have red and white chracian colors. So i added the unit to UnitVariantColors and it kinda worked. The chariot itself is now red and white but the lion armor and the charioteers are still wearing blue. How do i change the crew so they have the right variant color too?
    In the immortal words of mr t "Remember kids eat you milk, drink your greens, don't do sleep, and get at least 8 hours of drugs."

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Unit Variant Color for Lion Chariot?

Good for you, I just did that today.

It's something CA changted in the latest DLC.

you normally have a line in the unit_variant_colour table, with "soldier" for "Soldier Type" column.

Before this was for the crew and the chariot. Now, it only applies to the chariot (go figure why "soldier" means "chariot???")

If you want to change the crew, you need to add a new line with "autonomous_rider" for "Soldier type".

And if you also want to change the horses, you need a third line with "mount".
    Last edited by Steph; June 26, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Unit Variant Color for Lion Chariot?

thank you!
    In the immortal words of mr t "Remember kids eat you milk, drink your greens, don't do sleep, and get at least 8 hours of drugs."