Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

It helps a lot with the stability of old 32bit games. Can't help with script\file issues, though.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

I have crossed the entire 14th century without any crashes at all, whatsoever, not even a single one in 100 turns. I've never had to turn on the battle CTD fix. It's either this virtual RAM extension, or the new patch, but most likely both.

Hello everyone, i installed the mod as Gigantus told. I made some quick battles which were nice. But I can't play the campaign at all. It just crushed when i click to start campaign with error of medieval 2 encountered unspecified bla bla. What can i do to fix this

Fk this mod man. I played lands to conquer for years and not even one fking crash occured. For years! this mod is with full of bugs!

Blog Entries

Can't win them all, see the poster above you.

A crash when starting the campaign can have multiple reasons. Did you apply the patch?

Hello Gigantus. Really appreciate your work here man. So many crashes made me so angry. Are you talking about where you said 'This patch fixes the above issues'? I installed it. I changed compability to windows xp3 and finally started to a campaign and i said to myself 'wow this was all the reason to crashes' and then hit turn and boom crashed again. I started another campaign and crashed again. It doesnt crash right after i click, its when loading bar gets full. By the way i play battles without any issue

Also i used laa to see any difference, nope...

I player lands to conquer mod wuthout any issue not one crash. That mod is not kingdoms mod so i really thing these issues related to kingdoms files

Quote Originally Posted by Sagopa View Post
    I played lands to conquer mod wuthout any issue not one crash. That mod is not kingdoms mod so i really thing these issues related to kingdoms files

Finally found problem. I cut and paste whole medieval 2 file outside program files and game worked weirdly.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

Would it be possible to feature chainshot as anti-troop ammunition for certain types of cannons in a future patch, like this in the Borgias TV series? While I'm not sure it really was used at that time, it was certainly used in the early 17th century, and as this mod covers almost the entirety of the 16th century, I don't think it would be a stretch to give this feature to some of the later cannons, like the basilisk. I love the grapeshot of grand bombards for its troop killing potential, and grand bombards themselves for their destructiveness against walls, which is why I never use any other cannons once I have these. Chainshot, if possible, would be a (morbidly) fun reason to upgrade when newer types of cannons become available.

I understand newer cannons can lay stakes, but since they can't fire grapeshot, I have no reason to keep them in front of my troops and exposed to cavalry, so I'd keep them behind them on a hill anyways. Some of them say they have explosive shots, but I've found that's only in word and explosive shots have apparently been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopronim View Post
    Would it be possible to feature chainshot as anti-troop ammunition for certain types of cannons in a future patch, like this in the Borgias TV series? While I'm not sure it really was used at that time, it was certainly used in the early 17th century, and as this mod covers almost the entirety of the 16th century, I don't think it would be a stretch to give this feature to some of the later cannons, like the basilisk. I love the grapeshot of grand bombards for its troop killing potential, and grand bombards themselves for their destructiveness against walls, which is why I never use any other cannons once I have these. Chainshot, if possible, would be a (morbidly) fun reason to upgrade when newer types of cannons become available.

I understand newer cannons can lay stakes, but since they can't fire grapeshot, I have no reason to keep them in front of my troops and exposed to cavalry, so I'd keep them behind them on a hill anyways. Some of them say they have explosive shots, but I've found that's only in word and explosive shots have apparently been removed.
    I know they used that in Naval warfare to cut through sails and cables of the enemy ships to handicap them. Don't know what effect it should have on walls or men.

Hello everyone,
    I have been following this thread since its creation. After reading every single post I would like to summarise what fixes have been suggested here and my experience with them.

1. By now, I am 99.9% sure that I have installed the mod correctly after reinstalling it 3 or 4 times to check for different results. I have also installed the hotfix multiple times with different methods (install on desktop, then drag & drop + the "normal" installer way).
    2. My game is not installed in Program Files, it's installed on a second hard drive.
    3. I applied the 4GB patch.
    4. Did not try the fix suggested in post #111 yet.

Some things I have tried already:
    1. Verified the game files mutliple times via steam to check for corrupted/missing files in the base installation.
    2. Changed my game language from German to English in case that might have caused any problems (in the German version of the game there are missing voices if I remember correctly).
    3. Used the most basic settings in the SS setup (AI, disabled RR/AOR, permanent watchtowers) and disabled v-sync in the config.
    4. Tried different campaigns with different factions.
    5. Tried different mods, namely DaC and Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod to see if I encounter any problems there.

My experience/observations:
    My problems with the mod were and still are CTDs in loading screens, especially before and after battles. This was reproduceable everytime I played. In my testing, the hotfix, which is supposed to fix loading screen related CTDs, did not make a difference at all or I did not notice any. I ensured that I installed the hotfix correctly by using different methods as mentioned above and running the file checker again, which came back as 83 files bad and 1 missing. As Gigantus has stated in this thread before, the file checker verifies the original files and the result speaks for a correct installation, because the hotfix modified the original files. I think there is still a problem in the current Stainless Steel installation, which causes these CTDs. In the other mods I have tested, I encountered only 2 CTDs, which where not loading screen/battle-related. Other than these annyoing loading screen CTDs I have had only a few end-turn crashes, so this installation is already more stable than the older one. I will add a few lines of my system log below, where a siege was innitiated with a crash following in the loading screen. Since I study history and not computer science, I will paste the lines of the log where I think the siege/loading screen was initiated and warning/error lines are situated. I hope someone can read logs and maybe find the problem, which is hopefully applicable for everyone still encountering this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    01:27:20.522 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.541 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    01:27:20.541 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    01:27:20.591 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/descr_quotes_lookup.txt (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.591 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3BB4B140,36960
    01:27:20.591 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3BB4ABF8,6993
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [trace] file open,,58DCDAE8,,not found
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/fonts/font_14.cuf,328227
    01:27:20.592 [system.io] [info] open: found data/fonts/font_14.cuf (from: packs/localized.pack)
    01:27:20.593 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/fonts/font_14.cuf,,,-328227
    01:27:20.594 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/loading_screen.tga.dds
    01:27:20.594 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/loading_screen.tga
    01:27:20.594 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/loading_screen.tga.dds
    01:27:20.594 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/loading_screen.tga
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_1.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_1.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_2.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_3.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_4.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_5.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.595 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_6.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_7.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_8.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_9.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_10.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_11.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_12.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_13.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.596 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_14.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_15.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_16.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_17.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_18.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_19.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_20.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.597 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_21.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_22.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_23.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_24.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_25.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_26.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_27.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.598 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_28.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_29.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_30.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_31.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_32.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_33.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_34.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.599 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_35.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_36.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_37.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_38.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_39.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_40.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_41.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.600 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_42.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_43.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_44.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_45.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_46.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_47.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_48.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_49.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.601 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_50.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_51.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_52.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_53.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_54.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_55.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_56.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_57.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_58.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_59.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_60.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_61.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_62.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_63.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.602 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_64.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_65.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_66.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_67.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_68.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_69.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_70.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_71.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.604 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_72.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_73.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_74.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_75.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_76.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_77.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_78.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.605 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_79.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_80.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_81.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_82.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_83.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_84.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_85.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_86.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_87.tga
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_61.tga,2152964
    01:27:20.606 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_61.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.663 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,262188
    01:27:20.664 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.665 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.665 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3BB4AD98,6993
    01:27:20.665 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.665 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.665 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,262188
    01:27:20.666 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ss6.3/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: G:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:27:20.726 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

At this point I want to thank Gigantus for creating this installer in first place and I hope my post can eventually help to fix this otherwise awesome mod!

I would like to correct my previous post by adding that it were 82 and not 83 files flagged as "bad" after the verifying process. Just in case anyone wants to compare or it makes a difference.

Sorry for the "spam", but my rather long post has not been reviewed by a moderator yet, so I basically corrected my post that has yet to come.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 04, 2021 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Merged.

Do I extract files to Medieval mods folder?

Default Re: Patches, fixes and other animals

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

• There is an issue with the numerical sequence of quotes that can lead to a crash when a loading screen is starting up, eg after a battle.
    • Note for submods: For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing in the SS base installation (the repack uses the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:

Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

This patch fixes the above issues.
    When I try to start the mod from launcher I get "Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit." I installed everything the right way though.

Edit: Nevermind fixed the issue its working fine. God bless for making Stainless Steel easy to install Gigantus
    Last edited by Muramasa1794; August 09, 2021 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries

@zocker - the 'hotfix' is addressing an issue with continuity in the quotes which leads to loading screen crashes. The suggestion in post #111 deletes the relevant files. Both, the main installer and hotfix' are automated installers and shouldn't require any changes in set up unless your registry is corrupted in which case the installer cannot find the M2TW directory.
    The file verification will only work when executed at the end of the installation. The first run, as well as the initial set up (AI etc) will result in files being created\copied\edited and hence those 83 files will get flagged at a later verification.

@muramasa - glad you got it sorted out.

I hope this isn't too goofy a question, but where exactly is the M2TW main directory? When I tried using the installer, i just got the "myproduct" installation path, even after un and reinstalling M2TW. just for context, im playing the definitive edition on steam. If I could just be given the proper installation path for my situation, that'd be really helpful

@Gigantus I'm kinda lost here. Last time I've installed SS 6.4 was 1 year ago in the middle of May. It says I have bugfix compilation v 1.27. Do I have to install this newest version? Seems like there are some changes - for example I see that scorched earth is now turned on

Blog Entries

'MyProduct' - as it says during the installation: in that case browse to your medieval ii total war directory which in steam is usually in this path: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War"
    --------------
    I released this repack by taking the original installation and adding meloo's fix to it. That's about it, apart from some minor stuff that I listed in the history.

The main objective was to make the installation easier, especially for Steam users, but also for Mac.

Icon4 Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Alot of the bug fix compilations ive found are outdated or something. I click on download and the website for download doesnt work anymore (Meloo fix etc). Having fun playing a campaign but SO many crashes on battles. Finish and win a hard battle... only for it to CTD whn going back to map. AAAAAAHHHH!

Can you repost links or thread for these bug fix compilations? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    'MyProduct' - as it says during the installation: in that case browse to your medieval ii total war directory which in steam is usually in this path: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War"
    --------------
    I released this repack by taking the original installation and adding meloo's fix to it. That's about it, apart from some minor stuff that I listed in the history.

The main objective was to make the installation easier, especially for Steam users, but also for Mac.