Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

borokman's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Thanks for this,

I was wondering if there's any way to revert the music to vanilla M2TW? I've tried deleting the music in the sounds folder, putting the vanilla music in the music folder and deleting the dat files but every time the game regenerates the dat files, everything else (voices, sfx, etc) becomes silent. Any help would be appreciated.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You would need an original data\descr_sounds_music.txt file (which you can get from my Bare Geomod installation). Rename the SS file (to have a back up) and then copy the one from BG into SS.
    Now remove the two events files in SS's data\sounds directory and start the game.

If I put limited access on settings, will AI also limited?

Blog Entries

Which setting will that be exactly?

Good day!
    I've started late byzantine campaign in 6.4(gracul Ai) and Turks accepts peace with 2 setlements given to him
    Then I've heard about bug fix 1.27 meloo and installed it. In this case Turks accepts peace at first turn for no extra condition
    So I don't know what to do. I want to play with bug fix, but it's become easier with turk giving peace at first turn
    Could someone give a advise

Blog Entries

The Meloo Fix addresses a couple of issues which may help in the long run, but otherwise it's a matter of personal preference I guess.

Default Re: Instalación completa para acero inoxidable 6.4, Meloo Fix, compatible con Steam

[CITA=Gigantus;16008256] Su paquete de idioma ruso será el problema, aunque los sonidos ambientales deben ser compatibles, solo afectaría el habla. Si estás en Steam, puedes cambiar el idioma al inglés, lo que resolverá el problema del habla.

También puede probar lo siguiente: - entrar en la carpeta data\sounds y eliminar todos los archivos IDX y DAT (mantener en otro lugar como copia de seguridad) - iniciar el mod de nuevo - Si obtiene resultados aún más extraños o un accidente a continuación, copie esos archivos de nuevo[/QUOTE]

Buenas noches, queria hacer una consulta , tengo un error al elegir faccion e iniciar partida me saca a la pantalla principal del juego en vez de iniciar la partida. Alguien sabria solucionarme ese error?
    Tambien queria pedir si alguien tiene la traduccion del juego a español. Muchas gracias

Blog Entries

@ Favio

You need to install the fix as well. I am not aware of a Spanish translation.

Hello, just tried to download the zip file and extract and I am getting an error, is the download link still good? Thanks

Blog Entries

It's still good - I am guessing you are talking about the torrent download? What kind of error do you get after extracting? Remember that you will need to have a torrent application like bittorrent installed to run the file.
    Otherwise use the alternative links (mega, google drive, mediafire).

Yes, I was just trying to unzip it like I have in the past. Never used a torrent applilcation before. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Glad we got that sorted out.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

The G5 Emergency Battle CTD Fix technically works for me, but in practice this 1.27 bugfix compilation has made things worse. I have started a new campaign and I had to turn the Battle CTD Fix on for literally every settlement battle because they all crashed, and I have so far fought a bit over 20 in this campaign. I am running the game on lower settings than I used to before (lowest possible, in fact) and this still happens. It didn't happen before. I didn't even need the Battle CTD Fix because my game rarely crashed before/during/after battles, except, for some reason, whenever I fought at Scopia. It usually crashed on the campaign map during AI turns. It still crashes there and now I also have problems saving it because saves sometimes get corrupted. This never happened before I downloaded the 1.27 bugfix compilation. Additionally, I am not completely unable to use what I consider the most fun unit in the game (kudos for making them, btw), the Greek Firethrower, because it always crashes my game. It only sometimes did before and I was generally unable to repeat the crash emulating the same conditions.

By the way, why have units been renamed to companies? Companies are an Early Modern term, they didn't exist in the Middle Ages.

I respect the noble desire to improve this mod, but so far I have not been capable to understand what was improved here and I might need help with that. The problem might lay on my side, I admit that I am not exactly a computer whiz.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

Edit: I am now completely unable to use the Greek Firethrower instead of "I am not completely unable to use the Greek Firethrower". Typo. I'm struggling to find the edit post button. As I said, I am not exactly a computer whiz

Blog Entries

I basically took the Stainless Steel installers and then installed the Meloo Fix on top of it. From that I created an automated, steam compatible installation. Nothing else got changed, the quick fix in the second post addresses some issues I found later - especially the loading screen crash. Have you applied that?

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

Yes. That's what my first post was supposed to be about. Now I have to apply it before every settlement battle, even if the armies fighting are small. Before I downloaded this fix, my game rarely crashed on the loading screen before battles, during battles and on the loading screen after battles, if I made sure to drop my graphics settings to the bare minimum before battle and before exiting battle. Funnily, the battle itself worked fine and without any lag if I increased the settings to their maximum values during the battle. Now I have lag if I do this. I did get battle-related crashes before, but they happened rarely and weren't a serious concern, yet now, as I said, I need to turn this thing on before every settlement battle. It is as if some graphics got increased in the newest patch and now requires more resources. I would say it is a building texture, because my game starts lagging whenever I hover the camera over a city on the battle map. Oddly, this lag is only present during the unit deployment phase and it randomly (!?) stops either some time during the deployment phase, or when I click "start battle". My building detail is set to lowest.

As I mentioned, interestingly, before I downloaded this, although I rarely got battle crashes otherwise, my programme would always crash if I fought a battle at Scopia. I always had to autoresolve those. I don't actually know what it's like now, because in this campaign I managed to take Scopia in a pitched battle and didn't have to lay siege.

What was an issue for me in previous campaigns, which I played without the latest patch, were AI turn crashes, especially Rebel turn crashes. I have got several AI turn crashes during my newest campaign by now, but none of them were critical and I have always been able to continue the campaign by simply restarting the programme. However, the critical ones usually happened somewhere in the 1300-s, and I am currently yet to venture there.

Thank you for responding, and quickly too, and wishing to help. I am actually more curious to know what's causing these weird crashes to solve a mystery, than to fix my own problem. It has become a game of its own Sadly, I am not really a Sherlock Holmes of computer language...

Blog Entries

If my repack gives you that much grief you could install the original (without meloo fix) from google drive. Rename my repack's directory before doing so. Download all files into one directory and run the two exe files one at a time, the bin files will be automatically used.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

I am currently doing a test run. I'm going to see if my campaign can pass through the 1300-s without encountering the Rebels' turn crash that has effectively ended every campaign I've so far played. If it doesn't happen, then all those little annoyances are worth it. If it still does, I guess I'll have to upgrade my computer to play Attila. Thanks for the help anyways.

Blog Entries

You may want to have a look at this to reduce memory issues.

Kopronim's Avatar Laetus

It hasn't prevented the Rebels' turn crash, but it has apparently fixed my issue with settlement battles and the Greek Firethrower. I have just fought a battle that had always crashed and this time it didn't. Only one such so far, but my hopes are high. Seems like a useful little tool.