Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Did you install the updated patch? It addresses an issue that is prone to lead to 'loading screen' crashes. See second post.

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

Yeah but still I had a lot of crashes... But fear not! I think I have found a sollution!

1. Download mod from https://www.moddb.com/mods/stainless...nless-steel-64 and install it, as you have suggested.
    2.a. Copy medieval.exe in the main folder of m2tw and paste it in desktop (this is for those who have steam)
    b. Rename the medieval.exe in your desktop to kingdoms.exe and put it in the folder of m2tw
    3.Download and install this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098
    4.Download and run this https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 on medieval.exe and kingdoms.exe

I'm playing Later Era Byzantium, 30 turns in and still no CtDs!
    I hope this is helpful for anyone interested.

Blog Entries

That is kinda weird - because that's exactly what I did (modDB download plus meloo fix) for my repack - and then I use a small batch file during installation to do the copy\rename stuff. It's based on this.

Can't do #4 with the installer - while it's definetly helpful it also modifies the executable, plus it needs to be done manually. You may want to add win7 compatibility and admin rights for the executable files, procedure explained here.

Might have to do some extensive testing to see what the underlying issue is. As I have done the above I am curious if I will experience any issues.

xDagger's Avatar Laetus

Hi,

I've installed this fully but appear to have no Late Era campaign? Like it's just not there on the Singleplayer options list, if that makes sense

Blog Entries

You have to set it via the Stainless Steel launcher options.

Thanks for the mod, am I supposed to go through all of these posts to check for any uploaded hotfixes/patches ?

There is one patch mentioned on the first page in a separate post from the download post that is named patch 2, I can't find patch 1.

Page 3 mentions that there is an error when loading after a battle, something to do with quotes.

There is a hot fix on page 3.

Is there somewhere that shows all installation instructions and hotfixes/patches ?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Post #2 has the latest patch\fix. Download from there.

does the normal installation of SS not this one includes meloo fix ?? i'm not talking about this one the normal one

Blog Entries

The basic\original installation comes in two installers and does not include the Meloo Fix nor is it steam compatible. SSHIP does work with this version of Stainless Steel so I am not sure what the issue might be, you will however need to apply the patch in post #2 to avoid the faction banner issue if memory serves.

Hi all, have installed this version as I was getting continuous battle CTDs. But since installing this when I install BGR V and go to start a campaign I just get kicked back to the previous menu, and thus cannot play a campaign. It works fine with BGR IV so not sure what the issue could be. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Crash to menu is usually an issue with the descr_strat file, it usually leaves a clear message in the log. I am guessing that BGR might have changed something in descr_strat.

Thanks for the help.

About 30 turns in as Castile I'm having my first battle against Portugal and as soon as the two armies are about to clash there's a CTD. I've had it repeat twice now. I assume it's a problem with one of Portugal's unit files.

Any ideas ?

I'd like to try everything I can before doing a full reinstall.

I'm also having issued with CTDs before a battle, though I make sure to always save before commencing a battle and then I just reload.

Not sure if there is a fix for it ?

Edit: I made a custom battle as Castile V Portugal and recreated their army composition, aside from four mercenary units. (1x yellow/brown spear unit 2x red mace unit 1x crossbow)

1x General
    6x Militia Spearman
    1x Mailed Knights
    1x Javelin light cav

I couldn't reproduce the crash, I used "spanish plains" battle map and the battle was outside of Lisbon so I assume that's the same as the CTD battle map.

I tried retreating from the initial battle and fighting again when the Portugese army attacked me on a different campaign map tile, incase the battle map was causing the CTD but the CTD still happened.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Second Edit:

I auto resolved the battle, lost, and used another stack the next turn to engage the same Portugese stack. Their units hadn't changed, and I could fight them with no CTD.

Wierd .
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; January 08, 2021 at 01:44 PM.

Coming back to TW after many years.
    I assume that this mod works perfectly with the gold edition when fully patched?
    Thanks.
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Can I use this SS6.4 with SSHIP?

SSHIP says that it needs to be without the bugfix compilation but I can't find any version that doesn't have it? I'm confused.

Hello, not sure if I should post it here, but I have some strange problem. I played SS vanilla a few years ago and nothing like this happened.

During battles, a single or a few units to which I have just given an order become unavailable. It happens for several seconds every two minutes or so. This happens very often at the beginning of battles. During this the units continue their last order and nothing can't be done. It looks a bit like no unit is selected. (Pic rel)

I'm playing as mongols, late era, Gracul AI, castle ac for all, limited activite., longer assim., perm watch., Nothing really related to battles. At first, I thought it was due to G5 Really Bad AI hardcore add-on, but I disabled it, and it's the same. Very strange I have never seen anything like it.

https://i.ibb.co/6D0Bcg6/20210119235836-1.jpg
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 20, 2021 at 05:39 AM. Reason: As requested.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

well iff i try to install any mod on steam medieval2, the game craches when i try to open it. medieval2 sufferd fatal error and will now close. thats the messege. dunno why that is
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

getting crashes before and after battles, I assume the CTD is to do with the quotes as previously mentioned in this thread. Is the fix added to the install or have I missed a manual patch file ? Thanks.

CELTICEMPIRE's Avatar Libertus

I must be missing something. I downloaded the ZIP file. When I click on it, it asks me what app I want to use to open the file.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    getting crashes before and after battles, I assume the CTD is to do with the quotes as previously mentioned in this thread. Is the fix added to the install or have I missed a manual patch file ? Thanks.
    You needto apply the patch from post #2.
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICEMPIRE View Post
    I must be missing something. I downloaded the ZIP file. When I click on it, it asks me what app I want to use to open the file.
    Which ZIP file? The patch is an installer,a executable file that runs by double clicking it.

CELTICEMPIRE's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

Which ZIP file? The patch is an installer,a executable file that runs by double clicking it.
    I downloaded this: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4563