Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Any way to get the installer without the Meloo Fix? I want to try the new SSHIP but it doesn't seem to work with the new installer which contains it...
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Any way to get the installer without the Meloo Fix? I want to try the new SSHIP but it doesn't seem to work with the new installer which contains it...
    Nevermind, got it. (Doesn't work anyway...)
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

I do not think this version is compatible with BGR-V, because of the Meloo fix? Is there still any way to play BGR-V, since the old 6.4 install thread, without the Meloo fix, now links here.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I haven't tested the installation of BGR over this repack, have you tried it yourself? If memory serves BGR provides it's own files and requires some file editing from which I would assume that it will work.

There is still this older download available at modDB if you prefer.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

You may be interested in the the comparison between SSHIP and BGR. I used to be a huge fan of BGR until in ver. V Byg disabled all the other traits (no-BGR) while I'm interested in those.

Blog Entries

UPDATE

There is an issue with the numerical sequence of quotes that can lead to a crash when a loading screen is starting up, eg after a battle. This patch addresses the issue.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 08, 2020 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I haven't tested the installation of BGR over this repack, have you tried it yourself? If memory serves BGR provides it's own files and requires some file editing from which I would assume that it will work.

There is still this older download available at modDB if you prefer.
    I can't get it to work. After selecting a faction and starting a campaign it brings me back to the main menu instead of bringing me to the campaign map. In the last 10 pages of the BGR thread people describe similar issues when using BGR-V with certain versions of stainless steel, but not in particular your repack.

Thank you for the older download link, that does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You may be interested in the the comparison between SSHIP and BGR. I used to be a huge fan of BGR until in ver. V Byg disabled all the other traits (no-BGR) while I'm interested in those.
    I mainly wanted to try out BGR-V for the 12 turns per year. Do you know if any other submod has that option? For the rest SSHIP does sound great.

Blog Entries

Crash to menu is an issue with the descr_strat file. That could be multiple reasons, from simple typos to non existing traits\ancillaries. Without a log it's difficult to say where the installation of BGR causes a conflict.

Glad to hear the old Stainless download works in that aspect.

12 turns per year can be done on it's own, but it can be tricky to implement.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 08, 2020 at 07:40 PM.

UPDATE

There is an issue with the numerical sequence of quotes that can lead to a crash when a loading screen is starting up, eg after a battle. This patch addresses the issue.
    First off, well done the mod is amazing and the fixes are great. I have downloaded both Hot Patches to address the crashing every time I go in and out of battle however it continues to happen. Can you help or expand on the installation of the patch. Mine defaults to steamapps/common/medievil2/mods/6.3.

Thanks

Blog Entries

To test if it is still related to the quotes you could remove the two 'quotes' files from the data\text directory and the descr_transition_screen file in the data directory. The installation uses your registry entry to determine the installation path, which means as long the registry is fine it will end up in the right directory, even though it doesn't say mods\SS6.3 at the end because the installer adds that automatically.

To test if it is still related to the quotes you could remove the two 'quotes' files from the data\text directory and the descr_transition_screen file in the data directory. The installation uses your registry entry to determine the installation path, which means as long the registry is fine it will end up in the right directory, even though it doesn't say mods\SS6.3 at the end because the installer adds that automatically.

This seems to have worked, thank you. Once again great job on the mod. Any chance you could do a Game of Thrones one?

Blog Entries

Looks like the patch installation didn't work properly for you, but at least the mod is working now.

I did the initial installer for the long running 0.53 version of Westeros and a 'starter pack' for Ice and Fire - haven't got any plans otherwise.

hi all, returning to twc after many away, glad to be back. right, ive had an issue. all files were present etc.....but when trying to launch i get an error asking if kingdoms is present. it is and im stumped tbh, im a steam "definitive version" of m2tw user, any and all help would be great so PLEASE HELP!!. Thank you

Blog Entries

Are you sure you installed this version? Because it automatically solves that error during installation, you should have seen one of these three pics as mentioned in the OP:

If you are using an old installation then this will solve your issue.
    If you are using this installation then you have altered the installation path and the installation ended up in the wrong directory.

I spoke to soon. It works on a 50/50 basis basically. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the new 6.4 and the patch and it was working for a time and then it stopped. I removed the quotes and the desc transition file and again it works sometimes but more often then not it crashes after the battle is over and I click to close out of the battle map. Any additional ideas? When I run quick battles and quit unresolved their isn't any issue however any campaign battle where fighting occurs it crashes due to an unspecified error.

Blog Entries

If you have completely removed the quotes and transition files then the error will be related to something else - unfortunately I have no idea what it could be. Should you continue having this issue then I would suggest to try the old version which does not include the meloo fix - it's still available at moddb.com

If you have completely removed the quotes and transition files then the error will be related to something else - unfortunately I have no idea what it could be. Should you continue having this issue then I would suggest to try the old version which does not include the meloo fix - it's still available at moddb.com
    I installed the regional knight patch as well. Could this have anything to do with the issue?

Blog Entries

It's always a possibility, there is no system to figure beforehand if a combination of patches\submods\additions are compatible.

Gigantus hey, all sorted thank you. Big shout out to you developers. I havent played m2tw or any mods for going on 10 years. i recently picked a copy of what was my favourate and yep....it still is. This mod is awesome im completely blown away!
    Thank you guys great work!!!!

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks Gigantus for your effort, but I have to say that every second battle is a ctd once the battle is done. It's really frustrating to repeat the same battle, especially when it was a close one. Any ideas on how to fix it?