Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

What has Gigantus changed and can I address my issue mid-campaign?

My issue: I have always been able to edit the edu file mid-campaign to alter unit stats as I play. Now with the latest 6.4 by Gigantus, when I do this, the game crashes on campaign load. Is there anything else I can do to remedy this issue?

One more question: It has never been clear to me which of the two options has the weakest heretics. I imagine it to be the second - Weaker Heretics - but I've never been certain:

Weak Heretics - This modification makes all heretics slightly weaker!
    Weaker Heretics - This modification makes all heretics weaker!

Gigantus, your work is awesome, as always, but i'm just wondering about this. I think maybe you've designed this install with multiplayer in mind and you may have wanted to ensure that there was no tinkering with unit stats between turns. If so, you have been very successful on that!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 19, 2022 at 05:28 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I haven't changed any game files afaik - apart from adding Meloo's files. I did do some stuff with the start up arrangement to make it Steam compatible and in the course of it I may have provided CFG file entries (originally from Bare Geomod) that cause your edit issues: as per a recent conversation the 'allow_validation_failures = 0' entry may cause that issue, although it's supposed to be only for hot seat.
    Setting the value to 1 might solve the problem.

Weakest heretics: should be this one "Weaker Heretics - This modification makes all heretics weaker!"

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this and also the ones making it available on Steam. It's very much appreciated.

Haven't played TW games for years, but reading up on Russian history made me want to play as Kievan-Rus. I'm being constantly raided by the Cumans, while in constant conflict with the Polish, so everything is as it should be. The AI is so refreshing to vanilla, I feel like I'm on the verge of being outplayed every turn.

Thanks Gigantus. I did think to try switching the .cfg file to the one I was using before, but that didn't seem to help. Regardless, I have installed SS 6.4 the old way, so I won't bother with trying your cfg suggestion above.

Weaker Heretics! Ha, I was right all along. I really do suggest someone rewrite that so that it clearly states "weakest of the two, but still really strong" or some such thing. Though it could be just me who gets confused and it may be crystal clear to everyone else.

Thanks again, Gigantus, as always!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

haven't played SS in a few years and came back to the forum and am very pleased to find such an easy install now. great work sir!

Blog Entries

Enjoying finally playing SS after all these years, and a return to TW. I seem to be having the problem where no events are triggered. I will get minstrels and merchant fairs, but that's it. I checked the cfg file and disable_events is set to 0. Will reinstalling help? Rerun setup?

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

First of all, thank you, as always, for your work on this Gigantus. So pleased to have found this right when the Medieval II nostalgia called!

Second of all, is the Weaker Heretics submod working as intended? Because I'm having a pretty serious heretic problem...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purge the heretic.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	368940

This whole flood started with just one guy. I sent one priest to condemn him and he turned heretic. Then another to condemn my first priest. And another, and another... the heretic swarm just keeps growing! No successes, no failures, doesn't matter which heretic I target -- they always end up turning!

EDIT: To whoever gave me my first +rep in five years -- thanks! Lol
    Last edited by Dan the Man; May 10, 2023 at 03:49 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

LOL!!!

Maybe you should have just let him pass on by. Besides, this is part of the fun of the game.

Great screenshot!

Blog Entries

Burning heretics might be fun - but it's also fraud with danger for your priest as you found out. I am taking a guess here and say that the values for that have been changed in descr_campaign_db to make it harder.

Personally I rather use assassins to take them out.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 17, 2023 at 09:15 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Burning heretics might be fun - but it's also fraud with danger for your priest as you found out. I am taking a guess here and say that the values for that have been changed in descr_campaign_db to make it harder.

Personally I rather use assassins to take them out.
    The secret Bernardo Gui has awaken in Gigantus!

hello Gigantus how are you? I have a problem with stainless steel 6.4, when starting a company with Norway no character has a voice, when selecting a General, diplomat, merchant, spy or any unit does not make any voice sound, can it be solved? I appreciate your answer thank you very much

Blog Entries

Norway is in the Eastern European accent group together with kievan_rus, russia, poland, hungary, denmark and lithuania. Do these factions have working voices?
    If not then try the following: in the mod's data\sounds directory move the events.idx and dat file somewhere else and then start the mod - this will generate new files which then should enable the Eastern European accent for Norway.

thanks for your answer and I will try it

cut the events.dat and events.idx files and moved them elsewhere then start the game and try a new campaign with Norway and its characters are still mute, I left the game and moved to desktop the Voice.dat and Voice.idx files and start the game again with a new campaign with Norway but their persojanes are still mute I have the Stainless Steel 6.4

[QUOTE=Gigantus;16145243] Noruega está en el grupo de acento de Europa del Este junto con kievan_rus, Rusia, Polonia, Hungría, Dinamarca y Lituania. ¿Tienen estas facciones voces de trabajo?
    Si no, intente lo siguiente: en el directorio data\sounds del mod, mueva el archivo events.idx y dat a otro lugar y luego inicie el mod, esto generará nuevos archivos que luego deberían habilitar el acento de Europa del Este para Noruega. [/CITA]

the factions that have no voice are: Norway, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Grand Principality of Kiev and Novgoro. All other factions if they have their voices, can you help me solve it please?

[QUOTE=Gigantus;16145243] Noruega está en el grupo de acento de Europa del Este junto con kievan_rus, Rusia, Polonia, Hungría, Dinamarca y Lituania. ¿Tienen estas facciones voces de trabajo?
    Si no, intente lo siguiente: en el directorio data\sounds del mod, mueva el archivo events.idx y dat a otro lugar y luego inicie el mod, esto generará nuevos archivos que luego deberían habilitar el acento de Europa del Este para Noruega. [/CITA]

Blog Entries

If all factions you list have no voice then move their entry in descr_sounds_accents.txt to an accent that works and is reasonably similar. Then remove the events.dat and idx files again.

Non-English localization of the game (like yours) often have one accent missing - this is the way to fix that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 15, 2023 at 10:04 PM.

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Been playing sship but want to try out this one as well.

is this mod still being worked on or is this 2020 version the last version?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    Been playing sship but want to try out this one as well.

is this mod still being worked on or is this 2020 version the last version?
    This compilation is final unless someone made a new repack (honestly not much else that could be done without feature expansion on personal tastes) or the SS7.0 work is released, at which point that will be the update.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    This compilation is final unless someone made a new repack (honestly not much else that could be done without feature expansion on personal tastes) or the SS7.0 work is released, at which point that will be the update.
    thanks you. just downloaded it via google drive link but the folder says 6.3 instead of 6.4??!