Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by download page
    Simply extract the ZIP file (7Zip is freeware) and run the torrent file with your torrent application.

Default Re: Patches, fixes and other animals

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

• There is an issue with the numerical sequence of quotes that can lead to a crash when a loading screen is starting up, eg after a battle.
    • Note for submods: For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing in the SS base installation (the repack uses the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:

Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

This patch fixes the above issues.

Hi!

I installed the latest SS mod (with the bugfix compilation). I have constant crashes when loading a battle, or ending it. Sometimes I can do several battles without any crashes to desktop but most of them crash to desktop. I can restart and load the autosave, which usually doesn't pose any problems but sooner or later I have exactly the same issue. It's very annoying especially when I have several battles during a turn. The first one is usually OK, and then the second one crashes....

My PC is brand new and I've read several threads but can't find the solution. I've applied the above patch, but no improvement... I was wondering, is the 4GB patch included in the latest SS6.4 mod? Sorry if that is a stupid question ^^

Blog Entries

The 4GB patch is not included as it violates TWC's rules.
    By the looks of it you may not have installed the patch correctly as you appear to continue having the same issue.

Install the patch to your desktop, it will create a 'mods' directory, and then copy the content of it's SS6.3 sub directory into the mod directory with the same name.

Thank you I'll do that! By the way do you think it's still useful to install the 4GB patch?

Blog Entries

It will help if you encounter memory issues, like the UI becoming corrupted or excessive FPS lag during battles.

Hi gigantus,&nbsp;I have a problem with the SS setup, when I select the Early Era it throws an error that says "Error while trying to create temporary file. Operation Aborted"<br>

hi, I have a problem with the SS setup, when I select the Early Era it throws an error that says "Error while trying to create temporary file. Operation Aborted" and when I press ok another one pops up that says "Cannot read the start-keyword in file data/campaign/subb/zz2tpy.txt valid keywords are:append, translate, overwrite, replace"

Blog Entries

This is the section in the original file, it's right at the top:
    Code:
    [files]
    replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt with:
    timescale    0.50
    on:
    timescale    1.00
    <end>
    Have a look if you can find the file and then check the content: mods/SS6.3/data/campaign/subb/zz2tpy.txt
    You can find the SS6.3 directory by right clicking the desktop shortcut and choosing 'open file location'

hi, change the content of the file descr_strat.txt, the timescale was at 1.00 and change it to 0.50.
    the content of zz2tpy.txt is as follows:

timescale 0.50
    on:
    timescale 1.00
    <end>
    replace data\descr_campaign_db.xml with 2tpy_Devastation.xml from:
    <fort_devastation_distance uint="0"/>
    to:
    <army_devastation_modifier float="0.0"/>
    replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt with 2tpy_script.txt from:
    ;Adjust value for turn times, 1=1TPY, 2=2TPY, etc;
    to:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt with 2tpy_DisableAS.txt from:
    ;=================== AGEING SCRIPT ======================
    to:
    ;=================== CHURCH TITLES ======================
    replace data\descr_campaign_db.xml with 2tpy_conversion.xml from:
    <religion>
    to:
    </religion>
    replace data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml with 2tpy_settlement_income.xml from:
    <factor name="SIF_FARMS">
    to:
    </factor_modifiers>

Blog Entries

For some reason it appears that the first two lines are missing. Copy these lines to the top so that it looks like in my example.

Excuse me, what lines should I copy?

Blog Entries

These two lines from post #88:

Code:
    [files]
    replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt with:

Great work! Many thnx but can u add this new unit to ss6.4? I tried but couldnt as i know nothing about modding.
    Link> MR.CROW'S WARWAGON MINIMOD RELEASEEEEED!!!!! (twcenter.net)

When using this version of Stainless Steel, I am now having issues with using GEOMOD (didnt have these issues before) below is from the log file:

Error, Geomod v0.6.18 2021-03-12 11:43:30

The following labels do not correspond to any name:

Bobrok-Volynets
    Buy-Tur
    sekerpare

****************************************************************************************************
    Error, Geomod v0.6.18 2021-03-12 11:46:26

The family tree of the faction 'Kingdom of Sicily' refers to a character ('Emma d_Altavilla') untraceable in the list of the characters!

END

any assistance would be appreciated. If this is posted in the wrong area, apologies in advance.

Acrscout

Blog Entries

The first one is about entries in data\descr_names that are not present in data\text\names. Example:
    descr_names: Bobrok-Volynets
    text\names: {Bobrok_Volynets}Bobrok-Volynets
    Blue has to agree with red, in this case instead of slash an underscore is used

The second one is because of the surname being added in one of the three slots where the name appears (descr_strat file):
    Code:
    character_record        Emma,     female, age 30, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record        Simone,     male, age 7, alive, current_heir
    character_record        Ruggero,     male, age 5, alive, never_a_leader

;OLD;relative     Ruggero Guiskard,    Adelaisa,    Simone,    Matilda,    Ruggero,    Maximilla,    end
    relative     Ruggero d_Altavilla,    Adelaisa,    Emma,    Judith,    Simone,    Ruggero,    end
    relative     Romoaldo de_Montescaglioso,    Emma d_Altavilla,    end
    Change the blue entries to the same as the red one.

Thank you sir!

acrscout

Blog Entries

Hello Guys! First I want to say thank to Gigantus for there Repack, it is awesome and I like it very much! I have installed everything and everything works good except from one thing I do not have sound effects, like not all sounds I still hear people replicas when I click on them, but that is all, like I can not hear sounds of water or when I enter the town, or get a new message, can you help me fix this?

P.S : sorry for bad english it is not my native , and one point is that my main game Medieval 2 is in Russian language ( I thought that this can be my problem but I can not fix this or change them into English )

Blog Entries

Your Russian language pack will be the issue, although environmental sounds should be supported, it would only affect speech. If you are on Steam you can switch the language to English which will solve the speech issue.

You can also try the following:
    - go into the data\sounds folder and remove all the IDX and DAT files (keep somewhere else as back up)
    - start the mod again
    - If you get even weirder results or a crash then copy those files back

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Gigantus,

Thanks so much for making this, really makes it easy to get back into SS after a long hiatus, and thank the Gods you included the Meloo fixes, I hate the Heretics of Doom in vanilla SS.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 12, 2021 at 11:27 PM. Reason: LAA, sorry.