Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

IntroductionWhen the mod got released back in 2010 (?) with it's insistence on using the kingdoms executable that was perfectly fine. Even when Steam came on the scene with a different installation path the mod coped.
    And then Steam merged the kingdoms executable into the medieval2 executable and all bets were off. Eventually copying and renaming the medieval2 executable took care of that, but by that time there was already an additional patch out plus the fairly essential 'Meloo Fix' - making the installation a tedious affair.
    This one piece installer takes care of all that.

None of the mod's game files have been altered\edited. All 'rights' are with the original author(s).

InstallationThis is one of my 'click through' installations, some instructions follow underneath:

· As long as your registry is fine the installer will find the correct installation path. If not, simply follow the instruction displayed in the installer.
    · At the end of the installation a file verification will take place, allow it to finish, check for error messages (see picture in spoiler), close it and finalize the installation.
    · Also at the end will be a check if the kingdoms executable is present. If the file is absent then a renamed copy of the medieval2 executable will be created - the same principle as in my Steam Mod Fixer. The small BAT file will exit with one the these three messages:

wrong path
    - it means that Stainless Steel is not in the correct directory. This can only happen if the installation path was manually changed
    success - the kingdoms executable has been created, the default for Steam users who do not use the Steam Mod Fix method
    not needed - the default for disk users and Steam users you use the Steam Mod Fix method

· Steam users
    : no need to do anything extra - simply start the mod with it's desktop shortcuts once you have run the installer.

Spoiler for verification picture

Changes to original Installation26 June 2020
    - includes 6.3, 6.4 and Meloo Fix 1.27
    - file verification after installation
    - all small caps for easy MAC use
    - automated Steam Mod Fix
    DownloadTorrent Download - click here
    The original file is hosted by myself and the torrent file is hosted here at TWC, making it a totally safe download. Credit to Veteraan and Seether who were instrumental in seeding the torrent.

Mega.nz
    - thanks to VeteraanGoogle Drive - thanks to Lifthrasir Mediafire - thanks to Seether

Note: unfortunately "Byg's Grim Reality" is not compatible with this repack as has been confirmed by Heskey.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 04, 2023 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Google Drive link updated

Blog Entries

Default Patches, fixes and other animals

• There is an issue with the numerical sequence of quotes that can lead to a crash when a loading screen is starting up, eg after a battle.
    • Note for submods: For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing in the SS base installation (the repack uses the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:

Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

This patch fixes the above issues.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 09, 2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Patch update

Default Re: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible

Thanks Gigantus!

Great work.

Do you need a clean installation of SS6.3 right before install this one, right?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries

No - this includes 6.3, hence 6.4 FULL. I'll add the info to the 'Changes to Installation' section.

Perfect.

Thanks!

What about us few linux users? We cannot install the mod since its .exe and its specifically made with Windows in mind, is there any chance that you will upload the necessary files for us to install it manually without the .exe? i searched for the files but could not find them. Thanks

Blog Entries

There are some threads in this forum on how to install a mod for Linux\Mac, that might help.

Hey Gig

I wanted to reinstall 6.4 after playing some bannerlord.

[IMG]capture[/IMG]

Followed your process but wound up with the following error message when launching ss6.4 (see attached).

Let me know your thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	125 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	362181
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 18, 2020 at 11:01 PM. Reason: double post merged

Blog Entries

Your issue is with DirectX, not the game or the mod. Do follow the links in this search to resolve your issue.

Banner Lord is a Mount&Blade version, why did you have to uninstall M2TW\Stainless Steel? Not that it has anything to do with the issue I think.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 18, 2020 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Your issue is with DirectX, not the game or the mod. Do follow the links in this search to resolve your issue.

Banner Lord is a Mount&Blade version, why did you have to uninstall M2TW\Stainless Steel? Not that it has anything to do with the issue I think.

Yea it has nothing to do with the issue. This computer (newly built) doesn't have ss6.4 so I'm redownloading. I saw your quick fix page which is awesome as pre-installing ss6.4 was a nightmare. I'll follow that link to solve the issue.

Btw Bannerlord2 is fun but its too much of a grind atm. Not the biggest of fan when developers release games pre completion in order to drive some revenue/sales.

Saw someone post a Genoa campain win so I figured I would re-run a VHVH ss6.4 for fun. I've always wanted to win as Grand Dutchy of Kiev but its really tough.

Blog Entries

Hope you will fix your issue and enjoy restoring Genoa to it's deserved glory

Hi!, i have the common version of SS 6.4, and i think that this version could be better because it has the issues, so, i want to know if this version has the spanish translation, or i can paste our translation into the data folder of the mod, thanks for the futures replies.

Blog Entries

This is a repack of the 6.4 version plus the Meloo Fix - you should have no problem pasting your translation into the data\text folder. I suggest you make a copy of the folder before doing so.

Thanks, I installed this using wineskin on my mac. The installation went well, all files were valid and I was able to start the game. But after just some random clicking the game suddenly crashes. It just shuts down. Any idea how I can debug this further?

Quote Originally Posted by denccc View Post
    Thanks, I installed this using wineskin on my mac. The installation went well, all files were valid and I was able to start the game. But after just some random clicking the game suddenly crashes. It just shuts down. Any idea how I can debug this further?
    Exception Type: SIGSEGV
    Exception Codes: SEGV_MAPERR at 0x19100000198
    Crashed Thread: 33

Blog Entries

I am afraid I have no idea about mac - but in windows you can get crashes when you click too much in the faction selection screen or go back and forth between menu pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am afraid I have no idea about mac - but in windows you can get crashes when you click too much in the faction selection screen or go back and forth between menu pages.
    Ah thanks :p That was indeed what I was doing. I was clicking a lot and fast in the campaign map to choose a faction (sometimes it crashed then already) and sometimes when I went to the custom battle option after that. I will start a Campaign game then to check how that works. I've removed my Wine installation and have used Mac Bootcamps to install a full Windows partition too and installed M2 + the Mod there.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you got going again.

Just in case - there is a Mac\Linux forum that might be of some help if you run into trouble again.

Rilder's Avatar Miles

For some reason Stainless Steel just refuses to believe that the kingdoms.exe is in the medieval 2 directory, I mean it's there, the steammodfixer bat from this confirms it, other mods certainly work. Very odd.

Edit: Nvm windows being odd running the kingdoms.exe with admin privileges.
    Last edited by Rilder; August 09, 2020 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Found the issues.

Does this include the next heir ancillary?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast