Thread: Do you think it's possible to get source code from the CA?

Default Do you think it's possible to get source code from the CA?

I was thinking about this fact because in this game almost everything can be changed but one of the things that cannot be changed is the AI, as far as I understood only the formations and vaguely the behavior of the strategic AI can be changed but many things are hardcoded, I say this because in the end this could be said that it is an excellent game ruined by an AI that define terrible is little, in fact lately to make the game more balanced I manage almost zero leaving to the AI settlements ​​limiting myself to managing only settlements where the governor is the leader of the faction and doing only battles where he is in charge, this speeds up the campaign, increases the role play and balances the game at the same time increasing also in my faction the stupidity that the AI does, ​​of course it remains to me all the control of the troops in the strategic map and already only this is enough to make the game again enough in my favor, I play with medium difficulty because those high tend to unbalance the fighting, perhaps making the absurdly strong barbarians who can run away my legions creating absurdity just to keep the game balanced, I noticed however that the AI ​​has some advantage anyway even on medium difficulty, the only one I noticed for now it is that the maximum of the troops that her city or army can accommodate is 22 and not 20 then I seem to have read that it has some vague economic bonus but nothing that has to do with the most powerful bonuses that it has at higher difficulties .

In addition in battles I often use the virtual assistant because I blocked the view on the general and therefore it is difficult for me to manage all the troops, in short with these tricks I think I have made the game more balanced even at medium difficulty by increasing the AI ​​errors even in my faction, however, having improved AI thanks to the release of the source code could be great, obviously it is about the release of code to individuals for a fee and not to make the game open source.

RTW2 I have no idea if it has a better AI and unfortunately on my PC it lags too much, already the 1 tends to lag at maximum graphics, the 2 is just unplayable.

Default Re: Do you think it's possible to get source code from the CA?

I wish it were possible; Original RTW with no changes other than a truly crafty AI in both campaign and battle maps would almost be the perfect game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ostorius View Post
    I wish it were possible; Original RTW with no changes other than a truly crafty AI in both campaign and battle maps would almost be the perfect game!
    I learned that Paradox has released the source code of a game to at least one person I believe in exchange for the guarantee that they do not use it for profit but I do not know if they also require a sum of money and in any case it is another company, I do not know if the CA does the same.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Punctuation, man...

Anyway I doubt offering monetary compensation or whatever will sway their mind, and I'm unsure if it's been offered in one of the many times the community has previously requested the source code from CA, but they've said no many times in the past.

Maybe rome remastered can make things different, but the decision will come down to CA again I believe, not Feral (or maybe even SAGA?).
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |