Thread: Preference settings

Default Preference settings

Hi all.

First, I would like to express my compliments for all the work and the currently updated NTW3. I am quite new to mods for NTW (not new to TW series, have played for many years). Just decided recently to install NTW again, but got bit bored by the bad AI and easy SP campaign that I play. So I ended up searching for mods and installed NTW3 and I think its great. It has loads of good features that will enhance the game experience. However, there were a few items that are slightly "to realistic" for me.

For example, the units are walking fairly slow when getting tired or that the battles are much longer now due to the less hits per amount of shots.

For me it is great that there is more realism, however I am looking more for a mid way between those things. So, is there a way I could change this? Or it would be great to have a preference menu where you could enable/disable or change certain setting, such as walking speed, unites caps or how accurate the shots are. I quite like the idea of less kills per amounts of shots, but maybe this can be brought up bit higher. As I said it is slightly too realistic for me. I simply not always have the time to do a long campaign battle.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; June 26, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Preference settings

The Lordz Modding Collective has always worked to bring players a more realistic and historically accurate mod within the limits of the original NTW game that CA released.

The original ntw vanilla game was designed for short quick battles with cavalry & infantry units that run all over the battle map without getting tired. This was corrected in the NTW3 mods to slow the pace down to a more realistic pace. Sometimes it took all day to fight a battle with the out come usually determined late in the day. This gives the MP & Campaign players time to develop a tactical strategy and maneuver his units like the Napoleonic Generals did. The player also has the ability to speed up the battle play if he desires.

The musket accuracy reflects historical limits of the majority of weapons used during the Napoleonic period. They were seldom effective beyond 50 yards which called for close quarters combat with infantry lines slugging it out at close range.