Thread: Public order on hard

Decanus

Default Public order on hard

Hi,

I'm returning to this mod after a hiatus. A couple of questions. Firstly: is hard still the recommended difficulty level? Second: is it standard for public order on hard to be a huge problem at game's start? I've started up games with various factions, and several of them have double-digit negatives in public order from game's start.

Thanks in advance, and thank you also to the developers for all the work you've done on this mod.

Default Re: Public order on hard

Depending on the faction, yes it can be difficult at first. However, usually PO isn't a problem after the early game in my experience as long as you have a few buildings and maybe a governor to help.

Hard is recommended if you prefer a slightly more aggressive AI. Depending on the faction, you may prefer Normal but its all up to you. We do recommend Normal battle difficulty.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Campidoctor

Default Re: Public order on hard

I'm new to the mod, playing Rhodes on Normal, and public order is a bit confusing. Specifically, the numbers shown for positive/negative effects and predicted change next turn don't seem to match up with the level it ends up at the next turn. Instead, the numbers seem to jump around wildly, with big swings that aren't accounted for by the tooltips. E.g., I'm at -11 but it shows a net positive of +7 the next turn, instead it ends up at -43 or something.

I should mention I'm using a few submods (Age of Hellenism, Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensions, and PIGS), so I'm not sure if this is a vanilla DeI "issue" or perhaps a submod related one (likely cultural tensions). I also have no idea if I got them in the right load order which might be effecting it. But I like the challenge, I just wish I had a better idea of what to expect turn to turn, can't help but feel like there is some mechanic governing it that I just am not aware of or understand.

Any insight into possibly hidden or unaccounted for by tooltip mechanics governing PO to help better anticipate what it'll look like the next turn?

Edit: I think it was navy shore leave, I thought the negative PO from the popup was accounted for in the region PO tooltip but when I undock the navy the numbers seem to be what they should.