Thread: How do I get armies to rebel?

Default How do I get armies to rebel?

I'm trying to simulate the mercenary war while playing as Carthage and i got a big mercenary army which I wanted to make rebel after a war with Rome. My leader has high authority so i'm struggling to do this, is it better to have the army with a captain or a general with very low loyalty to get it to revolt. Is an army more likely to revolt if it's in rebel territory? What can i do to try and make the army revolt?

Default Re: How do I get armies to rebel?

I haven't noticed a greater tendency for revolt when an army is in enemy territory. And I haven't noticed much of a difference in defections between Captains and low loyalty FMs/Generals, but I go out of my way to make sure those don't happen. Ultimately I'd recommend using an FM so the army has a proper general that can evolve if he scores a win. Also Eleutheroi don't lay sieges if you haven't set the Campaign Difficulty to Hard.

If you're willing to install a submod then Lusitanio's working on one for Qarthadast, Mercenary War is included.

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post
    If you're willing to install a submod then Lusitanio's working on one for Qarthadast, Mercenary War is included.
    It's quite difficult to get armies rebelling when we want. They do happen and sometimes totally change my plans but when I wanted them to rebel they decide not to xD

Anyway, like Bailian said, I do have a submod that recreates the events of the Mercenary War. It's pretty great, I don't think it's very hard since I tested it myself and won all the battles quite easily (besides one that was composed by the first mercenaries who rebelled because they were the most experienced troops at the time for Carthage). But I will only release the submod after the next patch, so we must wait
    Last edited by Lusitanio; July 03, 2020 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks for that!

Sounds epic! Such an interesting forgotten war. Looking forward to your submod!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I wish I knew how to give the Seleukids this much love and by extension those around. Will have to teach myself some DIY