Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full install for TATW version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

Default Re: Full install for TATW version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the work, it is easy and fast, gg.

But i encounter a problem : i download only the first file, then i download the essential bugfix file, all seems fine. But there is the axethrowing dwarf bug that is still there. Well, it is for the moment the only bug i noticed, at each battle with axethrowing dwarves, when they fire, boom game crashes.
    So i don't know where i have to go to find a solution to that bug (and it may not be on this topic), but i was wondering : this known bug, was it fixed by your steam installation + essential bugfixes files ? I'm asking to know if i messed up the installations, or if it is normal.

Thank you,

Regards

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi, welcome to the forums!

The axethrower bug fix has been listed in the changelog for TATW 3.1 already. No idea why they'd crash for you.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

In ModDB site there is an "unofficial" TATW 4.0 . Is it based on a submod created here or its a non TWC related creation?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's a misleading rebranding of his submod by leo.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

It's a submod by Leo that has been in development on TWC since around the release of 3.2. Recently he released his submod as a standalone and is probably no longer active on TWC. He created the M2 modding discord and is active there.

Hi do, you have the text of the original descr.walls and descr_projectile.txt or the files. I was having an issue with ballista towers not firing in large cities, only in fortresses. I messed around with these two files trying to get it to work now my game won't play altogether. Thanks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Unpacking is king. Using the files from my Bare Geomod installation is another option. Making backups does help, too

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Unpacking is king. Using the files from my Bare Geomod installation is another option. Making backups does help, too

Thanks for the quick response. I am getting an error message while trying to run it that recommends i reinstall. I think I am just going to go that route.

Blog Entries

Which one? unpacking or bare geomod?

Hi, I have downloaded the Torrent, extracted the contents, but the .exe file does absolutely nothing when I double click on it. Do you know if anyone else has ever experienced this? I also tried right-clicking and running as admin, but again nothing happened. Any help you're able to give would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Right click the file and choose 'properties' and see if there is a check box with text about the file not being from your computer and if you want to run it. Could be that your system protection is set very high.

Edit: Never mind the above - there is no extracting after you have finished downloading. The extracted torrent file (only a few KB in size) will initiate a torrent download when double clicked. For that to work you need to have a torrent application installed.
    If you are not familiar\comfortable with this then I suggest to use one of the other links, those are all 'regular' downloads.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 26, 2021 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks for the reply, I meant the two executable installer which downloads from the torrent. However, I vaguely remembered going through a lengthy install process for The Third Age a few years ago and when I ran Medieval 2, TTA was already installed. Thanks again for the reply.

Blog Entries

The lengthy install will have been via the directory rename method (if you are on steam) - which is totally outdated and not required. The main reason why I made the repack is to have a simple, 'click through' installation as well as being compatible for steam and disk without any further input.

If nothing happened when you clicked either of the two exe files then I can only think of the described, initial reason. Windows might block it via a 'unknown source' warning, but as you said that nothing happens that won;t be the case (can be resolved by choosing 'show me more' or some such button. If you acquired the torrent file from somewhere else other then the download section here then I can't guarantee what else might be wrong.

I would however venture that if the size and date of the files agrees with the picture in the first post that you should be fine otherwise.

The lengthy install will have been via the directory rename method (if you are on steam) - which is totally outdated and not required. The main reason why I made the repack is to have a simple, 'click through' installation as well as being compatible for steam and disk without any further input.

If nothing happened when you clicked either of the two exe files then I can only think of the described, initial reason. Windows might block it via a 'unknown source' warning, but as you said that nothing happens that won;t be the case (can be resolved by choosing 'show me more' or some such button. If you acquired the torrent file from somewhere else other then the download section here then I can't guarantee what else might be wrong.

I would however venture that if the size and date of the files agrees with the picture in the first post that you should be fine otherwise.
    Yip, it would have been the directory redirect method. What I meant was that the mod works now as I had installed it previously.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Blog Entries

You're welcome, enjoy the mod.

Foederatus

Thank you for your work!

Blog Entries

Getting this error message when trying to install the 2nd part

"Third age has not totally installed because of the following:

Mods/thirdage_3/data/fmv/event/ring/stolenbik/. The file contains invalid data (error11FD). You will have to this run this utility again to completelt install Third Age Total War"

Do I need to uninstall and try again? I used MEGA NZ for the downloads. Help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
    Getting this error message when trying to install the 2nd part

"Third age has not totally installed because of the following:

Mods/thirdage_3/data/fmv/event/ring/stolenbik/. The file contains invalid data (error11FD). You will have to this run this utility again to completelt install Third Age Total War"

Do I need to uninstall and try again? I used MEGA NZ for the downloads. Help appreciated
    All fixed now - I used one of the other downloads and went again! Still can't get over just good this Mod is.

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back with your resolving. The error indicates that the particular download, eg part2, was faulty (most likely transmission error), downloading it again, in this case from an alternative download, was the correct solution.

Do enjoy the mod, also check out the various sub mods for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast