Thread: Several problems

Default Several problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Correct, 'full' was meant to indicate that it is a complete installation of up to version 3.2. Nothing else is needed to get to that version.
    ok, i just installed but i cant see Arnor anywere on the faction selection... how do i play with Arnor?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Full install for TATW version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

If memory serves Arnor is a an emerging faction, it will get triggered as a 'reuniting' script. It never was playable at game start, you might get more details in the general discussion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If memory serves Arnor is a an emerging faction, it will get triggered as a 'reuniting' script. It never was playable at game start, you might get more details in the general discussion threads.
    ok, fair enough... but... seven balrogs! are you kiddin me? is this normal to spawn seven fiking units with 38 attack on Moria!!! if this is supposed to happen i dont understand why the mod creator ever thought that this was supposed to be fun...seven units with 38 attack... why?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

No idea about that, first time I hear about it. If this is happening without any sub mod installed then it will be best to raise this issue in it's own thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930144316_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	377.0 KB 
ID:	362691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930144454_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	362692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930144444_1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	362693

Hello Gigantus,

No matter if its Medium/Hard/VeryHard it spawns (7) Balrogs inside Moria just after the cutscene of the movie when it says the Balrog has been awaken... this destroys the hype that i had because it is virtually impossible to defeat such a force. So, how do i fix this, can i edit the unit size in some way?
    is there a cheat that i can use to play as "Orcs of the Misty Mountains" and delete the extra Balrogs and then go back to my faction?
    is there a solution?

anyway it is a shame because i love the Mod, this was actually the first Mod i ever installed, ever.
    however i would like to thank your responses, Gigantus, sadly this thing is a crazy bug that i cant imagine to be able to enjoy the Mod like this.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Several problems

What are you playing, TATW or TATW with a submod installed?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    What are you playing, TATW or TATW with a submod installed?
    im playing TATW 3.2 as indicated in the post made by Gigantus, clean install, with no submods.
    TW veteran; never installed any mod in the past, first mod i ever play,

Good to know, this thread can stay where it is then.

As for your problem, I can't remember other people posting about seven Balrogs, killing their game. I haven't played TATW for a long time now though. Anyway, if there really are seven Balrogs, the players seem to cope with them one way or the other. I wouldn't call it a bug and it's extremely unlikely Gig's installer has anything to do with it.

Perhaps somebody who still plays the original TATW can shed some light on this.

Yes, you are right, at first i was surprised but now i saw some people beating the balrogs. Well, i can say that was very unexpected and this is indeed quite difficult mod. ill take the challenge and see what i can do. I am playing as high elves and this has been quite difficult. mostly because the elves do not grow so fast, so this creates a situation in which every single unit counts. Very well made mod indeed.
    i would like to know who can help me with installing a couple other mods that have caught my eye... cheers and thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpalykos King of Arcadia View Post
    i would like to know who can help me with installing a couple other mods that have caught my eye...
    I take it you want to install submods for TATW. If not, you are asking in the wrong forum. For TATW submods you go to the submods forum and then to the thread of the submod you want to install. Usually it has an install instruction and download links in the first post. If you have trouble installing, you ask for help in the thread of the submod you want to install, not in the TATW forum.