Thread: Full install for TATW version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Full install for TATW version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

IntroductionWhen the mod got released back in 2011 with it's fixed installation path is was completely sufficient as only the disk version was available. With the coming of the Steam version however also came a 5 level deep path that needed to be set manually. As if that was not enough some time later the two executable files of the Steam version got merged into the medieval2 file while every mod was using the kingdoms file in their launcher (BAT file).
    This led to some rather cumbersome approaches to make the mod Steam compatible like renaming of a campaign folder, using the restrictive launcher option in Steam's library.
    All of this has been addressed by this installer version. None of the mod's game files have been altered in any way and the 'rights' to the mod are unchanged, see here for more. For small changes related to the installation see the list further down.

InstallationThis is one of my 'click through' installations, it comes in two parts due to the file size restriction of the installer application.

• Run one installer at a time, start with 'part 1 of 2'
    • As long as your registry is fine the installer will find the correct installation path. If not, simply follow the instruction displayed in the installer.
    • At the end of each installation a file verification will take place, allow it to finish, check for error messages (see picture in spoiler), close it and finalize the installation.
    • Steam users: no need to do anything extra - simply start the mod with it's desktop shortcut once you have run both installers.

Spoiler for verification picture
    Changes to original Installation25 June 2020
    - automated path setting during installation
    - Steam compatible starter with affinity setting
    - icon reworked (multiple size display)
    - disabled Nvidia intro clip
    - unpacked sound files for easy sub mod update
    - file verification after installation
    - all small caps for easy MAC use
    DownloadTorrent Download - click here
    This download contains both parts. The original files are hosted by myself and the torrent file is hosted here at TWC, making it a totally safe download. Credit to Veteraan and Seether who were instrumental in seeding the torrent.

Mega.nz - thanks to Veteraan
    Mediafire - thanks to Seether

Google Drive - thanks to Lifthrasir
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 05, 2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: more download links

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Full install for version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

Patches, fixes and paraphernalia

Submod fix - download attachment
    Some submods may provide their own BAT file and use the old CFG file - that will start the original campaign instead of TATW. Simply extract (7Zip is freeware) the attachment into the mods\third_age_3 directory.

Essential Bugfixes - download here
    This is a simple click through installer comprising the fix by Elvenkind as posted here.
    - Balrog fix, and few minor ones.
    - Mumakil Building fix, and few Elvish guild fixes.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 01, 2020 at 08:02 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: Full install for version 3.2 - automated, Steam compatible

This is really great. Much needed and much appreciated.