Thread: Choose your heir interactively in M2TW/EBII

Default Choose your heir interactively in M2TW/EBII

It has been achieved!!!!!!!

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15927636

Unbelievable work by youneuoy in M2TW Engine Overhaul Project.

I wonder if EBII team is also taking into account these impressive advances to be included into EBII, as well as further develop the already incredible potential and work of EBII team.

Default Re: Choose your heir interactively in M2TW/EBII

Amazing the level of work that goes into this game. Off a rough guesstimate it'd take...a colossal amount of work to incorporate it into EBII though. Games can break for any reason, and overhauling the engine means needing to refit everything made so far.

Indeed youneuoy has been doing an amazing job and the EBII team is certainly taking into account his advances. I wouldn't be surprised if after the next patch there are many submods released with his tool. Not by me, I still haven't quite understood how to make it work

Thank you for sharing this amazing breakthrough! Now we no longer have to generate cover-up stories for the mysterious deaths of family members who claim heir rights...

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Thank you for sharing this amazing breakthrough! Now we no longer have to generate cover-up stories for the mysterious deaths of family members who claim heir rights...
    I could not agree more, any idea how many boating accidents there have been over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by BailianSteel View Post
    Amazing the level of work that goes into this game. Off a rough guesstimate it'd take...a colossal amount of work to incorporate it into EBII though. Games can break for any reason, and overhauling the engine means needing to refit everything made so far.
    Hello!
    In fact, everything works stably and the program can be connected to modifications during the ongoing campaign, for testing, for example.

Lusitanio

I wrote a rather large instruction and shot training videos. If your game doesn’t start when using this project, then this can also be solved - in a future update I will add an alternative launch method (which is much simpler in technical terms).

I will also share my plans for this function:
    in the future I plan to implement various inheritance systems (approximately how this is done in ck2).

P.S. if necessary, then I can make the death of the past heir, and you can add the story yourself - messages are configured in the program localization files.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    in the future I plan to implement various inheritance systems (approximately how this is done in ck2).
    WOW!

Man I wonder how you'll do Gavelkind

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdgriffin View Post
    Man I wonder how you'll do Gavelkind
    It’s probably worth starting with simpler systems, probably gradually so I can move on to complex ones.
    If you have suggestions, wishes, you want to discuss, support or just try how the program works now, then our subforum is waiting for you.

The test version with the ability to change the heir is in the discussion thread, about on the last page or next to it
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 30, 2020 at 09:04 AM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Yes of course was just joking around have already checked it and frequently roam around on your sub-forum to see what awsome features you may have added

Just in case, I’ll post here a link to a post with a test version (if you don’t know how to use it, see the instructions or program files):
    MTW2EOP_1.18_test:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15928709

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Hello!
    In fact, everything works stably and the program can be connected to modifications during the ongoing campaign, for testing, for example.
    That's spectacular! I can see this ending up on the Modding Hall of Fame.