Thread: Anti-adoption

Default Anti-adoption

What do I need to put into my campaign script to disable all adoptions?

Or, does anyone know a mod that has successfully disabled adoptions? I could download it and take a look at what they did.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anti-adoption

Adoption is a hardcoded affair - it has to do with the number of regions owned versus named characters available, and obviously available slots in the family tree.
    Hence no luck with a script.

You could try to lower the max age of adoption in descr_campaign.xml below the min age

<min_adoption_age uint="20"/>
    <max_adoption_age uint="30"/>

The file is part of my Bare Geomod mod setup if you want to do a quick test.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

In Hyrule they send a lot of characters off-map to limit it I think, as it will increase your number of generals vs settlements, and thus you should get less proposals.
    Last edited by Jadli; June 23, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Hi everyone, I don't know if it's a good thread but I have a problem with the Turkish faction, so when I accepts a candidate for adoption, he dies immediately. Women can be added as, for example, wives, but generals not, because they die. Anyone know where the error might be and how to fix it?

I tried to change the age of the moment of adoption in the file descr_campaign_db but it didn't work

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

One known cause is the faction not having a default bodyguard. This would also kill comes-of-age children so if this is not happening to them then that's not the cause.

Default bodyguard = the first unit in EDU that has this faction (or the faction's culture) listed in the ownership line AND general_unit in the attributes line.

Yes, its working! Thank you very much