Thread: Gift regions through diplomatic agreements

Default Gift regions through diplomatic agreements

Hey everyone. I'm posting this after reading some posts in this forum and in the Submods forum too, and in light of one of CA's recent patches (Patch 18?).
    So I'm playing a campaign as Bosporan Kingdom and I just conquered Egypt, but Ptolemaioi captured a region from Ethiopia (Ptolemais Teron). And I had the idea of capturing that region to add up to the "subjugate factions" campaign objective and then gift the region to Medewi in exchange for trade, since I really have no intention to keep that region. I remember the Diplomatic options mod for vanilla Rome 2 had that option, but it doesn't work out with DeI. In light of some of the posts I read there were talks of a submod or a politics overhaul that would include some things including these, and I would like to know if there's any progress on that or any other submods related.
    Thank you to everyone who works on the mod and the submods!

Default Re: Gift regions through diplomatic agreements

I'd be interested in a 'gift region' diplomacy option, too

Me too! Really miss that feature from Rome 1

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

there will be, there will be, have some patience...

@cachulfaian
    "I remember the Diplomatic options mod for vanilla Rome 2 had that option, but it doesn't work out with DeI"
    There is any transfer region option inside vanilla, the only transfer region option is the weird one through the diplomatic intrigue which works as per vanilla inside DeI

really?? great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    there will be, there will be, have some patience...

@cachulfaian
    "I remember the Diplomatic options mod for vanilla Rome 2 had that option, but it doesn't work out with DeI"
    There is any transfer region option inside vanilla, the only transfer region option is the weird one through the diplomatic intrigue which works as per vanilla inside DeI

Jake, do you have approximate date for that submod?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nope, I'll probably do it for RoR which means not before autumn.
    maybe i'll do it before for testudo, don't think so though, testudo has other priorities right now.
    there will be a DeI vanilla version though but expect something a little strategical and somehow complex.
    I would say before 2021

maybe i'll do it before for testudo, don't think so though, testudo has other priorities right now.
    there will be a DeI vanilla version though but expect something a little strategical and somehow complex.
    I would say before 2021
    this is amazing news.

I would say before 2021
    Thanks man!