Thread: Article: On how scientific development changes our perceptions

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Article: On how scientific development changes our perceptions

Default Re: Article: On how scientific development changes our perceptions

Stop relaying on Wikipedia. It's neither accurate nor reliable.
    Moreover, reading your article indeed reveals that, as you testified, you have little understanding of how the scientific method works and a twisted view of the history of science.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agema Ippeon View Post
    Stop relaying on Wikipedia. It's neither accurate nor reliable.
    Moreover, reading your article indeed reveals that, as you testified, you have little understanding of how the scientific method works and a twisted view of the history of science.
    Well feel free to tell us how scientific method works, then, you're welcome to educate us, if you wish
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I don't really think that Flinn is talking much about scientific method (which involves testing and Flinn isn't testing anything) nor about history of science either.
    He's simply recapitulating what's the most common (in a rational perspective) way of thinking (and philosophizing) about reality, as nowadays is intended from a decently cultured person.
    And I like a lot he's putting relativism as both an answer and as a question.
    I'm gonna read that part about gravity, the difference (or not difference) between "discovery" and "invention" seems quite interesting.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I don't really think that Flinn is talking much about scientific method (which involves testing and Flinn isn't testing anything) nor about history of science either.
    He's simply recapitulating what's the most common (in a rational perspective) way of thinking (and philosophizing) about reality, as nowadays is intended from a decently cultured person.
    And I like a lot he's putting relativism as both an answer and as a question.
    pretty much this, thanks for actually reading the article, mate
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Nice