View Poll Results: Argh, maties! Shall Peaman walk thee plank or nay? Speak or forever hold ye pieces of 8.

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Artifex] Peaman [Patron: King Athelstan]

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default [Artifex] Peaman [Patron: King Athelstan]

What's this? The Pikestance of the 2020's? Another one? Ah well, buckle up lads, we're in for another one!

Now then, I've received both an extensive application and some very in-depth recommendations, so as not to bore you I shan't ramble on forever about how worthy PeaMan is of the Artifex badge, but a little bit doesn't hurt. I first started talking to him in the Hotseating section of the site, where came in late and I played as his ally in TIOC2. Though that didn't last very long, as soon after a certain other Norwegian wiped the floor of both of us. (Him first though). Anyways, from there he proved himself to be both an enthusiastic forum member and a good teammate. His main contribution and work is his Fire and Blood mod, which I hadn't heard of before admining in a hotseat he launched based on his mod, and it all escalated from there. (He also has a currently running one. I was impressed at seeing what he'd done, and thought I'd check his work out further. After a while of following his work, where he has gone from knowing nothing to becoming quite the competent modder during his time on TWC, watching his interactions with his fellow forum members and the conversations amongst ourselves, I've come to have a thoroughly pleasant opinion of the guy. I am off the full belief that this guy (or should I say pea?) deserves the artifex badge.

The Applicants bit
    Hey good people of the Curia,
    I have been a member of Total War center for a number of years and a lurker for some a couple of years before deciding to create a account. I'm probably not well known around the various areas of the site as I mainly stick to the Westeros: Total war sub-forum and the Medieval 2 Total War hotseat section. I first joined hotseating in 2017 as Parthia in the great Battle for Rome being drawn to it by the period the mod takes place as a big fan of the era and though it has only been 3 years its been quite a journey with some victories though defeats also! Winning or loosing I am one who will fight to the very last and never abandon a ally (death before dishonour). I was nominated for the hotseats Most Promising Player award back in 2018 and to my surprise I won, this takes me to the next part of my story..

Since joining the forum back in 2015 I knew very little to nothing about modding, the extent of my abilities were changing the turns to recruit units and replenishment rate and that was that until I decided to delve into the belly of the best that is modding around summer 2018, around that time I was engrossed in the amazing Italian Wars mod by Aneirin having watched the TV shows, The Borgia's and Borgia's. I decided to create a mini portraits submod based on the appearance from TV series from that period such as The Borgia's, Borgia's, Reign, Tudors etc. I also took the liberty of adding 70+ soundtracks from the Borgia series which were perfect for the mod though I contacted a admin to see if there would be any copyright issues and was informed there could be so I didn't include it in the release but instead kept it for my personal use. That was my first contribution for MTW2 modding -

- https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rtraits-Submod (The screenshot has since died as tinypic went down and the link has been dead for some time sorry *I still have the files on my PC so I may re-post it*)

As a huge fan of the Game of Thrones series and the books I decided to start work on a GoT and as such I had to learn to mod in most aspects though it was a learning process, starting small and so on. The first version of my project was based on GoT season 7-8 with the night kings invasion of westeros, unfortunately I didn't keep changelogs for these early version so I can't say what exactly I done but most likely changing the campaign to fit the scenario.

Slowly but surely I was learning more in regards to modding thanks to the MTW2 modding index and hugely due to Gigantus who was very patient with answering all my annoying questions but thanks to his knowledge and the many guides out there I was able to a unique Game of Thrones mod.

It was around this time that I decided to add various campaigns using the custom campaigns and change the main campaign to War of Conquest based on Aegon Targaryen's invasion of Westeros and the custom campaigns will chronicle his families history ranging from the Conquest to the Winds of winter (S8 GoT campaign) and so the mod finally fit the name: Game of Thrones: Fire and Blood, the campaigns featuring important periods such as The Dance of Dragons, The first Blackfyre Rebellion, Roberts Rebellion, War of Five Kings and more..

With custom scenarios being added more factions were needed so I changed the unused factions to add House Blackfyre and so on and with the release of WTW 1.0 and being granted permission to use their map I took the liberty to import the great map created by Toho and soundtracks intended for WTW 1.0 though they weren't included in the release so he was kind enough to send them my way and I added them but my ambitions were scarcely achieved so I went further and expanded the map to feature the continent of Essos all the way east to slavers bay but with an expanded map more factions were needed and I had used up all the vanilla factions so I ended up adding 6 factions from scratch for Essos finally reaching the limit of 31.

So this brings me to my current stage of development of the mod, the next release will be my biggest yet with 60+ character strat map models for minor houses, dozens upon dozens of new minor house rosters all with banner carriers based on their house sigils and unit cards + info cards, unique voice's for characters such as Jon Snow and many more (this was actually added in previous versions of the mod) and my latest project is adding the bowstring animation finally bringing that great feature to a GoT based mod.

Many others have been kind enough to allow me to use their material for my project such as the WTW 1.0 team, VltimaRatio and Mr_Nygren, Aneirin, Warhammer BOET Alt-Cut and Lifthrasir who was kind enough to take time to create new artwork for the mod, all have my thanks!

I am a one man army so to speak when developing my project though I am determined to create a unique and immersive GoT based mod!

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-ESSOS-ADDED!)

Many thanks,

-PeaMan

Further commenting on his qualities is Jadli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli
    "I have known PeaMan since he has joined TWC hotseating in the end of 2017, and he has been a reliable and active member of our community ever since. I had guided him through several of his first newblood hotseats, and later I was also giving him a lot of advice when he started modding. Afterwards, I sort of had not heard that much from him regarding modding, but about a half year ago I found out that in the meantime he had managed to become one of the most active modders out there. He has also just had a success with his ambitious FaB and he actively continues developing it. He has also been doing a tremendous amount of work for TATW Reforged and also some other minor mods. And if that wasnt enough, he has been working on some huge top secret feature for my TES UP mod. He is not afraid of getting his hands dirty with heavy modding, and he really spends insane amount of time on it. I have no doubts he deserves the badge.

PS
    Athelstan, he was mine. I hate you."

And Mr. Nygren, whom is the reason for me not wanting to write too much on my bit, as to make this application too long;

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nygren
    I do think Peaman is a nice fellow, he has done an impressive amount of work on Fire & Blood in which he has ported over all the GoT Enhanced units, worked on more than five campaigns simultaneously, learnt how to create strat-models out of the battle-models that VltimaRatio created (including the new ones from the summer of 2019,) and he has edited a lot of old models and made minor house variations, he has expanded the Westeros 1.0 map to include all of Essos, he has added more factions to Essos, he has worked on the gameplay, moved over the custom settlements and he has made a vast number of strat-model minor house variations. I'd say he's done even more to his Fire and Blood mod - which is a mod based on Badger'Dudes old mod - but using stuff from Westeros 1.0 and GoT Enhanced as well. He even made new skins for the Warhammer: BotET: Alt-Cut Dragons. I do think he is very ambitious and has the drive and passion for Game of Thrones that is required to make a very vast and amazing mod. There are many mods set in this world - but Peaman's mod is the first to combine the map of Westeros 1.0 with the awesome models of GoT Enhanced - and then add to that many campaigns from the old Fire and Blood mod by BadgerDude. Then on-top of that he is making new content by editing the old content.

Based on this work alone I think he has proven himself a promising modder. But what I didn't like with his modding is that he is releasing multiple versions during the year. So the mod is far from stable, polished or finished just yet. If i were him I would have waited with the release until every bug had been polished, or at least until every gamebreaking bug had been fixed - I've heard that in some of the campaigns you can't play as certain factions without a crash. I don't know if it's too early for him to become a citizen? I had released a lot of stuff when i became one. A lot of more polished stuff. But then again some modders get citizenship without modding - because they are helpful tot he community. So maybe that talks in his favour.

He did also be kind enough to port the campaign map by SoulGamesInc to game of Thrones: Enhanced - which has enabled me to continue work on GoT Enhanced where I am now adding content to the vast new map. Peaman's willingness to help certainly talks in favour of him becoming citizen. My final judgment is that he deserves citizenship for his modding work and willingness to help others.
    A very thorough and insightful discussion back and forth above ^, but with an important conclusion

Anyways, if all of this hasn't been enough to convince you then this surely will be . Anyhoo, thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing this fine pea-man mutant join the citizenry.

Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] Peaman [Patron: King Athelstan]

Another wonderful candidate for the House of Hader.

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Obvious support.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

The only reason to oppose that come at my mind is that I want to patronize him myself

Anyways, if I may expand on some contributions a bit, for example adding the Essos map to WTW 1.0 Westeros map shows how insanely hard working he truly is. I dont know much about mapping, but from what I gathered that was more difficult than if he just created a new map, as he had to expand the "old" map somehow, and in addition to that manually paint every messed up pixel. And there were many of those ...

And in my TES team he has already spent like 30+ hours without hesitation on something that might need 30+ more hours...

So of course yes, support. Perhaps I later convince him to leave his unrightful father and join his true father in my house

I resent the fact you made me read things and I resent the fact that you're making me memorize the name of another nephew yet I have to support based on the strength of the application. Now come smear laminine oil on my back

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I have made some graphic work for him that let me see his good behaviour beside his contributions. Easy support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I consent to this.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Good application, good candidate, simple conclusion: support.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yes, why not.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Poll added.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Voted

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

supported and voted
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted in support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Voted.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Walk thee plank!!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? He got through? I would never have thought so

Congratulations to Peaman for making it to Artifex!

Archived
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman