Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrendous suggestions

Default Re: The thread for horrendous suggestions

Followers of sship mod waiting for the upcoming new release...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michael-mcgee-meme-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	362697
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Followers of sship mod waiting for the upcoming new release...Click image for larger version. 

Can confirm.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

+1
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

I'm sure there's some GIF out there of some movie character screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!" to represent that moment when we realize the update won't hit before October does.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Guys,
    unfortunately, the 097 got in the modding process very buggy. It crashes too often to merit being published. We need to find out the sources of the crashes and fix them. We don't know when I would be done. We are sorry.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Guys,
    unfortunately, the 097 got in the modding process very buggy. It crashes too often to merit being published. We need to find out the sources of the crashes and fix them. We don't know when I would be done. We are sorry.
    JoC

A good mod needs time and we will patiently wait... Thank you so much for your time and effort!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Guys,
    JoC
    Thanks for the update, JoC. I hope I didn't offend with my attempt at humor. Knowing what is going on will make being patient much easier. I'm sure anyone who reads this will know from painful experiences from other games how much worse it is when a game is released, still full of glitches is bugs, in order to get it on the market in time for the Christmas season, than when a product's anticipated release is delayed in order to get it right.

Icon1 Re: The thread for horrendous suggestions

Guys I found the perfect intro for the SSHIP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byn8FtQX3Fg
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 12, 2020 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Guys I found the perfect intro for the SSHIP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byn8FtQX3Fg
    We have a winner!

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Constantinople fell because even if it had great walls...it didnt have a castle.

You guys really need to add in-game buildings or trait descriptions naming where is the crowning settlement for given factions. I worked the hell out of Paris, even started building Notre Dame, wondering why the hell, despite unifying ALL the french lands, I couldn't get a crown. So I looked at the files...

Trigger Crown_france_Fit WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4
    and FactionType france
    and EndedInSettlement
    and SettlementName Rheims
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cathedral
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and IsFactionLeader

Affects Fit_Crown_france 1 Chance 100
    Yeah. Also, horrendous suggestions, uh... give the dwarfs cavalry.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've thought this is quite well shown on the in-game map...

On topic then

You say that the "great sword" shown on the map of regions that you have to conquer right?
    for example, in my campaign with Norwegians this sword marks the Roskilde region (which belongs to the Danes), to get the Scandinavian crown, in addition to having several Scottish, Baltic and Scandinavian regions ... I also understand that I would need a cathedral, authority enough and money.
    Although in my opinion it would not hurt to add it in some trait or event mentioning where each faction has its specific coronation site.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Yeah I never considered the sword meant that. Also I kinda wish that map was a little bigger. Sometimes can be a bit hard to make out individual regions in it.

Not a suggestion but a horrendous discovery - after 13 years, I just found out that right clicking on stratmap shows you terrain type...

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Not a suggestion but a horrendous discovery - after 13 years, I just found out that right clicking on stratmap shows you terrain type...
    What? Well, I just didn't know it either... In the same topic, I discovered this morning that the AI tells you what it want in the diplomacy panel: there is a "priority" line in the top right of the scroll, above the "reputation" line. Never noticed it before! Shame...
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    What? Well, I just didn't know it either... In the same topic, I discovered this morning that the AI tells you what it want in the diplomacy panel: there is a "priority" line in the top right of the scroll, above the "reputation" line. Never noticed it before! Shame...
    What I've noticed about the diplomatic priorities is that it usually shows as unknown unless it's an obvious situation. Like if I've just taken a few settlements and drove off some large stacks the priority always shows peace.

A buckload of Papal States scripts, monitors, and traits relating to the general state of catholic faith so instead of just acquiring more land, you get to actually go for wider, strategic objectives.

Too good of a suggestions, technicals aside? Make inquisitors player controlled. No tithe will be late, ever again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast