Thread: Tips for the Iceni Campaign

Default Tips for the Iceni Campaign

Hello, my name is Salem. I play as the Iceni tribe in the grand campaign mode on normal difficulty. I have complete dominance of the British Isles after defeating the Britainic tribes, and I am generating an income of 1000-2000 Denari every turn. I am currently at war against three Gaulic factions and allied with the Germanic tribes. What are your suggestions for me to defeat my enemies and conquer more settlements?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Tips for the Iceni Campaign

Divide et impera, perhaps?

Seriously though, that's a pretty big question. If you are intent on holding land in Gaul, I'd start by cracking the biggest walled settlement of the opposition. Once that settlement is repaired and you have a solid garrison there for a while, you should have a decent foothold from there. If your German allies aren't involved in your conflict with the Gauls, it would be smart to try to get them involved to take some heat off of you. The key will be to getting a hold of a walled settlement without getting spammed out by AI stacks before or after taking the settlement.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; June 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM.

Thank you for the answer. I also have a problem with the Roman campaign; I am unable to recruit multiple units from the barracks, such as the the legionaries and the cohorts. I would like an answer to this problem.

Did the reforms happen yet? For the legionaries you should be around turn 150+ and have a certain empire level.

No, but I researched the two technologies for the reform. I will use these units against Carthage as I am at war with this faction.

You must surpass certain turn and imperium requirements to get the various reforms. Polybian I got once I united mainland Italy Aside from Medhan and at around Turn 40.

Also, I want to know how to defeat Carthage’s naval force and conquer their major cities.

I need an answer for this question.

I try to island/land hop as Rome to avoid Carthage's naval superiority when I can. Get 2 armies down to Carthage, take it and then you can secure Africa.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Alternatively, if you can hold on to you possessions at sea, you could conquer your way through Spain and naturally work your way down into Africa that way.

Firstly you need more money.

The 4 province region you start in has 3 fishing ports, so you can get either industry income or commerce from that, just choose whichever you prefer. Do the other buildings to help with this (e.g. markets or traders etc), then set up your governor and a general with those same traits boosted.

Use this money to build some really good armies of mostly infantry (iceni get good melee defence and attack buffs which are great for large armies of medium infantry).

You can expand in any direction you prefer, just remember that fighting other barbarians use swords, and fighting greeks and romans use spears and javelins (because of the armour).

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Alternatively, if you can hold on to you possessions at sea, you could conquer your way through Spain and naturally work your way down into Africa that way.
    This, I secure Sicily, (possible Greece) and move towards Iberia, and then invade Corsica and Sardinia, since Carthage won't be able to divide its attention to all 3. If you have a large fleet, you can take Corsica (the smallest island?), replenish, move your army to Sardinia, and move your fleet to help besiege it. After you take it, you can usually move your fleet back to the town within the same/next turn.

Hey guys, I conquered all of Britannia as Iceni, now I have to decide where to launch my invasion. I think that sacking and looting the ports along the southern Baltic coast with a dedicated spy that increases the money I get from looting might be insanely good, this will provide funds for multiple stacks in Gaul. Wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by shaggothchampion View Post
    Hey guys, I conquered all of Britannia as Iceni, now I have to decide where to launch my invasion. I think that sacking and looting the ports along the southern Baltic coast with a dedicated spy that increases the money I get from looting might be insanely good, this will provide funds for multiple stacks in Gaul. Wish me luck
    Well that went horribly, the gauls all have defensive allies and my 3 armies got wiped extremely fast because I can't replenish my troops in their territories + I couldn't retreat home because of winter (playing with 12 TPY). Conquering other civilizations is crazy hard. Love it!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by shaggothchampion View Post
    Well that went horribly, the gauls all have defensive allies and my 3 armies got wiped extremely fast because I can't replenish my troops in their territories + I couldn't retreat home because of winter (playing with 12 TPY). Conquering other civilizations is crazy hard. Love it!
    Post some campaign screenshots if you have the spare time !

Sounds, very fun, shaggothchampion!

I guess is doesn't get any worse than getting wiped out, but at least you no longer have to deal with the previous vanilla Iceni trait of getting a morale penalty when fighting outside of your lands.