Thread: Undead Playthrough

Icon7 Undead Playthrough

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]I'm making this to help me and anyone else that wants to play the undead. I will try my best to update this as I figure stuff out or run into problems.

I'm using the Fourth Age Campaign

Campaign Map: You start with 2 settlements; Scourge Barrow which is a large city AND your capital, and Castle Volkihar. They are both pretty far from each other (3 or 4 settlements inbetween) and Volkihar is on an island which you need to upgrade the castle to be able to build a port to move troops off it.
    NOTES: There is basically no way to grow the pop of Volkihar unless you cheat which is what i did lol so if you wanna do that just type in "add_population Volkihar 5000".

Expansion: Expand north of your capital and take as many rebel settlements as you can, there are at least 2 you can take before the AI. If you get a port at Volkihar you can use its garrison to help with the expansion.
    NOTES: You can't build any agents so use a ton of watchtowers and exterminate most settlements since you dont have any religious buildings.

Diplomacy: There are 2 clans to the south of your capital one will ask for trade the other will attack you with a full stack. I recommend building a bowyer there first so you can try and pump out as many archers as possible (you might be able to get like 6 or 7 of you're lucky) and just spam infantry.
    NOTES: You can't build diplomats so you have to wait for the AI to send one to you first to get trade or whatever.

Special Features: So far there are only two i have found
    1: You can only get draugrs in Skyrim
    2: Depending on which places you conquer you can recruit special vampire units. If you take Waycrest city you get a pike unit, if you take a Daggerfall city you get a cavalry unit (the only one you can get besides mercs). I think there might be a few from the 2 southern clans but i havent tested that out yet.

Events: i havent gotten super far in my current campaign but apparent at some point the King of Worms Mannimarco shows up but idk if he joins your faction or not. Also one of the units the undead can get are the Worm Cult Warlocks so i think him showing up gives you those units since you cant build them yet.

If you have any advice or ideas for me please give me them cause i need it all lol

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Undead Playthrough

Well, in 2.0 they didnt mean the undead to be playavle so you can surely come upon some weird obstacles, like Volkihar being isolated And pretty much all merc scripts are likely not gonna show up for you.

Not sure if you are gonna get Mannimarco, probably not. He is meant to show up if you play as one of the playable factions after you conquer enough of settlement I believe

You can heck in which settlements in Iliac Bay you can get the vampire units. If you look them up in export_descr_buildings, you will find they have a hidden_resource, each of them their own. You can then go into descr_regions and find which regions have that hidden resource, and thus you will know in which settlements you can hire them