Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 230

Thread: The Decline Of The United States of America

  1. #141

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Please define hyperinflation so we can use the math and historical precedent and economic data to determine if it is even possible.
    Please refer to my previous posts addressing the road to hyperinflation that the USG has now doomed its people but you may also use this one from last week:
    Deutsche Bank issues dire economic warning for America
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...ng-for-america

    The USG is attempting to downplay the rise in CPI but it's obvious that when you print 20% of the total money supply in 1 year, there's going to inflation. Hyperinflation, that is.

    Of all the nations that matter on earth it is fair to say the US represses it’s population the least. China would be the top oppressor of its own people.

    Freedom to own guns, to access the global internet, free speech, economic freedoms, freedom to not wear a mask or get a vaccine or quarantine during covid, transparent judicial processes, a lack of regulation in comparison to say Europe.

    One is hard pressed to find a freer populace in the world entire than the US one. If a lack of freedom leads to decline China would already be toast. The idea that a lack of freedom leads to a declining nation state is a poor argument unless you Believe China Saudi Arabia Turkey etc are in serious decline already.
    What you call "freedom" is really having the freedom to impotently go on a diatribe against the government's policies which is nothing compared to the freedom to enact change.

    Ask yourself, why did nothing change after the Snowden Revelations? the USG is still clamping down on freedom, even more so as they feel their grip on power slipping with civil unrest and riots from not just the new religion of BLM but also outright white nationalist groups as we saw in 2017. Not to mention the modern blood libel/conspiracy theory that is QAnon.

    Did you know that US SECSTATE Blinken who became infamous for his arrogance at Anchorage was forced into the humbling role of reaching out to Chinese FM Yang Jiechi and begging for a meeting? Sounds like hyperinflation has the US ruling class spooked.
    It also reflected that the US has realized that merely seeking conflicts with China, and being blindly arrogant, hardline while engaging in extremely selfish unilateralism cannot address Washington's concerns or have its goals reached, noted the expert, and the US still needs to coordinate with China regarding issues like trade and regional order, they said.
    ...
    The phone call was at the US' invitation, according to news report. Given Washington's diplomatic style, there must be something urgent about which the US believes a conversation with China is indispensable, Li Haidong, a professor at the Institute of International Relations of the China Foreign Affairs University, told the Global Times.
    Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202106/1226000.shtml


    Just this week, we saw another demonstration of American weakness and decline in their increasing irrelevance in the G-7 and the inability of the US in getting its allies to follow its orders, especially in relation to china:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...e-biden-493834

    Also, why would free and democratic nations try to stifle media reporting over their so called 'unity' in the G-7?
    Internet Reportedly Shut Off as G7 Leaders Squabble With Biden Over China
    Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/intern...ticles&via=rss
    Smells like weakness to me.

  2. #142

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    If a lack of freedom leads to decline China would already be toast.
    It is. The only question is if Xi turns it into a larger version of North Korea (very likely where it is headed with the social credit system and censored internet easily leading to a caste system and forbidding outside contact), or if the Chinese people break through their conditioning and overthrow their communist oppressors.

  3. #143

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    I want to expand on my quote:
    Ask yourself, why did nothing change after the Snowden Revelations? the USG is still clamping down on freedom, even more so as they feel their grip on power slipping with civil unrest and riots from not just the new religion of BLM but also outright white nationalist groups as we saw in 2017. Not to mention the modern blood libel/conspiracy theory that is QAnon.
    Now this is my conclusion based on the above sources i have stated in previous posts:

    1) The US is undergoing a period of turmoil that mirrors the Crisis of the 3rd Century (competing claimants to the Imperial throne = disputed elections with 1/3 of the country supporting Trump).
    2) The US is also undergoing a period of social change with traditional values giving way to the rising religion of BLM (a post i made several pages back point out that BLM is a new religion).
    2) b) Social changes that include lower marriage rates, higher virginity in young adult males and the startlingly increase in prostitution services by young american females eg OnlyFans. Ask yourself, would you, if you are an unmarried man, marry a woman who has an OnlyFans account? Such behaviour demonstrates a breakdown in social mores akin to gibbon's Fall of the Roman Empire.
    3) Snowden's revelations exposed a US ruling class that spied on each and everyone across the globe; the safeguards that the Founding Fathers instilled in the Republic ie the people rising up to overthrow tyranny, to as Jefferson put it, water the tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants did not come to pass.
    4) Economic changes eg NAFTA, globalisation etc that took jobs away from american citizens and gave them to workers in China, India, Asia etc whilst the US Elites grew rich from the offshoring and the american ppl grew poorer. This created the base of support for someone like Trump.
    5) Conspiracy theories based on the blood libel eg QAnon mirror the "Illuminati" conspiracy theories of the 18th-19th centuries which themselves led to Revolutions in many european states.

    In addition to parallels of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, we are also seeing the breakdown of civil society and feudalism of american society; Blackrock as i mentioned earlier, a billion dollar hedge fund is using USG money to outbid everyone when purchasing properties. This means no homes for young families to raise young.
    I mentioned this from a link earlier: https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-...nd-11617544801

    But i urge everyone here to read up on the twitter thread:
    https://twitter.com/APhilosophae/sta...34266970140676

    Situation is no different to prior to the Rise of Caesar where the slaveowners were buying up all the land and the roman citizens were forced to find work and rent in the city of Rome.

  4. #144

    Default G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Specifically, Europeans refuse to fight and die against their largest trading partner- China- and effectively sacrifice themselves for American hegemony much as the Australians have done.
    What has the world come to, when fellow Men of the West refuse to charge the Pelennor fields ?

    Apparently, things were so bad the G-7 had to cut all internet lest Russian and Chinese spies caught onto how divided the great white western alliance was. and the increasing irrelevance in the G-7 and the inability of the US in getting its allies to follow its orders, especially in relation to china:
    World leaders grapple with how tough to be on China

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...e-biden-493834

    Internet Reportedly Shut Off as G7 Leaders Squabble With Biden Over China
    Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/intern...ticles&via=rss

    The French meanwhile wasted no time disassembling the UK as revenge for leaving the EU:
    Boris Johnson infuriated after Emmanuel Macron suggested Northern Ireland was not part of UK
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...sted-northern/


    However,
    The US managed to corral its vassals into agreeing to build a rival to China's BRI, but bigger questions is: Who's gonna pay for it?
    The G7’s Build Back Better spending plan to rival China’s Belt and Road Initiative is a glorified PR stunt that’s destined to fail
    Source: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/526520-g7-c...lt-road-rival/

    Even on the subject of vaccines, the G-7 couldn't match the vaccine diplomacy championed by China and at least 2 of the G-7 (India and Japan) are debilitated by COVID.

    Above all, the much touted summit between the senile Biden and the Killer Putin was disappointing to say the least. Putin affirmed that Russia supported China and would not join the great white western alliance against china. *disappointed face*.

    simply put, this is historic in more ways than one; China's rise is unstoppable and america failed to use the G-7 to achieve its geopolitical goals vis-a-vis China.

    The chinese internet portrayed the G-7 perfectly:


    The Last G7’: Satirical cartoon mocking bloc’s attempt to suppress China goes viral
    Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202106/1226050.shtml
    Last edited by Exarch; June 14, 2021 at 09:14 PM.

  5. #145

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    I bet Cornpop is behind all of this, sabotaging Joe Murica at every step.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

  6. #146

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Any global economic forum that doesn't include the world's second-largest and fastest-growing economy is immediately suspect. At this point it's pretty much a select group of NATO countries and Japan.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

  7. #147

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Any global economic forum that doesn't include the world's second-largest and fastest-growing economy is immediately suspect. At this point it's pretty much a select group of NATO countries and Japan.
    Effectively, it was the US Elites through Biden, trying to cajole and pressure the Europeans into giving up their economic wellbeing in order to buttress the white anglo led world order with third world nations like India attending to offer themselves as the cannon fodder for the war to save white anglo hegemony.

    To the rest of the world, it was a group of failing economies and former imperial nations with its compradors squabbling.

  8. #148
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    15,709

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Chine is a crumbling paper tiger. It should start getting used to being excluded from all meetings of consequence from now on.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


  9. #149

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    As the armed wing of the G-7, NATO is struggling to find direction and was also left in disarray; the attempt by the US to use NATO to fight its Asian Wars was met with lukewarm reception:

    By expanding Article 5 protection guarantees into the fields of space, cyber and “hybrid”, NATO is projecting the sad state of its current deterrence posture. The feeling in Brussels is that Russia could degrade NATO communications and interoperability capabilities by shutting down satellites in space, degrade and disrupt critical infrastructure using cyber-attacks, and exploit internal political and ethnic unrest through so-called “hybrid” fifth columnists. The fact that these concerns are self-created, formed by either mirror-imaging NATO intent onto Russian capability or, in the case of the “hybrid” concerns, manufacturing a doctrine where no such doctrine exists, is beside the point. Perception creates its own reality, and currently NATO is in the grips of a panic driven by the perception of a Russian threat where none exists.No détente expected – only more posturing

    From the perspective of Joe Biden, the NATO Summit was not so much about fixing the myriad of problems facing NATO, but rather creating the impression that NATO was united in the face of Russian aggression. The perception of strength, from the perspective of the Biden administration, is more important than reality, because the long-term focus of NATO cannot be on Russia if it ever hopes to muster the political and economic resources necessary to confront China. Joe Biden simply needs to take this perception of NATO unity and strength with him to Geneva, where he will use it as a prop in the political theater that will transpire when he sits down with Russian President Vladimir Putin on June 16.
    In Geneva, Joe Biden will not try to reset relations with Russia, or repair relations with Putin. There will be no détente. Instead, the goal is to prevent the continued worsening of relations between the two nations, to create a sense of stability and predictability that will maintain the present chill in relations without continuing to a deep freeze or, worse, a hot war. To accomplish this, certain perceptions must be maintained, most important of which is that NATO is ready, willing, and able to stand up to any military threat posed by Russia. This is the real purpose behind the NATO Summit – to construct a fiction capable of bolstering Biden’s posturing during his meeting with Putin. The fact that Russia is fully aware of this reality only underscores the theatrics of the entire affair. That, more than anything, defines the current situation between the US and Russia – theater posing as reality, to cover for weakness in order to project strength, all in an effort to avoid a conflict no one wants.
    Source: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/526642-biden-us-nato-putin/

    Biden and the USG hoped to use the G-7 to rally the west to its cause, but failed miserably.

  10. #150
    EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    11,576

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    As the armed wing of the G-7, NATO is struggling to find direction and was also left in disarray; the attempt by the US to use NATO to fight its Asian Wars was met with lukewarm reception:


    Source: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/526642-biden-us-nato-putin/

    Biden and the USG hoped to use the G-7 to rally the west to its cause, but failed miserably.
    It is, of course, worth noting that RT has all the reason to downplay and negate the conference, and to emphasize the G-7's failings. We know that Russia has interest in prying off US economic and political influence in Europe for its own benefit, and that most of the G-7 countries are NATO states, put together in an alliance meant to continue the Soviet Union and now Russia. I wouldn't trust RT's prognosis of this meeting.

  11. #151

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    It is, of course, worth noting that RT has all the reason to downplay and negate the conference, and to emphasize the G-7's failings. We know that Russia has interest in prying off US economic and political influence in Europe for its own benefit, and that most of the G-7 countries are NATO states, put together in an alliance meant to continue the Soviet Union and now Russia. I wouldn't trust RT's prognosis of this meeting.
    Rt's bias is clear but their points still stand, where would you point out where RT is wrong?

    EDIT:
    for eg, the Anglo led US expects everyone to behave like feudal vassals and become captive markets for US tech companies:

    US warns EU against anti-American tech policy

    Source: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...n-tech-policy/

    Kinda ironic that the EU is now doing to US tech companies what the US was doing to Chinese tech companies
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 21, 2021 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Video link deleted.

  12. #152
    EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    11,576

    Default Re: G-7 In Complete Disarray, increasingly Irrelevant; Europeans Refuse To Obey America (This Is History in Motion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Rt's bias is clear but their points still stand, where would you point out where RT is wrong?

    EDIT:
    for eg, the Anglo led US expects everyone to behave like feudal vassals and become captive markets for US tech companies:


    Source: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...n-tech-policy/

    Kinda ironic that the EU is now doing to US tech companies what the US was doing to Chinese tech companies

    Karma's a .
    It's hard to find a place to begin with your article, as it is so laden with invective and pessimism throughout the entire piece, minimizing and negating any possible achievement from the meeting.

    The New York Times, although far from perfect and considered part of the political establishment, had a more balanced prognosis of the summit. They made some boilerplate agreements on different issues such as getting tough on Russian and Chinese human rights abusing and doing something about climate change, like they always do, but seem to have ended on a positive note.

    So not great, not terrible, but not the idea of the entire G-7 being in open rebellion against some apparent "Anglo-American global dominance."

  13. #153

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    It's hard to find a place to begin with your article, as it is so laden with invective and pessimism throughout the entire piece, minimizing and negating any possible achievement from the meeting.

    The New York Times, although far from perfect and considered part of the political establishment, had a more balanced prognosis of the summit. They made some boilerplate agreements on different issues such as getting tough on Russian and Chinese human rights abusing and doing something about climate change, like they always do, but seem to have ended on a positive note.
    You don't like RT as a source, which is fine, you are free to have your own views, but can you deny the arguments and assertions of RT? Their conclusions?

    Keeping in mind, the NYT was proven to be a propaganda mouthpiece for instigating the Iraq war and WMDs.

    So not great, not terrible, but not the idea of the entire G-7 being in open rebellion against some apparent "Anglo-American global dominance."

    Well it is, actually, and i will say this as my personal opinion which is supported by facts in reality:

    The West is divided because the Anglo Five Eyes, specifically America want to use NATO to fight its war against China because America fears the loss of its empire and the Europeans don't care enough to save american hegemony. This is supported by the articles i provided above.

    Ask yourself, why should a French, German, Norwegian or Polish die in some humid tropical malaria ridden hellhole in the Pacific just so America can perpetuate their hegemony? If ASEAN doesn't want to die in a war against China, why should europeans?
    If even India and Japan are too scared to name China as their enemy, why should europeans?

    To date, the only nation that has declared China its enemy is Australia but that's because Australian culture has a perennial fear of Asians. Source: Australian history and current foreign policy of ScoMo gov.

    @topic
    US Inflation has deepened, the Fed is unable to control it; hyperinflation is coming. Expect gold and crypto to go to the moon!

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...08bfe0ccb13c63

    To my America friends, take care.

  14. #154
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    14,087

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    The US is undergoing a period of turmoil that mirrors the Crisis of the 3rd Century (competing claimants to the Imperial throne = disputed elections with 1/3 of the country supporting Trump).
    That analogy is so poor I'm not quite sure where to begin.

    The US is also undergoing a period of social change with traditional values giving way to the rising religion of BLM (a post i made several pages back point out that BLM is a new religion).
    Profound and often violent social change is sort of a US thing you really should brush up on US history.

    2) b) Social changes that include lower marriage rates, higher virginity in young adult males and the startlingly increase in prostitution services by young american females eg OnlyFans. Ask yourself, would you, if you are an unmarried man, marry a woman who has an OnlyFans account?
    You have provided zero evidence that an OnlyFans is tantamount to being a prostitute. Nor have provided any evidence that the rate of selling sex under any number ways or reasons has increased over time. Repition on makes facts at Trump rallies.

    3) Snowden's revelations exposed a US ruling class that spied on each and everyone across the globe
    Nations spy to the best of their ability.

    the safeguards that the Founding Fathers instilled in the Republic ie the people rising up to overthrow tyranny, to as Jefferson put it, water the tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants did not come to pass.
    Funny I wounder if his revolted and killed if we agree about the Tyrant thing.

    4) Economic changes eg NAFTA, globalisation etc that took jobs away from american citizens and gave them to workers in China, India, Asia etc whilst the US Elites grew rich from the offshoring and the american ppl grew poorer. This created the base of support for someone like Trump.
    Err and Automation, and the fact the rest of the world did not stay devastated by WW2, and denationalization, and the fantasy you talk about existed only for the class of white men.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  15. #155

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    That analogy is so poor I'm not quite sure where to begin.
    If it's so poor, kindly educate us. Otherwise accept that you only reject this fact due to emotional reasons.


    Profound and often violent social change is sort of a US thing you really should brush up on US history.
    violent social change resulting in civil war and/or revolution tends to be a feature of failed states.

    You have provided zero evidence that an OnlyFans is tantamount to being a prostitute. Nor have provided any evidence that the rate of selling sex under any number ways or reasons has increased over time. Repition on makes facts at Trump rallies.
    Would you accept your daughter having an OnlyFans? Or your wife?

    Look at this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/i...yfans-23811235
    Clearly, OnlyFans is a form of selling sex ie prostitution much as being a stripper or exotic dancer would also be a part of the sex industry. Not to mention, the fact that we are at the point where OnlyFans is being openly celebrated in the United States society like the veritable Whore of Babylon indicates a clear cut decay and decline in social mores and a breakdown in society.

    Nations spy to the best of their ability.
    That's not the point, the point was the USG violated the constitutional right to privacy and not have the government perv on you or your family.

    The result should have been a 'violent social change' to correct this blatant violation of civil rights. Instead we got more of the same, and a doubling down and persecution of government whistleblowers, indicating that the american people were comfortable with this level of tyranny and pervasive intrusion. Evidently, there has been a clear social and moral decline since the values of the Founding Fathers. George Washington himself would side with the Chinese for Freedom against the United States Government.

    Err and Automation, and the fact the rest of the world did not stay devastated by WW2, and denationalization, and the fantasy you talk about existed only for the class of white men.
    About that, it's clear the USG knows what the problem is and are attempting to restore jobs and factories back Stateside. Unfortunately, American capitalists and the rich monied 1% are against this idea:
    US optimism to reshore supply chains from Asia ‘overblown’, with region’s share of global exports set to rise





    https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...rblown-regions

    Thus far, i have backed up each and every one of my points with sources and evidence, befitting any College Paper. I would appreciate anyone who debates me to similarly show me the same respect by showing me sources for their own assertions.

  16. #156
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    14,087

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Missed an earlier one

    Ask yourself, would you, if you are an unmarried man, marry a woman who has an OnlyFans account?
    Yes long before I would marry a women worked for the goons who helped Amazon crush union organizing, anyone who ever crossed a picket line, or was vulture capital manager I can think of more but I think the point is made.


    violent social change resulting in civil war and/or revolution tends to be a feature of failed states.
    So the colonial American sit in and calm dialog won US independence. It was Jackson's measured voluntary Oklahoma resettlement program that made the Cherokee move, Hamilton just put down the whisky rebellion with a few town hall meetings about the need for a strong national financial base, Buchanan won a second term on the strength of great compromise that ended slavery. You really have no ideal about the labor movement in the US do you you Walter Ruther just walked into negotiations with GM 1950 and used his wit and charm to get that deal or was he standing on shoulders of well of 200 years of labor leaders and members blood (some of it his) being shed and sacrificed and the hands of savage industrial responses to get to that moment?

    That's not the point, the point was the USG violated the constitutional right to privacy and not have the government perv on you or your family.
    I am rather a lot more about Amazon or Google. Snowden in my opinion is basically a Russian spy he impresses me not at all.

    befitting any College Paper
    Truly you do always provide a morning funny.

    About that, it's clear the USG knows what the problem is and are attempting to restore jobs and factories back Stateside. Unfortunately, American capitalists and the rich monied 1% are against this idea:
    None of that is really an answer.

    So a play game what the US need to do to restore garment product back to the US from Bangladesh. Not niche high end product but mass garment production supplying Walmart for example?


    Look at this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/i...yfans-23811235
    Clearly, OnlyFans is a form of selling sex ie prostitution much as being a stripper or exotic dancer would also be a part of the sex industry. Not to mention, the fact that we are at the point where OnlyFans is being openly celebrated in the United States society like the veritable Whore of Babylon indicates a clear cut decay and decline in social mores and a breakdown in society.
    The Mirror? Really? And just to remind you N of 1 ... N-1 -> N = 0. Again you failed to show any particular data that OnlyFans is what you say it in aggregate, nor that it represents some spike in prostitution in the US.

    If it's so poor, kindly educate us. Otherwise accept that you only reject this fact due to emotional reasons.
    It nonsensical, but seeing as I got back a 4 trip for business and tired and have a lot crap to catch up on - I think wasting my time on a post you will ignore anyway.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  17. #157
    EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    11,576

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    You don't like RT as a source, which is fine, you are free to have your own views, but can you deny the arguments and assertions of RT? Their conclusions?
    When I know that their bias indicates their paymasters' desires to see a weakened and divided West, yes, I can deny their arguments, assertions, and conclusions, because those observations and conclusions were shaped by the outcomes they specifically desire.
    Keeping in mind, the NYT was proven to be a propaganda mouthpiece for instigating the Iraq war and WMDs.




    Well it is, actually, and i will say this as my personal opinion which is supported by facts in reality:

    The West is divided because the Anglo Five Eyes, specifically America want to use NATO to fight its war against China because America fears the loss of its empire and the Europeans don't care enough to save american hegemony. This is supported by the articles i provided above.

    Ask yourself, why should a French, German, Norwegian or Polish die in some humid tropical malaria ridden hellhole in the Pacific just so America can perpetuate their hegemony? If ASEAN doesn't want to die in a war against China, why should europeans?
    If even India and Japan are too scared to name China as their enemy, why should europeans?

    To date, the only nation that has declared China its enemy is Australia but that's because Australian culture has a perennial fear of Asians. Source: Australian history and current foreign policy of ScoMo gov.
    Here is another take from Canada's CBC that indicates that Ottawa has come out from the conference with a very optimistic picture.
    As much as the United States State Dept. loves to think that Canada is our best buddy and emphasizes the "special relationship" due to shared geographic and cultural aspects, Canada has, since at least Pierre Trudeau's (Justin's father) tenure as Prime Minister, often stood up against US policy rather than serve as an extension of the US. Trudeau the Elder went so far as to personally visit Cuba under Castro, standing blatantly against America's embargo on the communist island. More recently, the US-Canada border remains closed to travel, even though America is no longer an epicenter to the pandemic, and that vaccinated Americans have only a minimal risk of spreading the virus. Much of this, of course, signals that Canada is not the 51st state and that it can stand socially and economically on its own, and that it doesn't need US trade and American tourists to survive. In short, Canada often goes against the wishes of the United States and is by no means obligated to comply with Washington wishes, yet, they went with many of America's proposals at G-7.

    And no, I don't perceive Canada's behavior as a rebellion against the "crumbling" US hegemony because they have been acting this way for decades. Nor can this be written off by Anglo racism either: almost half of the Canadian population is not Anglo, and they have the highest proportion of Asians in North America, and Trudeau is a Quebecois.

    @topic
    US Inflation has deepened, the Fed is unable to control it; hyperinflation is coming. Expect gold and crypto to go to the moon!

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...08bfe0ccb13c63

    To my America friends, take care.
    Yes, impending inflation is a very serious issue. The previous president is to blame for allowing it, and this president is especially to blame for allowing the Fed to continue. If I were in charge, I would've sacked the Federal Reserve chairman when he said that they are no longer counting the M2, the total supply of money held by the American population.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; June 17, 2021 at 09:47 AM.

  18. #158
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    14,087

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Yes, impending inflation is a very serious issue. The previous president is to blame for allowing it, and this president is especially to blame for allowing the Fed to continue. If I were in charge, I would've sacked the Federal Reserve chairman when he said that they are no longer counting the M2, the total supply of money held by the American population.
    The President does not have the power to do that mess with the FED that was the point).

    Take chill pill on inflation man.

    https://ihsmarkit.com/research-analy...june-2021.html

    I believe I already posted the raw data earlier. the rate spike is driven almost entirety by supply chain issues in a minority of of sectors. The inflation of the last two months would have been met with a yawn back in the 60s. Let's recall the fed has been desperate for around 10 years now to avoid deflation. Stop listening to anything Larry Summers bloviates about.
    Last edited by conon394; June 18, 2021 at 02:10 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  19. #159

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    A variety of powerful outlets manufacturing a consensus can be more convincing than a single state broadcaster, particularly if viewers/readers are conditioned to believe that dissenting voices are conspiracy theorists, far-right propagandists or foreign agitators.
    Societies always "manufacture a consensus", that's what a society is and wasn't any less true when you agreed more with the "manufactured consensus" of the time. I can guarantee it's not done in as near of a controlled or centralized way as you seem to imply with the term "manufacture". It would be quite silly to assume that information can be better controlled in an open media market with alternative sources consumers can just choose to follow, as we have now in the US and is apparent by how split public perceptions are. You can literally go shopping for your preferred narrative in the US media market. Tim Pool is still active, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro; individuals don't need to, and many don't, engage with the "variety of powerful outlets" (which I am guessing you mean operate in coordination with one another) at all. You can just go to your preferred narrative, nothing is stopping you. If this is brainwashing, it must be the weakest, limp-wristed form of brainwashing you can imagine if individuals can choose alternative narratives whenever they want.

    The true comedic gold of your post, though, is how you complain of "dissenting voices" being dismissed as "conspiracy theorists, far-right propagandists or foreign agitators" while simultaneously dismissing the views of your opponents as being the result of manufactured conditioning. In the same sentence! Party before country, I guess.
    Last edited by The spartan; June 18, 2021 at 04:06 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  20. #160

    Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

    Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Societies always "manufacture a consensus", that's what a society is and wasn't any less true when you agreed more with the "manufactured consensus" of the time. I can guarantee it's not done in as near of a controlled or centralized way as you seem to imply with the term "manufacture".
    Media centralization is so now common that it has its own Wikipedia page. See especially:

    In 1983, 90% of US media was controlled by 50 companies; as of 2011, 90% was controlled by just 6 companies and in 2017 the number was 5.
    It would be quite silly to assume that information can be better controlled in an open media market with alternative sources consumers can just choose to follow, as we have now in the US and is apparent by how split public perceptions are. You can literally go shopping for your preferred narrative in the US media market. Tim Pool is still active, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro; individuals don't need to, and many don't, engage with the "variety of powerful outlets" (which I am guessing you mean operate in coordination with one another) at all. You can just go to your preferred narrative, nothing is stopping you. If this is brainwashing, it must be the weakest, limp-wristed form of brainwashing you can imagine if individuals can choose alternative narratives whenever they want.
    There is no "open media market"; the digital world has been monopolized by a handful anti-competitive corporations which increasingly act as information gatekeepers and collude with big media. From a Dem led anti-trust committee:

    A year after initiating the investigation, we received testimony from the Chief Executive Officers of the investigated companies: Jeff Bezos, Tim Cook, Mark Zuckerberg, and Sundar Pichai. For nearly six hours, we pressed for answers about their business practices, including about evidence concerning the extent to which they have exploited, entrenched, and expanded their power over digital markets in anticompetitive and abusive ways. Their answers were often evasive and non-responsive, raising fresh questions about whether they believe they are beyond the reach of democratic oversight.

    Although these four corporations differ in important ways, studying their business practices has revealed common problems. First, each platform now serves as a gatekeeper over a key channel of distribution. By controlling access to markets, these giants can pick winners and losers throughout our economy. They not only wield tremendous power, but they also abuse it by charging exorbitant fees, imposing oppressive contract terms, and extracting valuable data from the people and businesses that rely on them. Second, each platform uses its gatekeeper position to maintain its market power. By controlling the infrastructure of the digital age, they have surveilled other businesses to identify potential rivals, and have ultimately bought out, copied, or cut off their competitive threats. And, finally, these firms have abused their role as intermediaries to further entrench and expand their dominance. Whether through self-preferencing, predatory pricing, or exclusionary conduct, the dominant platforms have exploited their power in order to become even more dominant.

    To put it simply, companies that once were scrappy, underdog startups that challenged the status quo have become the kinds of monopolies we last saw in the era of oil barons and railroad tycoons. Although these firms have delivered clear benefits to society, the dominance of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google has come at a price. These firms typically run the marketplace while also competing in it—a position that enables them to write one set of rules for others, while they play by another,or to engage in a form of their own private quasiregulation that is unaccountable to anyone but themselves.

    The effects of this significant and durable market power are costly. The Subcommittee’s series of hearings produced significant evidence that these firms wield their dominance in ways that erode entrepreneurship, degrade Americans’ privacy online, and undermine the vibrancy of the free and diverse press. The result is less innovation, fewer choices for consumers, and a weakened democracy.

    Nearly a century ago, Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis wrote: “We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.” Those words speak to us with great urgency today.

    Although we do not expect that all of our Members will agree on every finding and recommendation identified in this Report, we firmly believe that the totality of the evidence produced during this investigation demonstrates the pressing need for legislative action and reform. These firms have too much power, and that power must be reined in and subject to appropriate oversight and enforcement. Our economy and democracy are at stake.
    The true comedic gold of your post, though, is how you complain of "dissenting voices" being dismissed as "conspiracy theorists, far-right propagandists or foreign agitators" while simultaneously dismissing the views of your opponents as being the result of manufactured conditioning. In the same sentence! Party before country, I guess.
    The predictable contrived accusation of hypocrisy. At no point was anyone's view dismissed without explanation. It was simply stated that a variety of powerful organizations manufacturing a consensus can be more effective than a state broadcaster.
    Last edited by Cope; June 18, 2021 at 05:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •